Round 11 - Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, May 30, 2011.

1. a_kampf

a_kampf New Member

Libba > Didak.

thats the only trade i will make this week.

it opens up a MPP link,

will make about $4OK in the trade as well. :p

2. homerj

homerj Member

Was gonna work on my forward line this week but after another sub standard performance from Chappy think I will give him a miss and go for Pav instead. Pav's gonna drop in price a bit the next few weeks so might wait on him.
    Am thinking this week I may as well get my final midfielder and give Harris the boot after his pathetic effort which cost me my undefeated status in my league!!!
    I am gonna trade Harris and Dangerfield, one a downgrade, the other an upgrade meaning I can get whoever I want in midfield.
    Currently have Pendles, Swan, Selwood, A Swallow and Boyd, might go for S Thompson, still not sold on Ablett and also as much as I would love Judd I'm going for leagues and his bye in the prelim means he's not really an option unfort. I know I have to get there first but it would be another trade I would need to keep up my sleeve.
    Thoughts appreciated?

3. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@jubs007

I wouldn't advocate trading out Dangermouse, but if that's what you've decided then I'd be looking at Hodge, Thompson & Mundy for your mid upgrade.

4. SickAsSquiz

SickAsSquiz New Member

Darling out. Brent Harvey in. Forward line finished.
    Harris out. Hodge / Priddis in. Mids Finished.

Will then finish backline next week by bringing in Newman. Have decided Heppell is good enough for 7th Def.

Rucking with Cox and Smith til after Sandilands bye.

5. Kel

Kel Moderator

Bewick to Hodge and Harris to Mzungu likely trades at this stage. Completes my mids and leaves me with $470k to double upgrade next week after a double downgrade last week.

6. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

so hows everyones trades going? sitting with 13 left, need to use 2 this week to finish my mids, my forwards are done, my backs still need some work

7. benny21

benny21 New Member

Torn between Sylvia and Roughead for my forwards.

Roughy not the type of player i normally pick but his scores have been elite. Too Silly or not?

8. Kel

Kel Moderator

dazza71 - 14 left with the above proposed for this week leaving 12. With cash in the bank the next 2 will be upgrades leaving me short one prem in defence plus Heppel as D7 and fowards with Krak as F7. Overall is shot sitting about 7500 but happy with how team is coming together.

9. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

@benny21,

personally id go sylvia as his teams bye is in the SC bye round, roughy isnt, but thats just me

10. weazel

weazel Member

@benny21 roughy most likely will go back to perm full forward when renouf is fit to go

11. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

will be going:
    Tappy/Matera>Mzungu
    Danger>S.Thompson

Who would be the better of the two guys to downgrade?
    im leaning more to Matera, only 2k diff and whoever remains will just warm the pine and Matera is just to inconsistent

12. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

Would be prudent to think of strategy should WC rest Cox this week....

13. The_General

The_General Member

Looking likely to go Matera to Mzungu (have Smith in the mids)

and then Stanley to Scotland (would like to keep Stanley as has a low BE but no real other upgrade options)

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

evening all. 2288 jumped me up to 43 overall due to great scores from my midfield, which i completed by bringing in S Thompson last week :)

I need to make the D/M link this week so i can get Heppell onto the park in the backs (had him as M6 to date) - thinking either Wazza Andreoli (91K...) or maybe spend the extra 20K and get Dan Nicholson. (This is for rotations only, if i have to play him, I'm screwed anyway...)

Now to get to work on the fwds - I have Buddy, NRoo, Pav, Dawes, Petrie (JTip in Rucks), Krak, Darling, Matera, Tappy and Siposs.

Thinking one of Tappy and Matera to the abattoir this week for Mzungu or an upgrade (288K bank).

Tossing up SJ, Sylvia and Fyfe - or Mzungu and upgrade later. Any thoughts?

(Didn't see any of the Freo game - did Fyfe have a shocker, or is this the Sandi-less Fyfe score??)

15. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

for mine its a clear matera out for mzungu, but stuck on harris to hodge or thompson like everyone

16. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

@Shenanigans:
    Fyfe hard done by under SC scoring this week. You're right to question the Sandi effect, however I'd also be concerned about the shoulder injury, which still doesn't seem to be right.

I like SJ, but it will depend on your Geelong exposure given the finals draw.

The option of taking Mzungu now will depend on your depth (and coverage for the Tigers bye).

17. MoussaR

MoussaR New Member

Scored just below 2100 and cracked the shits! Didn't even wait till Monday to trade. Culled cows Harris and libba for mzungu and Thompson!

18. torcida

torcida Member

bad moussa ;)

19. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

Everyone should be allowed one 'cracked the shits on Monday trade' per year that can be reversed after teams.

Unfortunately got another 4 days of staring at Harris in M6.

20. Flameboy23

Flameboy23 New Member

Hahaha sounds like me MoussaR...I lost the plot after a shocking round this week...nearly every player spudded it up for me on the weekend! Couldn't believe the drop off from the week before...stayed just inside the top thousand but was about to take my bat and ball and go home!