Round 18 trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by damnfunky, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Pattay

Pattay New Member

shaw to newman for me :) .... n maybe heppel to adcock?
    wat do ppl recon
    thumbs up trade heppel to adcock
    thumbs down dont!

2. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Otten, Stanley, Heppell, Puopolo (2 play 2 bench)

Need to downgrade 1 to Talia
    and look to upgrade 1 to Fisher the week after. Remaining cash is to fund my last 2 byes.

I'm leaning towards downgrading Otten, and wait till next week to decide who gets upgraded.

3. Western_Demons

Western_Demons New Member

Waiting till sundays teams this week after the shaw fiasco! Double upgrade for me this week.

4. MF35

MF35 New Member

Hi All,

First post. Love the site. Playing for league only. Have 7 trades & 260k in bank. 4th on % & need to win last 2 games to stay there. Thinking max 2 downgrades to get 700k - 800k for upgrades / injury trades with other 5 trades.

Downgrade targets at present: COAD (defender when named) & R THOMPSON (Ruck playing in def & would have to be this week).

Q - Is COAD likely to take THOMPSON's place when / if COAD is selected? Not a good result if I bring in RT this week but Ruck downgrade suits.

Q - Any other downgrade targets (any position) I should be looking at? Others not playing yet but expected to play?

Q - I have Sandilands on bench. Will he come back fit or break down again? Trade or hold?

Thanks.

5. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

jobe > montags
    maybe stevie j > fyfe?
    Will leave only 3 trades :(

Thoughts?

6. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@MF35 - my advice would be to stay away from Coad (I'm sure there will be plenty more people to back me up on this).
    Maybe look at Talia (most people are), as he's on the bubble now and likely to stay in the Cows side. Jump on the stats page and hit the "fresh meat" option, this will bring up everyone who's played less than 3 games. Then search by BE or predicted change, or whatever else takes your fancy, and use it to help you make the best decision for your team.
    I don't trust Sandi this year - dropped him a few weeks back for that very reason. In my opinion you're better off getting in a 500k player who is scoring you points, doesn't matter if its rucks or not. Lots of people will say that you've hung on this long so ride it out, but I honestly think he's going to come back very round and spud-like! He'll also probably spend less time being the effective Sandi we all like for the points, and more just a big useless Lurch!

Good Luck, and hope that helps!

7. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@TH - Jobe -> Tags sounds on the money
    SJ -> Fyfe sounds a fraction too sideways for mine. After all the advice, I've decided to bring in Fyfe this week, so I'm going to say that I think its a great idea to bring him in, but surely you can find someone better (or maybe that should be worse) than StevieJ...

8. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Thanks JPK, i ended up just doing the first one. I miscalculated the second and will be happy to keep 4 trades. Might even consider someone like Cyrol in a few weeks time :)

9. MF35

MF35 New Member

Thanks JPK. Noticed COAD was injured again after your comments. Might have to be down to R THOMPSON & up to Dale THOMAS.

10. Sainter

Sainter New Member

FinalSUBS:
    STK: Jarryn Geary
    ADE: Brodie Smith

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

pattay there is no thumbing in the forums :D

Anyway, triggered I.Smith to Pendles. Lets see ow it works out.