Round 13 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Corks, Jun 12, 2011.

1. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

I'm not sure I can put an inch of trust in Lyin to play Crozier week in week out. Especially as an 18yo.

2. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Thought on Nathan Grima? Never been a fan of key position players but he has scored pretty decently the past few rounds, and his price is on the lowish side. Would prefer Waters however with the coin saved Grima could be a real value pick.

3. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

@AA, I intended to get Waters as my last defender, but I think I'll opt for Carrots after round 14. He'll be a bargain.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Carrots would look good in the last spot for sure.

Is anyone wary of how many pies are coming into their side? With most sides needing Sidey and Beams to stay competitive, plus Swan and Pendles, Shaw and Marty Clarke. I have all but Beams, and have been aiming to bring Beams in.

Should I be aware of the points pie and go for Danger instead?

5. Fish

Fish New Member

Nick I'd suggest you go for Dangerfield in any event. He's Adelaide's main man in the middle (with Thompson and to a lesser extent Sloane) so you'd think he'll be more likely to get a bigger share than Beams who has to tough it out against Swan, Pendles, Sidey and Thomas every week.
    Adelaide also have a dream run home (including Melb and GWS in the SC finals).

With that in mind, here are my three proposed trades for the week (440k in the bank):

Horse - Gibson
    Treloar - Sidey
    Smith - Tippett

Next week Redden to rookie ruck and Ol' Mac to Ablett with enough left in the kitty for Carrots from Bugg in Round 15.

Thoughts?

6. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Good thinking Fish!

I'm gonna go Ol' Mac to S Selwood now I've been crunching numbers and then sexy Carrots in 2 weeks time for Hargrave who has been really disappointing.

7. Tommy

Tommy New Member

i just love reading afl.com.au's "in the mix". its like womans days version of afl with all its gossip. Sam Docherty could be a nice little inclusion.
    Docherty in for Horse, flip to backs, chuck on the filed to cover lids or god - would be a very popular trade i reckon

8. gish

gish New Member

Think I'll go D Smith>Gibson, Treloar>Chappy. 5 Trades and $118,000.

Tossing up either:

Zaharakis>Beams (will have a full forward line), or I can hold Zaharakis and cover with Zorko for now, OR
    Kruezer to Griffin

Mids are complete and I'll need to upgrade one defender and possibly Malceski (perhaps to Suckling or Carazzo next week)

9. WizzFizz

WizzFizz New Member

I am a bit concerned by the apparent lack of cash cows to come through. Who do we have to look forward to in the next month? And will the have time to moo?

Having to look more closely at picking up players on price dips (thompson next week) and on selling cows like trealor who's price is about to fall (can I risk holding for 3-4 weeks on the hope his price bounces back? Nope. Control your own destiny). In effect I feel my hand is being forced to trade more aggressively than I would like at this stage of the year. How many trades to keep for the finals??

3 trades this week
    Morris for Johnson
    Trealor for Gibson
    Smith for Pattison (r/f)

Next week. !
    JMac for S Thompson - premium mids done baring injury.
    Gillies to Roughead (r/f) and into the fwds. Time to run with 3 ruck and get some coin. as per donor team.

Leaves me with 6 trades.
    Need another premium in def and fwd and maybe a 1-3 of bench options

Oh what I would give for an extra $500k! And an extra couple of trades.

Cheers

10. Corks

Corks Member

I'm having a re-think on Treloar. At this stage I will fall a couple of trades short of a full upgrade (thanks Messers Mumford, Fyfe, Goodes, Murphy and Sandilands). Apart from a couple of games, including last week's shocker, Treloar is getting 70s and 80s. Rather than using him as a cashcow, I'm thinking I'll cash in Smith, MacDonald and Adams for my coming upgrades then leave Treloar rotating with Zorko as my F7 / midfield bench. Not ideal, but I feel that Treloar can get 80s if I need to use him as mid or forward cover and I can go with a full defense upgrade to Carrots as D7 rather than Mohr / Shaw / Ellis filling that spot.

11. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Corks are you forgetting the age of Treloar? Most likely he will be running out of puff towards the end of the season and he will be rotated if not injured by that stage so have a think about that. Much better off to keep a mature aged rookie as their hardened bodies come in handy the 2nd half of the season.

12. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

For league hunters confident of making the final...
    Projections for round 23 scores,
    tweaked to reflect this seasons form,
    so if someone, this season has averaged 10% better than their previous form v that opponent,
    I've added 10% to their projected final round score & likewise deducted for those playing beneath their averages. (Added it up roughly a few weeks ago, so figures are just rough)

Defenders (in order) =

Johnson, 121
    Deledio, 108
    Goddard, 99
    Duffield, 98
    Birchall, 95
    Shaw,
    Adcock,
    Grima,
    Rance.
    ---

Mids =
    Ablett, 150
    Swan, 140
    Thompson, 140
    Pendlebury,135
    Swallow, 125
    Mitchell, 125
    JPK, 120
    Ebert 115
    Stanton,
    Foley,
    Priddis,
    Ward,
    Boyd,

Forwards =
    Tippett, 124
    Stevie J, 121
    Walker, 113
    Zaha, 113
    Danger, 111
    Chapman, 109
    Lewis, 107
    Buddy, 104
    Roughead, 100
    Sidebottom.99

13. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Scottland & Carrazzo should be mingled among that backline, i didn't check them coz were injured and weren't trade in options at the time I made that list.

14. Corks

Corks Member

Great stuff fidel...interesting for final upgrades.

15. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Agreed, great stuff there! Already identified Adelaide and Freo has having the best SC finals run, hence my final upgrades being Johnson, Thompson, Pavlich.

Gives me a lot to think about though, there's so many more players you could apply that form of analysis to also.

16. jesters

jesters New Member

Tossing up between getting beau waters and Michael johnson this week. Who does everyone reckon will be better?

17. Gary78

Gary78 New Member

Going for the 3 trades this week which will leave me with 8 for the remainder of the year. I have just over $300k on the bench from last weeks downgrade so I'm thinking

Ellis out for Broughton
    Horsley our for Boomer
    Treloar out for Cloke

That will finish my forwards - Buddy, Chapman, Riewoldt, Boomer, Cloke, Goodes, Martin (Porps/Adams)
    Mids will be Ablett, JPK, J.Selwood, Priddis, Hayes, Zorko (Gibson/Shiel)
    Backs will be Delidio, Goddard, Scotland, Broughton, Lake, R.Shaw, M.Clarke (Dempsey/S.Shaw)
    Rucks Goldy and Giles (Redden/Stephenson)

Will do two more downgrade/upgrades to get S.Thompson into the mids and hopefully H.Shaw into the backs and then I'll cross my fingers and hope the injury gods and general soreness don't impact me too much in the run home.

18. traviso

traviso Active Member

@WizzFizz i did the treloar gibson trade this week too. Gibson is getting mixed reviews but i needed Treloars cash at this point and not going to waste time waiting for him to bounce back. upgrade while you can... Hopefully Gibson will get enough games as backup when needed for the rest of the year. Might not be necessary though as my other rookie bench still has MPP.

19. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Waters has scored 18% above his averages v his opponents so far this season,
    He finishes up with -
    round 22 v Collingwood,
    averages 65 v pies, + 18% expected improvement adds 12,
    so an expected 77 points round 22.
    Final round Waters has the hawks,
    average 73 + 18% adds 13 = projected round 23 score of 86.
    Waters has pies this week also, so his score here should be some indication of what to expect in round 22.

Johnson has scored 19% above his averages, (121 v Richmond this week, his former average v the tigers was 59)
    r22 v North = ave 62 , + 19% adds 12, = 74 pts.
    r23 v Melb = ave 112, + 19% adds 21, = 133 pts.

20. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Looking at trading out Mohr. Options in my price range include Harry Taylor who is averaging in the 90's, Rance,Suckling,Fisher and Heppell.

Rance,Fisher and Suckling all have the bye this week. Therefore if i was to get rid of Mohr this round it would be out of Heppell and Taylor. Should i bring in one of these two? Or wait another week for one of the others? Who is the better choice to bring in?