Round 16 ORFFA (Round 19 AFL) Teams and Scores

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by chris88, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Len wrote:
    Misfits Squad for R16

Def: Rory Laird, Jack Hombsch, Elliot Yeo, Josh Bruce
    Mid: Callan Ward, Mav Weller, Lachie Weller, Lachie Whitfield (Knight)
    Ruc: Andrew Phillips (Rich)
    Fwd: Marco Paparone, Josh Kelly, Paddy Ryder, Caleb Daniel (Nahas)
    Int: Andrew Boston, Caleb Daniel (WHE)

Changes; Whifield & L Weller to Mid, Rich to RE, Phillips to Ruck, Ryder to Fwd, Knight to ME, Daniel to IC
    Out: Tomlinson, Day
    In: Nahas, Boston Awesome editing skills.. Clearly Daniel whilst amazing can only be named once, per the team in tsleagues he is ic and smith is the other fwd :)

2. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

JC wrote:
    ChiefRussell wrote:
    Haha, so my quip in last week's post about being able to curse players who play OOP in the ruck for me has been eerily in full force this week. Started with Yarran there once team entry was open, hoping for someone who had a small likelihood of copping a vest like the two previous incumbents. And he gets dropped. So I swing vandenBerg over there, similar reasoning, and he pulls out today as a late withdrawl (I suppose I should be thankful that he pulled out today and not on Sunday). So third time lucky, Matty Stokes. You were the vest last time you played in the ruck, may you not get it again (although I think you will). I think you'll be fine, CR. My lot only limped past 1100 last week on the way to getting beaten by a 13 man outfit. Post-bye scores have been lacklustre across the board, tbh, as a couple of injuries have really shown up the Battlers lack of depth. Most of my losses this year have been close affairs but I'm not expecting this one will be. If I was going to have a wager it would the Chooks by PLENTY. Well, the motivational ploy is working well for your players so far....BB currently 906/9 compared to the Chooks 775/8. Granted there is still a bit of football to be played, but your boys are looking the goods so far with only one score below 80 (and that was a solid 79 for Jesse Lonergan).

3. graeme

graeme Guest

Philosoraptor wrote:
    Sandi with the challenge of taking on Cow's 3 headed monster this week... Packers: D: Dempster, C Pearce, Fasolo, Marley Williams (Lake) M: Sloane, Mundy, Scully, Carazzo (Hutchings) R: Sandilands (Griffin) F: D Pearce, Matera, T Lynch (GCS), L Henderson (S Reid) I: Miles, Jeffy Garlett The three headed monster scared itself Prap - Dawson Simpson did not even get onto the subs bench and Callum Sinc's knee flared up. I had just seen Lake was out and though 'wow, bad break for Prap - the cows might just snatch another unlikely win' when Sinclair's out came up. Then the Gov reinjured his hammy. C'est la vie. Your mob are going gang busters - 836 / 8 by my rough count against my 765 / 8. However, you are playing with at least 14 against my at most 12. Your strong run to the finals continues apace.

4. J_C

J_C Guest

ChiefRussell wrote:
    JC wrote:
    ChiefRussell wrote: Well, the motivational ploy is working well for your players so far....BB currently 906/9 compared to the Chooks 775/8 Granted there is still a bit of football to be played, but your boys are looking the goods so far with only one score below 80 (and that was a solid 79 for Jesse Lonergan). Yep, so far so good, but we'll see. You've got a bit more firepower to come today than I do. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds.

5. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Greetings from a slightly damp Pacific Island (at least today, anyway) from the coaches of the Blimps and Lilacs.

And clearly, given the terrible performances from many of our players - a few notable exceptions in Caddy, Duncan, Rampe, Lyons, Betts, Langdon and Greenwood - most of our players have been indulging in numerous drinks with umbrellas.

Special mention to the Richmond players who were too busy playing beach volleyball to worry about the game. Aptly, a number of Brisbane and Gold Coast players did the same.

Hope everyone is well.

6. graeme

graeme Guest

The Cows (1070) were defeated by The Packers (1239)
    The weight of numbers finally worked against the home side who could only field 12 including bandaged and vested players. The visitors were a little better off with 14 players. Notwithstanding, the Packers fully deserved their win and will test any opposition in the next four weeks. Both teams can potentially look forward to a return fixture in a couple of weeks time. Les W Medal Points 5. S Jacobs (WAI) 156 4. Tom Lynch (PPP) 146 3. A. Sandilands (PPP) 140 2. R Sloane (PPP) 128 1. A Fasolo (PPP) 125 E&OE

7. Len

Cockatoos slaughtered the Misfits, Misfits players totally misunderstood the theme of the round and assumed the goal was to honour his memory by playing the spud role in FF as was his want.. 1302 to 935 Points ]Mitch WALLIS[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='background-color: #ffffff;]]137 ]]Cameron GUTHRIE[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='background-color: #ffffff;]]113
    ]]Taylor Walker[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='background-color: #ffffff;]]111
    ]]Andrew Mackie[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='background-color: #ffffff;]]109
    ]]Allan CHRISTENSEN[span class='Apple-tab-span' style='background-color: #ffffff;]]107 ]All Gariwerd

8. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

anthak wrote:
    CR, you are probably wishing you had Mark Seaby this week, yeah? May have been able to relieve your ruck problem. Haha, just saw this. Yeah, he might've helped the ruck problem...then again he could have made it a lot worse.

9. J_C

J_C Guest

Chooks 1489 def Battlers 1402 A high quality contest in the middle of nowhere saw the visiting Chooks ease past the Battlers 1489 to 1402. I must say I consider myself a little unlucky to score 1402 and lose, but thems the breaks! A combined 19 players scored 94 or higher, 14 of which knocked up a ton. The Battlers had only 1 player score less than 70 in a very even effort. Remarkably, the Chooks had 4 of the 5 lowest scores for the game but also had 3 players go 145+. Congrats onthe win CR and thanks for a good contest. :)? Les W. Votes
    5. P Dangerfield (Chooks) 152
    4. B Cunnington (Chooks) 151
    3. J Selwood (Chooks) 145
    2. M Murphy (Battlers) 130
    1. H Shaw (Chooks) 122

10. grav

grav Guest

Nuffers 1167 def by Lefties 1383 The Lefties continue their Golden run with a victory over an unlucky Nuffers mob. With Nic Nat a late out and all four mids under-performing, the home side were under the pump. Still some good signs for the Nuffers with Wood and Dickson (the Tory variety)having breakout years plusChuck Dixon and Dawes finding some form. Although he didn't score massively, the return of Conca gave the home side something to celebrate. Votes Goldy (LLL) 155 Joey (LLL) 143 T Dickson (NUN) 127 BJ (LLL) 119 Mitchell (LLL) 116

11. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Hoppers squashed by a club from a Spelunker Gundagai 1096 vs Charlie's Opening 1230 5. Lachie Neale (GG) 123 4. Mark Blicavs (COS) 122 3. Stephen Hill (COS) 117 2. The Bont (COS) 116 1. Rock Lobster (GG) 115 my 3 headed dragon scored 313 points... I'll take that any week

12. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Review will be ready tonight or tomorrow morning...

13. Len

Bandit wrote:
    Review will be ready tonight or tomorrow morning... much appreciated :)

14. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Bandit wrote:
    Hoppers squashed by a club from a Spelunker Gundagai 1096 vs Charlie's Opening 1230 5. Lachie Neale (GG) 123 4. Mark Blicavs (COS) 122 3. Stephen Hill (COS) 117 2. The Bont (COS) 116 1. Rock Lobster (GG) 115 my 3 headed dragon scored 313 points... I'll take that any week With almost 2.7 in SC, Hoppers probably not feeling a lot of pain.

15. snoz

snoz Moderator

........True TiB. Have SUCKED royally all year, worst SC year ever. Happy to finally have a one monster score :)

16. graeme

graeme Guest

A lot of us have sucked royally sNoZ - honourable exceptions to Lenny and Fitzy I understand. BTW, if you think you are poor at SC, your SC Draft form leaves a little to be desired!

17. G-Train

G-Train Member

graeme wrote:
    The weight of numbers finally worked against the home side who could only field 12 including bandaged and vested players. The visitors were a little better off with 14 players. Notwithstanding, the Packers fully deserved their win and will test any opposition in the next four weeks. Both teams can potentially look forward to a return fixture in a couple of weeks time. Les W Medal Points 5. S Jacobs (WAI) 156 4. Tom Lynch (PPP) 146 3. A. Sandilands (PPP) 140 2. R Sloane (PPP) 128 1. A Fasolo (PPP) 125 E&OE Thanks chels. After Pearce didn't make cut and then Lake withdrew, and Scully and Garlett scored about 30, I thought you were going to do it again. Proud of the rest of the blokes putting together a solid score. However heading into the finals I can't afford 30's like that. Scully should be right this week despite the shoulder injury, and he has basically averaged 90 for me this season which has been great (2 poor scores in a row has dropped average). I couldn't give the bloke away in the offseason, and he has become a good performer.

18. Len

Philosoraptor wrote:
    graeme wrote:
    The weight of numbers finally worked against the home side who could only field 12 including bandaged and vested players. The visitors were a little better off with 14 players. Notwithstanding, the Packers fully deserved their win and will test any opposition in the next four weeks. Both teams can potentially look forward to a return fixture in a couple of weeks time. Les W Medal Points 5. S Jacobs (WAI) 156 4. Tom Lynch (PPP) 146 3. A. Sandilands (PPP) 140 2. R Sloane (PPP) 128 1. A Fasolo (PPP) 125 E&OE Thanks chels. After Pearce didn't make cut and then Lake withdrew, and Scully and Garlett scored about 30, I thought you were going to do it again. Proud of the rest of the blokes putting together a solid score. However heading into the finals I can't afford 30's like that. Scully should be right this week despite the shoulder injury, and he has basically averaged 90 for me this season which has been great (2 poor scores in a row has dropped average). I couldn't give the bloke away in the offseason, and he has become a good performer. Unfortunately he may be gone for the year now mate, he really has put a good year together up to this point though

19. G-Train

G-Train Member

Len wrote:
    Philosoraptor wrote:
    graeme wrote:
    The weight of numbers finally worked against the home side who could only field 12 including bandaged and vested players. The visitors were a little better off with 14 players. Notwithstanding, the Packers fully deserved their win and will test any opposition in the next four weeks. Both teams can potentially look forward to a return fixture in a couple of weeks time. Les W Medal Points 5. S Jacobs (WAI) 156 4. Tom Lynch (PPP) 146 3. A. Sandilands (PPP) 140 2. R Sloane (PPP) 128 1. A Fasolo (PPP) 125 E&OE Thanks chels. After Pearce didn't make cut and then Lake withdrew, and Scully and Garlett scored about 30, I thought you were going to do it again. Proud of the rest of the blokes putting together a solid score. However heading into the finals I can't afford 30's like that. Scully should be right this week despite the shoulder injury, and he has basically averaged 90 for me this season which has been great (2 poor scores in a row has dropped average). I couldn't give the bloke away in the offseason, and he has become a good performer. Unfortunately he may be gone for the year now mate, he really has put a good year together up to this point though Yes unfortunately the news has filtered through to Powlett, now hoping Hutchings can repeat his 100 point effort :)

20. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Philosoraptor wrote:
    Len wrote:
    Philosoraptor wrote:
    graeme wrote:
    The weight of numbers finally worked against the home side who could only field 12 including bandaged and vested players. The visitors were a little better off with 14 players. Notwithstanding, the Packers fully deserved their win and will test any opposition in the next four weeks. Both teams can potentially look forward to a return fixture in a couple of weeks time. Les W Medal Points 5. S Jacobs (WAI) 156 4. Tom Lynch (PPP) 146 3. A. Sandilands (PPP) 140 2. R Sloane (PPP) 128 1. A Fasolo (PPP) 125 E&OE Thanks chels. After Pearce didn't make cut and then Lake withdrew, and Scully and Garlett scored about 30, I thought you were going to do it again. Proud of the rest of the blokes putting together a solid score. However heading into the finals I can't afford 30's like that. Scully should be right this week despite the shoulder injury, and he has basically averaged 90 for me this season which has been great (2 poor scores in a row has dropped average). I couldn't give the bloke away in the offseason, and he has become a good performer. Unfortunately he may be gone for the year now mate, he really has put a good year together up to this point though Yes unfortunately the news has filtered through to Powlett, now hoping Hutchings can repeat his 100 point effort :) I was hoping Hutchings would come back to Gariwerd