Round 21 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Quantum, Aug 8, 2011.

1. patg654

patg654 New Member

@ HotPies - Seems like you're in a similar position to me, actually!

I'll probably do the Mumford trade, especially cause of Z.Smith being out this weekend.

I totally agree with you trading in O'Keefe to cover the Judd bye - I did something similar a few weeks ago, trading in Fyfe at M7 to cover for Boyd in R20, Petrie this weekend and Chapman next weekend. It gives you a lot more options and you can improve your team a lot more when compared to trading in a nufti at D7 who might give you 120 one week and 40 the next.

Any thoughts on what you're going to do with Gibbs?

@Port - the obvious missing link is Fisher in your defence. With Enright you could realistically have a 7-premium defence, something which most of us lack and this could be a real POD. Is it worth a downgrade of one of your not-playing rookies [or even A.Johnson] and upgrading Lower --> Fisher to give you a few extra points per game more than trading Mzungu --> Sylvia.

I guess if you only have two trades left then Montagna is your biggest problem, but sidewaysing him isn't going to do an awful lot for your scores particularly because you have Judd to cover in R23.

How about Enright --> Johncock and Montagna --> Priddis??

Otherwise an upgrade to a premium M/F [Fyfe, ROK, Goodes] by downgrading a Lower might give you the best cover. Still allows you to bench J.Roo or Montagna each week unless someone has the bye.

2. DC

DC Member

Seen Montagna->Priddis as a trade mentioned in here... Surely you wouldnt sideways Montagna on the back of his sub 80 score... Seem to forget his 120+ and 150+ the two weeks before that?

3. nvsliz

nvsliz New Member

Firstly finished top 4 in all 5 leagues, 3 trades left and 250,000 in the kitty.
    Z.Smith is getting the chop, making way for the Mummy, who is playing the non existant Tigers ruck division this week.

4. DC

DC Member

<blockquote>Quote from nvsliz on August 9, 2011, 12:51
    Firstly finished top 4 in all 5 leagues, 3 trades left and 250,000 in the kitty.
    Z.Smith is getting the chop, making way for the Mummy, who is playing the non existant Tigers ruck division this week. </blockquote>

Haha true re non existant.. Hopefully he knocks out a 150 for us!

5. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

@patg

Yep, I think I'm definitely doing Sandilands to Mumford. Especially when my opponent has Cox/Hale/Smith.

I may be able to do a number on him with Mumford.

I'm still tempted in going Chapman over O'Keefe. I know Chapman has the bye, but I still keep thinking about it, and the best case scenario where I get the week off, as I am top 4 in all of my leagues, haha.

About Gibbs.

Well after this week and using 2 trades, I will have 2 trades left. What I'm thinking is to just bench Gibbs that week rather than trade him out, and upgrade one of my rookie defenders (which could be Hibberd) to an Enright/Bock/Birchall/Suckling. Really depends who the right fit is at that time.

But hoping that week, I still have 6 premium defenders with that upgrade I make, with Gibbs on the bench, and D7 probably being someone like Puopolo.
    Or I could downgrade Gibbs for a cheaper premium that week and upgrade Hibberd for the best defender money can buy at that time.

6. DC

DC Member

Chappy over ROK is an average call at best. Have you seen ROKS run home HPCD?

7. Tino

Tino Member

Any love for Rioli over Chapman/ROK/Fyfe?

The Hawkers stil have Port, Carlton, Dogs and Suns to play... Could be racking up some easy points in 3 of the 4 matches?

8. DC

DC Member

Tino..

ROK, Fyfe, Rioli .... Chappy (BYE)

9. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

<blockquote>Quote from DC on August 9, 2011, 15:17
    Chappy over ROK is an average call at best. Have you seen ROKS run home HPCD?</blockquote>

No, I haven't looked at the run home yet. At this stage, all I know is that Cats have a bye and Sydney have Richmond this week.
    But at this point, I still keep thinking about Chapman as an option despite the bye. I will probably go O'Keefe, but I'm not sure why, I just don't have complete trust in O'Keefe, it has carried over from last year.
    Well I do know Cats have Pies in round 24, who knows who plays or doesn't in that game, one week before finals and both top 2. But just a thought I have had, haha.

I'm going very well this season though, so I haven't made too many bad decisions, haha. I am just open to options early on in the week and play around with ideas in my head until I start thinking more logically as the end of the week approaches.

10. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Quick question, with smith maybe out and goldy out who should come in for vardy to partner cox? Also troy chaplin out for enright or birchall?

11. StKilda2013

StKilda2013 Guest

Hey Guys a quick question, McEvoy or Mumford for R2?

12. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

I rate macca of the two, but think mummy has a "better" run home and is cheaper.. If it's ur last trade get on macca, if not maybe mummy and keep the spare change for other patch up trades

13. StKilda2013

StKilda2013 Guest

Cheers, isn't my last trade. I'm leaning towards McEvoy, either way I'll have money left for patch up trades.

14. The_General

The_General Member

Shadowboxer,

Mumford for me, cheaper, better run = better buy IMO.

15. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Chaplin swap for enright or birchall

16. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Is it worth bringing in NDS, or is he just too damn expensive for what he'll produce, and I'd be better served with a Priddis?

17. hippy

hippy New Member

Shadowbox, i have the same dilemma.

Mumford has an easier run home, a slighhtly better ticker and is 20k cheaper, so if I was going for overall, i'd pick him.

But i might have to go macca because he's a point of difference in my league finals.

Either way you should get a decent result. They're both playing/scoring well..

18. Sainter

Sainter New Member

JPK
    I'd say NDS is worth his price (haven't seen his B/E though) but he's probably due for an average game soon, but with the form he's in probably th best available.
    His average is higher than most Midielders except for Pendlebury I think.
    Look at his B/E, if it's below his average I'd probably take him.

19. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Cheers Sainter. For reference his BE is 94, avg is 124 and 3rnd avg is 160. From all of that he looks great, I'm just concerned that hes overpriced (when you consider Priddis is &#36;489k to NDS's &#36;618k with a BE of 68, avg of 115 and 3rnd avg of 120).

The saints midfield ticker is also full of blue - not a good sign (its been all yellow and red for the previous few weeks, which has probably helped NDS).

I guess I'm just looking for someone to help me justify spending another &#36;600k on a midfielder :S

20. patg654

patg654 New Member

@ HPCD: I see your plan and I like it. I'd do exactly the same thing re: Gibbs and trading in Mummy except I have only the 2 trades left! [bloody Heath Shaw]

As I only have &#36;28k in the bank, I need to work out whether it's worth going Petrie --> Mumford with 1 trade, or Smith --> Mumford with 2.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the Petrie trade, simply to conserve the last one in case of emergency!

Naturally though, it will all go to s*** when the teams come out...!

I'd still go O'Keefe over Chapman. O'Keefe has the far superior run home, and if you're going for a higher overall at all O'Keefe is a smarter decision due to the lack of bye.