Round 13 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Corks, Jun 12, 2011.

1. johnnytheboy1

johnnytheboy1 New Member

I have Mundy,Selwoood,Pendlebury &Swan in the Midfield.

Shall i trade out Mundy and leave the others on the bench this week. I Have 10 Trades & $256,000
    Was also going to trade out Darling.Idon't have the following forwards Fyfe,O'keefe,Sylvia,Harvey. Who is the best of those.

2. obleex

obleex New Member

Seeking some advice guys...

I have Mundy, and I'm thinking of doing one of two things to cover his injury.

Either a straight swap for Bartel/Fyfe or Sylvia.

or...

Downgrade Darling to Howe and then trade Mundy out for someone like Boyd. Thoughts?

3. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Ahh Mundy.

The money I had put aside to upgrade Krakouer this week will now need to be spent replacing Mundy with another premium.

I have Swan, Pendles, Murphy, Mundy, Priddis, A Swallow as my Mids. I have the bench coverage for Swan and Pendles this week.

I think I may just drain the bank account and bring in Ablett. I can't see any other options that stand up to that.

4. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

@Obleex, yes I think one up and one down will be the best bet for Mundy. I am probably going for Boyd whilst downgrading Atley or Prestia to I.Smith who should get some games with Roughy out.

5. Tino

Tino Member

Mundy and Selwood - what a fkn disaster!

Plus I have to cover Swan, Pendles and Shaw this week. Double sideways trade here we come!

6. Western_Demons

Western_Demons New Member

Backs- Deledio, Goddard, Gibbs, johncock,
    Lower, heppel, gram.
    Thompson, Buckley, hibberd
    Mids-Boyd, Thompson, Judd, swan, montagna, rok
    Iles, Jacobs, smith
    Rucks- cox, smith, j Tippett, r Campbell
    Forwards- Sylvia, Johnson, pavlich, jack reiwoldt, Petrie, yarran, rioli
    Mzungu, lynch, jarred Waite

10 trades, 55k and league only.

Plan this week to trade Waite down to Howe. Then upgrade heppel to Newman and then have enough cash to upgrade lower to def premium. Thinking I'm gonna keep yarran and gram as m7/ d7 respectively.
    Thoughts?

7. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

I too have the Big 4 problem - Pendles + Swan + Mundy + Selwood.

I reckon this week I'm for sure gonna trade out Mundy to ROK. That's a definate to complete my FWDS and provide MPP with Mzungu.

However, with Selwood...3 weeks out + 1 bye in finals. Not so sure. I'm aiming for league ownage.

If I was to trade Selwood, would it be for Mitchell (against the Suns this week) or Murphy? That's my current dilemma.

Or should I wait another week and trade in my Backline, which currently is being fielded by 3 rookies (lower, heppel, puopulo + jacobs, hibberd, c howard switching between midfield and back)

8. LeisureSuitLion

LeisureSuitLion New Member

looking to upgrade heppell or lower to fisher after r14. Who do I offload in the reserves for him - d.stanley, or hibberd? stanley's $$ position is better, but job security is probably on his side too?

9. Jay

Jay New Member

sorry for the long post, any opinions welcome

Going for league and overall (sort of). Sitting in top 300, realise $50k is out of reach, but there is a cash prize in my league for most points.

Looking to upgrade my forward line, but also want to maintain depth. Current lineup looks like this:

Pavlich, Franklin, Goodes, Chapman, Petrie, N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, Higgins, Mzungu, Tapscott and Prestia in the middle for MPP link.

Looking at a semi-sideways trade to upgrade either J Riewoldt or Higgins, leaning towards Riewoldt, tired of the erratic scoring. Looking at the following and trying to weigh up the pros and cons.

* Rioli - Pro - Plays Gold Coast twice, forwards tend to dominate against them. Con - Already have Buddy, he'll be the third member of the soft tissue injury kings in my fwd line.
    * ROK - Pro - MPP, can score big, Con - Already have Goodes, can get tagged and go missing
    * Fyfe - Pro - MPP, another vacancy in Freo midfield, Con - Already have Pav, lingering shoulder injury, no Sandi to win the taps
    * Harvey - Pro - MPP, Energizer bunny, keeps on going, can score big, Con - Already have Petrie, bye in 1st round of league finals
    * Sylvia - Pro - MPP, big fish in a little pond, fairly consistent, Con - Plays for team not expected to win many games.

Have Pendles, Swan & Selwood out this week in mids and bench downgrade of Iles to Callinan will open up another MPP link for extra coverage.

Which is the best option?

10. clackerz

clackerz Member

I was planning a no-trade week this week, but Mundy put a stop to that and put the trigger finger back in the gun....
    Whilst Mundy is a loss I'll most likely bring in Boyd for him.
    So a positive out of a loss.

I can't see any reason for holding Mundy....however Selwood is another story...

11. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

I know i wont be doing this trade this week, but what are peoples thoughts of trading knights for didak?? basically a straight swap. f7 with mid value if he gets up and running after the bye next week?

Have darling as well who was looking solid for the f8 position but i am unsure there now as well.

12. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Mattoc on June 14, 2011, 11:03
    I know i wont be doing this trade this week, but what are peoples thoughts of trading knights for didak?? basically a straight swap. f7 with mid value if he gets up and running after the bye next week?

Have darling as well who was looking solid for the f8 position but i am unsure there now as well.</blockquote>

Didak needed to score 100 in yesterdays game and still couldnt do it..

Not sure how he scored 80+ either..

Dont think i will be picking him up

13. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from clackerz on June 14, 2011, 10:57
    I was planning a no-trade week this week, but Mundy put a stop to that and put the trigger finger back in the gun....
    Whilst Mundy is a loss I'll most likely bring in Boyd for him.
    So a positive out of a loss.

I can't see any reason for holding Mundy....however Selwood is another story...</blockquote>
    Yep - Mundy needs to go this week.

Boyd GUN! Get on the train!

14. Lion24

Lion24 New Member

Didn't want to trade this week but between Roughead's injury, Selwood's suspension & Collingwood having their bye I need to trade. Thinking Pavlich & Murphy in this week.

15. Fairybread

Fairybread New Member

I have both Mundy and Selwood. What is it with me and losing 2 premiums in the same week and stuffing up all my plans (I also had both Sandilands and Mumford).

I will certainly get rid of Mundy but will have to think of what to do with Selwood.

16. Zander

Zander Moderator

My mids and def are coming together nicely, but I'm sick of watching Jurrah spud it up lately. I have nearly 300k in the bank and can upgrade him to anyone. My forward line currently.

Buddy Franklin, Stevie Johnson, Nick Roo, Jack Roo, Cyril Rioli, Darling, Jurrah. ( Mzungu, J.Tippet, Cam Richo)

Also have Fyfe in mids already and will swing Petrie back into fwd line when /if Sandilands returns...

Only looking at league win, so is Pavlich the only obvious upgrade?
    And /Or should I hold Jurrah and upgrade Darling?

17. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

what do you guys think of jermey howe's js? is he a viable downgrade option or am i just trying to find a trade this week??

18. higgins69

higgins69 New Member

i have &#36;346k in the bank thinking of going heppell to enright who i believe is at rock bottom price and could have a huge finish to the year and his bye second week of the finals should not be a issue as i plan on winning the first week does everyone agree with enright or am i missing a good option i have
    goddard fisher lids murphy gibbs shaw

19. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from Mattoc on June 14, 2011, 13:22
    what do you guys think of jermey howe's js? is he a viable downgrade option or am i just trying to find a trade this week??</blockquote>

One of Melbournes only positives this week. Should keep his spot for a while if he keeps performing like that