Round 12 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by AndrewW, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Alex_26

Alex_26 New Member

Or Howard from the dogs

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Alex_26
    I'd say obviously wait for the teams, but out of Coad, Howard and Staruss I'd have to say leave Coad, because he's out for alm ost the whole season :), I don't think Simpkin will last too long getting games at the Saints as Jason Blake is still to return, and he got subbed off, and because Ross Lyon is Ros Lyon, nobody will be able to stop him keeping faith in 30 year olds and losing patients with thoise that are 19. Strauss seems very good pick up after his score of 70, keep and eye on Nicholson too. Just look at who is in and make your decision from there

3. SorryRanga

SorryRanga New Member

Been watching this forum for 2 seasons but never signed up! Thought I would jump in and join the rest of you addicted SC guys and hopefully give a little back.

@JM I would probably shoot for Boyd, Murphy, Mitchell but like others have said take into consideration whether you're going for overall or league and who has byes etc. Remember Hawks still have 2 games v GCS and Mitchell should get a few possies.

@22nd PAV, Rioli, ROK, and Stevie J would be my choices. For the first time in 3 years I didn't lock PAV in to start, that changed in the first few rounds! He should get you 100+ week in week out and he's cheap based on the last few weeks. Rioli is another of my favs... Provided his hammy holds up he will score big whether he's up forward or through the mid. ROK is inconsistent and his scores are generally tied in with Sydney's win/loss, but again can score big. Stevie J looks very good and I do want him in my side but expensive for the return.
    -edit-

Away from PC... Rioli is back imo. Being a Hawks supporter I've watched closely and he is moving great. Skill is never an issue and gets plenty of contested footy. With Hawk confidence high he will be a big mover in the back end of the season.

4. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

who do you think will average more for the rest of the season, johncock or enright guys and girls?

5. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Enright

6. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

I was thinking of going Hale>Cox and McKeran> FWD PREM

this would give me a team of:

DEF: Deledio, Shaw, Adcock, Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Heppell (Lower, L Thompson, Hibberd)

MID: Pendlebury, Mundy, Swan, S. Thompson, Judd, Cotchin (Harris, Wallis, I Smith)

RUCK: Cox, Smith (Bailey, Keeffe)

FWD Pavlich, Franklin, Johnson, Goodes, J. Riewoldt, *FWD PREM*, Petrie (Tapscott, Mzungu, Krakouer)

i would have 10 trades left.

Do you think i could leave this as my complete team or strengthen an area?

Also what FWD PREM would you suggest?

7. JM

JM Member

Mattoc
    I would go with Enright. Dirt cheap now, and I reckon he is going to get back to 100+ form from here.

8. torcida

torcida Member

swan out forces me to shift lids in the mids untill he comes back and play either puopolo or duigan.
    if sylvia and buddy are out im in trouble but with all these mpps i should avoid donuts
    harris > bartel this week for me...
    o
    AndrewW - solid team there mate . if i needed fwd i would consider roughead since he started playin in the ruck his scores have been great

9. SorryRanga

SorryRanga New Member

Quick question of my own...

My current team is:
    DEF: Lids, Adcock, Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Heppel, Puopolo, L Thompson, Toy, Otten
    Mids: Pendles, Murphy, Boyd, Selwood, Cotchin, Mzungu, Jacobs, Iles, Prestia
    Ruck: Cox, Smith, Sandy, Derickx
    Fwd: Pav, Buddy, ROK, Goodes, N Roo, Rioli, Darling, Matera, T Lynch, Richardson

I have $351,700 in the bank from last weeks downgrades. 11 trades remaining. Going for league win and in top 3 of my 5 leagues.

Out L Thompson In H Shaw is locked in

Thinking...
    Out Darling In Fyfe
    Out Prestia In LeCras (scoring well through the midfield and word is he'll stay)

Should I be upgrading my mids first? Should I hold onto trades? Would love some advice on my next step.

Thanks in advance!

10. SorryRanga

SorryRanga New Member

@Mattoc Enright. He has more upside. Needs to start scoring tho.

11. JM

JM Member

Andrew W
    If what Sorry Ranga says is true about Rioli, I would get in Rioli while he is on the cheap side. Has 2 games left against GC, one of those being the GF if you are going for a league win.

You could upgrade Cotchin to Murphy, Priddis or Ablett. I have Cotchin myself and am considering him for an upgrade, but if he keeps knocking out 100s than it might not be worth the trade.

I reckon you should upgrade your ruck to Sandi, wait and see how he goes first game back from injury as his BE is 150 so will probably drop in value.

Also you could upgrade maybe Petrie to Fyfe or Chapman while he is cheap, almost be a straight swap.

12. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

Thinking of a double upgrade this week.
    D Stanley -> Enright or Hurn
    D Swallow -> G Ablett

what are your thoughts learned friends. I am going for a league win and am confident that my side will win the first round of finals (i am top of my leagues at this point) so geelong players wont affect my scoring.

13. torcida

torcida Member

rougheads scores since rnd 5.
    109 - 115 - 126 - 121 - 118 - 133 ...
    u cant ask for more

14. JM

JM Member

SorryRanga

Not sold on LeCras, wouldn't it be better getting Mitchell while he is on the cheap side. Or a better more consistent prem like Ablett, Swan (if he gets back to his best), or Priddis.

Also no love for Stevie J? or Chapman? Don't worry Chapman will get back to his 100+, the week off would have done him some good and he is a bargain, he might drop even more with a BE of 117 but I reckon it might be time to jump on him.

15. SorryRanga

SorryRanga New Member

<blockquote>Quote from AndrewW on June 6, 2011, 16:43
    I was thinking of going Hale>Cox and McKeran> FWD PREM

this would give me a team of:

DEF: Deledio, Shaw, Adcock, Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Heppell (Lower, L Thompson, Hibberd)

MID: Pendlebury, Mundy, Swan, S. Thompson, Judd, Cotchin (Harris, Wallis, I Smith)

RUCK: Cox, Smith (Bailey, Keeffe)

FWD Pavlich, Franklin, Johnson, Goodes, J. Riewoldt, *FWD PREM*, Petrie (Tapscott, Mzungu, Krakouer)

i would have 10 trades left.

Do you think i could leave this as my complete team or strengthen an area?

Also what FWD PREM would you suggest?</blockquote>

Out Bailey In Sandi when he returns. Bailey's price prob won't rise much more after a few weeks and Smith is a great backup.

Rioli/Roughead if you're happy for 2 Hawks, N Roo possibly

Nice team.

16. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

<blockquote>Quote from torcida on June 6, 2011, 17:08
    rougheads scores since rnd 5.
    109 - 115 - 126 - 121 - 118 - 133 ...
    u cant ask for more</blockquote>

hear hear! Great to see the big rough back in some good supercoach form!

17. JM

JM Member

Alright folks I'll put my cards on the table and see what responses I get, you can get imaginative if you like. My side so far is:

Def: Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Gibbs, Heppel, Lower, Pederson, (Stanley, Puopolo, Toy).

Mid: Pendlebury, Swan, Selwood, Cotchin, Ablett, McCarthy, (Conca, Hibbered, Mzungu).

Ruc: Cox, Sandilands, (Smith, Spencer).

Fwd: Franklin, Johnson, Goodes, Riewoldt N, Chapman, Darling, Krakouer, (Matera, Lynch, Prestia).

I have &#36;644,400 in the bank to play with given I did a double downgrade last round.

So my question is what would you do with this team now?

2635 overall rank so more than likely out of contention for the overall win, so concentrating on league win now (which has some good money to be won).

18. SorryRanga

SorryRanga New Member

<blockquote>Quote from JM on June 6, 2011, 17:12
    SorryRanga

Not sold on LeCras, wouldn't it be better getting Mitchell while he is on the cheap side. Or a better more consistent prem like Ablett, Swan (if he gets back to his best), or Priddis.

Also no love for Stevie J? or Chapman? Don't worry Chapman will get back to his 100+, the week off would have done him some good and he is a bargain, he might drop even more with a BE of 117 but I reckon it might be time to jump on him.</blockquote>

Stevie J and Chapman have bye during league finals. Not sold on Chappy and his hammies, and Stevie is &#36;&#36;&#36;. I will prob regret it but hey.

Mitchell is not a bad one though. Don't think I can afford after the Shaw upgrade though through lack of cow in mid. Could wait to do the Shaw upgrade till after the bye. Cheers JM.

19. torcida

torcida Member

went against the flow last week and brought in mitchell instead of hodge . so far so good :)

20. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

I was going to d swallow>murphy this week

but have changed my mind and will do the upgrade in the FWD Darling>ROK. ROK is really due to shoot up in price over the next few weeks and darlings BE 90ish is less getable than swallows.