Round 13 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Corks, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Western_Demons

Western_Demons New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Zander on June 14, 2011, 12:55
    My mids and def are coming together nicely, but I'm sick of watching Jurrah spud it up lately. I have nearly 300k in the bank and can upgrade him to anyone. My forward line currently.

Buddy Franklin, Stevie Johnson, Nick Roo, Jack Roo, Cyril Rioli, Darling, Jurrah. ( Mzungu, J.Tippet, Cam Richo)

Also have Fyfe in mids already and will swing Petrie back into fwd line when /if Sandilands returns...

Only looking at league win, so is Pavlich the only obvious upgrade?
    And /Or should I hold Jurrah and upgrade Darling?
    </blockquote>

What if you down graded jurrah/ darling to smith/ Howe. Then swing fyfe into forwards via mpp link and upgrade a mid into a super prem boyd/ ablett/ pendles. This will get you roughly an additional 40 points per game rather than just taking jurrahs 80 to 100 via pav upgrade.

2. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from higgins69 on June 14, 2011, 13:46
    i have &#36;346k in the bank thinking of going heppell to enright who i believe is at rock bottom price and could have a huge finish to the year and his bye second week of the finals should not be a issue as i plan on winning the first week does everyone agree with enright or am i missing a good option i have
    goddard fisher lids murphy gibbs shaw </blockquote>

Enright is cheap but not setting the world on fire.

Heppell doesnt play well interstate, expect a big score from him this week at Eithad

3. Corks

Corks Member

I want to make my last upgrade to mids in next week or so, but seeking a little feedback on a couple of players. Currently have Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Judd, Selwood (to Ablett this week pending appeal). Wright / Mzungu / ISmith / Hibberd filling M6, along with a couple of useful forward MPPs in Pav, Goodes and Chappy. Looking to trade out Wright which gets me anyone bar Ablett.

Thinking Priddis or S Thompson for a bit of a POD with in-form player. Priddis has slightly easier run in league finals for SC - Melb, Ess(H), Bris and Adel(H). Also like Priddis with WCE pushing hard for finals and unlikely to rest players, and in-form Cox feeding the midfield.

Plenty to like about Scotty Thompson too, definitely in career-best form, but Adelaide seems to be sliding badly now which has to affect him.

What does everyone think about these 2 prospects for the remainder of 2011?

4. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

for those of us that dont have him, any luv for swan when he returns?

5. thenos09

thenos09 New Member

obleex im hurting too. mundy has killed me

6. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from dazza71 on June 14, 2011, 14:14
    for those of us that dont have him, any luv for swan when he returns? </blockquote>

No doubt. Watch his first game back then jump on if your happy!

7. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

thats the plan, gunna hurt though as it will be a trade for mundy, and with selwood and sandi pine warming........ how do u carry them all lol
    cheers

8. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

For those of us with Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Montags warming the midfield pine this week - what are the suggestions?

I'm assuming Selwood will get three, and while I don't plan on his R22 bye being a problem, I'm still leaning towards dropping him for Mitchell and cash, or Ablett, or Boyd. My other two mids are Bartel and Embley, so leaning towards the GAJ / Boyd option for a more elite player than just another premium.

Or should I just hold off, take the hit this week, cover Selwood next week, and keep going? I have a bench of Wright, Mzungu MPP (mainly with Zaharakis, but also have Pav, Goodes, etc) and Jacobs MPP (mainly with Buckley, but also have Goddard, Gibbs, etc).

Any help will be great, as I really don't want to risk loosing games or the possibility of a higher ranking!

9. Golingo

Golingo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on June 14, 2011, 14:01What does everyone think about these 2 prospects for the remainder of 2011?</blockquote>
    I'm not going to pretend to have any sort of great insight into how the second half of their respective years will play out, but I do agree with your sentiments on WCE pushing hard for finals.

This is a planned trade for 1-2 weeks correct? One thing to keep in mind is that the WCE bye is coming up in round 15 (and Adelaide in the multi-bye round 16). Perhaps you can use that to your adventure - it gives you an extra 2 weeks to keep an eye on Priddis (and 3 for Thompson) before settling on the trade.

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

JPK I'm in the same boat as you.

My mids is:

Swan, Pendles, Montags, Boyd, Hodge, Selwood.

Pretty strong on paper, but is not looking good this week.

I am leaning towards Selwood to GAJ tbh, one reason being I am so fecking sick of these byes it will be nice not to have to worry about them with him. Only other option is Marc Murphy. No to Mitchel due to Hodge being there and I don't like Thommo.

Marc Murphy of GAJ people?

11. squirrelgrips

squirrelgrips New Member

Who too keep. Didak or krakouer? All thoughts appreciated.

12. Fez

Fez Moderator

Keep Didak, got a forced trade in midfield with Pendles Mundy Selwood out likely hold onto Selwood trade Mundy to Ablett

13. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Batchelor nearing completion of his role to earn some money for me?

I have Batchelor down back, and Krak up forward who could both be moved along. But I can only move one on this week, as I have Mundy to deal with in the middle (Likely to empty my bank balance in a trade to Ablett)

Strauss (DEF) and Howe (FWD) looking like good candidates to downgrade one of the above to.

Any thoughts? Downgrade to grab one of these guys on the bubble, or hold out a bit longer?

Team this week will look something like this before trades:

Deledio, Gibbs, Goddard, Broughton, Stanley, Puopolo, Otten (Shaw, Batchelor, Hibberd)

Murphy, A Swallow, Priddis, Heppell, Mzungu, Jacobs (Mundy, Swan, Pendles)

Cox, Smith (Sandilands, Keeffe)

Franklin, Pav, Nick Roo, ROK, Syliva, Yarran, Krakouer (Lynch, Smith, Richardson)

I would normally have Heppell play back, and Hibberd on the fwd bench.

14. weazel

weazel Member

gets better again with adcock most likely to miss with finger surgery to go along with shaw swan tags selwood at least i don't have pendles and mundy which some will have along with those above

15. johnnytheboy1

johnnytheboy1 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from PwnSC on June 14, 2011, 09:18
    I too have the Big 4 problem - Pendles + Swan + Mundy + Selwood.

I reckon this week I'm for sure gonna trade out Mundy to ROK. That's a definate to complete my FWDS and provide MPP with Mzungu.

However, with Selwood...3 weeks out + 1 bye in finals. Not so sure. I'm aiming for league ownage.

If I was to trade Selwood, would it be for Mitchell (against the Suns this week) or Murphy? That's my current dilemma.

Or should I wait another week and trade in my Backline, which currently is being fielded by 3 rookies (lower, heppel, puopulo + jacobs, hibberd, c howard switching between midfield and back)</blockquote>

HI PwnSC

I think you also should look at getting Boyd as he has some great matchups in the coming weeks

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

Hibberd on fwd bench - Do you mean mid bench, or someone else?

17. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

im upgrading darling this week. okeefe or sylvia?

18. Corks

Corks Member

Selwood gone for 4. Trade out now, GAJ comes in :x

19. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

looks like i am trading selwood out for the second time this year...

20. bfish

bfish New Member

Is this crazy?
    Selwood > Bartel and Darling > Grundy
    next week
    Batchelor > Talia and Puopolo > Shaw
    Will leave me with
    Goddard Delideo Shaw Gibbs Enright Duffield Grundy (Lower Stanley Jacobs)
    Swan Pendles Bartel A. Swallow Murphy Dal Santo (Mzungu I.Smith Bewick)
    Cox Sandi (Smith McCauley)
    Franklin Pavlich N.Riewoldt J. Riewoldt Chapman Goodes Rioli (Didak Talia Richardson)
    with 6 trades left after the next 2 weeks. Concerned midfield will lack the punch to go with Boyd-Ablett-Judd combos.