Round 13 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Corks, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Manc1

Manc1 New Member

Fyfe, O'Keefe or Le Cras? I'm upgrading Darling. Cheers

2. turly23

turly23 New Member

Is anyone having second thoughts on Jroo?? He's really been shitting it up and although it's not my biggest worry I'm thinking I may have to make a movebefore the big price drop. Or I could just ride it out.

Out of contention for overall so going to focus on cash leagues, I have 130k and 9 trades, which of these options looks best

batchelor > strauss then knights > pavlich

selwood > boyd then knights > chapman

selwood > boyd then Jroo > pavlich

selwood > boyd then heppel > fisher

selwood > bartel/embley then knights > fisher

Z.smith > vardy/browne/bailey(covering doughnut) then knights > pavlich

3. mickscroll

mickscroll New Member

Interested on peoples thoughts on a darling upgrade

Looking at an MPP - the obvious candidates ROK/Fyfe/Sylvia but all have their second byes in multi bye rounds and will stretch my coverage.

Seriously considering Boomer Harvey, avg 103/$427K and has great durability and only have to cover Petrie come the Kangas bye.

Looking to finish as high in the rankings as possible

4. whips

whips New Member

@ turly
    I've got bigger problems also so willing to ride out JRoo.
    As a true full forward he's always going to be inconsistent but also keep in mind that his last 2 weeks were in heavy dew at Darwin and wet in Sydney.
    He'll probably hit 130 this week.

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

@Turly, if you must drop Jroo, option 3. Fisher has the bye next week, and Chappy is rubbish so far this year. Those 2 ins are big scorers.

6. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

i'm thinking of going t lynch (gc) -> j howe (melb) then knights to le cras to finish my side.

side will then be:
    Def:
    Goddard, Lids, Gibbs, H Shaw, Enright, Suckling, Heppell (r24 trade), lower, puopolo, jacobs

Mids:
    Pendles, boyd, g ablett, Thompson, Boak, Bartel, Hibberd, krak, Mzungu,

Rucks:
    Cox, mummy, z smith, mccauley

Forwards:
    Pav, Fyfe, Buddy, Boomer, N Roo, Cycil, Le Cras, Darling, Howe, Richardson (want to get rid of him but cant afford too!!)

what are your thoughts too serious world?
    League wins only (1st in 4 leagues 2nd in the other)

7. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Sainter on June 16, 2011, 08:20
    @maaaark
    You'll be copping a doughnut in your rucks if Keefe doesn't get uo and play, and I'm doubting he will, but he could be close.

FYI Keeffe plays for Collingwood so he wont be close at all

8. turly23

turly23 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Shenanigans on June 16, 2011, 15:42
    @Turly, if you must drop Jroo, option 3. Fisher has the bye next week, and Chappy is rubbish so far this year. Those 2 ins are big scorers.</blockquote>

Nahh I don't have to get rid of jroo mate, more of a luxury trade that would probably be a silly idea atm.

Does that change your opinion shenanigans??

9. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

swallow > priddis

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

Turly, it depends on how many trades you have left and how many you still have to get in. It is a good trade.

11. turly23

turly23 New Member

ive got 9 trades left shenanigans and 130k, team looks like this

B: Goddard, deledio, gibbs, shaw, suckling, heppel, broughton (stanley, puopolo, batchelor)

M: Pendles, swan, mitchell, thompson, selwood, cotchin (iles, jacobs, smith)

R: Cox, smith (dericx, sandi)

F: Franklin, fyfe, sylvia, goodes, nroo, jroo, darling (howe, mzungu, knights)

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

that is a solid team. i can see three or four upgrades left (not counting JRoo if you do it), max. its a tough call, but yours to make.

13. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

DARLING - ?

I'm in 2nd (or equal 1st as i prefer to think of it) on the cash-league ladder with only one 'L' against my name. I am out of contention for the overall money but I’m a lock for the 50k next season! !

As mentioned this week Darling goes to complete my FWDS.

Currently BUDDY, JROO, GOODES, NROO, ROK, RIOLI, DARLING (Smith, Mzungu, Lynch - with Prestia on mids bench as MPP link for Mzungu’ and the annoyingly non playing Smith).

Have enough spare chopped sandi cash in the bank from last week to get anyone but the question is who?
    PAV BOOMA, FYFE, SYLVIA are the options.

PAV is the preferred choice but would cost me most of my bank and means I have to run with Heppell in D7 as my only ‘non premium’ on the park (assuming I count JROO as a premium) – the other options keep coming back up into contention as they are as much as 60-70k cheaper (i.e. Booma at low 4's) and could give me the spare cash to straight upgrade Heppell to Shaw next week to complete the backline (I’m not willing to do a down/up for Heppell upgrade as can’t afford to burn two trades - will only have 8 left after darling goes). I reckon Pav gets the nod at this stage and between heppell/hibbert/poopa i can hopefully keep a 75-80 ave out of D7 until closer to finals.
    any other options i've missed? is PAV back to his best after last weeks good performance?

14. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Anyone know Adcock's return timeline? Trade or keep?

15. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

@TheOnion

2-4 weeks

trade him, i Downgraded him to Strauss to free up cash to upgrade Mundy to GAJ

16. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

@TheOnion

2-4 weeks

trade him, i Downgraded him to Strauss to free up cash to upgrade Mundy to GAJ

17. way2serious

way2serious New Member

swallow injury? or should it say general soreness.. will he be back next week?

18. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

Ok upcoming match for me is crucial. Must win for me for me to have a chance to stay in the Top 4 of my work league.

I've been slaughtered by the OUTS. Here's my team:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Lower, Stanley, Puopolo, Hibberd (Adcock, Jacobs, Howard)

MID: Boyd, Mundy, Ablett, Heppell, Iles, Mzungu (Swan, Pendles, Selwood)

RUCKS: Cox, Z. Smith (Sandi, Keefe)

FWD: Pavlich, Franklin, Goodes, N.Roo, C. Rioli, Chappy, Darling (Krak, Matera, Richardson)

Opponent's team:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Lower, Mckernan, Otten, (Buckley, H. Shaw, Pederson)

MID: Priddis, Boyd, Ablett, Goodes, L. ANthony, Libba, (Harris, Hibberd, Swan)

RUCKS : Coz, Luenberger, (Z. Smith, Mccauley)

FWD: Fyfe, Franklin, N. Roo, J. Roo, Darling, C. Rioli, Higgins (Matera, Mzungu, Richardson)

*Note: I'm guessing what his team structure will look like come lockout.

This guy has escaped most of the carnage. I am worse. And obviously my defence is looking really shabby. But nevertheless, my midfield needs to be fixed ASAP.

However, with Z. Smith out I'll cop a donut.

So I'm contemplating two options:

1. Do I trade out Sandi for the best Ruck out there (Goldstein or Mumford) and then trade Selwood out for Mitchell (since he is against GCS)

2. Don't mess about in my rucks and cop the zero and trade hard in my midfield - Selwood to Mitchell and Mundy to Murphy

I'm just focused on this match as my run of games in the league towards finals are looking OK.

Comment/suggest away.

19. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

Gday all,
    I have Sandi, Swan, Pendles, Z Smith, S Buckley and Krak but im actually thinking this week of a double downgrade of Darling and Stanley into Strauss and I. Smith. Cant quite get Ablett this week which is a pain but i think ill wait for a price drop (hopefully in a few weeks) as i defintely need him for finals.

Result is 8 trades remaining and heaps of cash allowing Ablett/Shaw in for Krak/Heppell to complete my team in a couple of weeks.

Currently sitting top in three leagues (3000 overall) so pretty assured of making finals. Therefore ill leave my ruck division for a week, cop the doughnut and ride it out for the grand plan. Probably lose a bit of touch with the top teams overall but realistcially not going to challenge now.

Option 2 involved Petrie in to rejuggle rucks but didnt involve Ablett in my final side who i think is important. I already have Boyd, Priddis, Swan Pendles and Hodge.

Many others copping a blob in the rucks this week for the greater plan???

20. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@PwnSC - I'd be leaving the rucks, and just cop it sweet this week - definitely go hard in the mids!

Selwood and Mundy out for the best two you can get - look at players like Bartel along with Mitchell and Murphey

Good luck