Round 21 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Quantum, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Oh
    LOL! Shows how much attention I pay to the Gold Coast Suns! :D

2. beaufisher

beaufisher New Member

who should i get out of broughton or n bock im stumped. and why is no one keen to catain judd? thanks

3. Corks

Corks Member

Broughton. Judd not the worst choice for C, but the travel needs to be considered (as well as bub and no sleep).

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Broughton. Judd normally doesn't back up well from huge games.

5. beaufisher

beaufisher New Member

is broughton under a injuy cloud from his 58 last week. ablett is injuredish saints play collingwood and other way round so the captain choice is hard!

6. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Goddard and Fisher's record against Collingwood have been fantastic.

Broughton was moved back to defence last week (has been playing midfield when he was getting his big scores) I assume he'll move back to the midfield this week so no injury cloud there.

7. Corks

Corks Member

Had a corky, so some cloud, but still prefer him to Bock. If he's right, can rack up the 140s.

8. 11kgm

11kgm New Member

Gysberts is gone for the year dan jackson in to replace him?

9. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Two Defenders to upgrade from: Newman, Puopolo, Otten, Stanley, Strauss

One must be Strauss. For the second...

If Newman is a sniff of a chance at playing in rounds 23/24 then he is tempting to hang onto. On the other hand, if I instead trade Newman out it would free up enough cash to turn my third and final trade from a F8 upgrade to an F10 upgrade.

Two questions really.
    1) Worth holding Newman in hope?
    2) If so; Pupolo, Otten or Stanley to go?

10. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

@golingo
    not worth holding newman, but depends on whether you have a double chance...if you do you could hold for a week but i traded him out for the points...not worth having 400k+ sitting on the pine for another 3 games

11. whips

whips New Member

Golingo, If Newman comes back for 1-2 games, how fit will he be?
    I wouldn't be expecting 100+ so trade him IMO.

12. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

finished 2nd in all 3 leagues.
    my question is whether to go mzungu -> o'keefe THIS week (can only just afford to do it) or leave for another week to wait and see. i have a full team of premiums with only petrie sitting out allowing mzungu to get a run.
    o'keefe will offer cover for chapman/s johnson next week but is a risk and i see all opponents have mzungu as well...not worth the risk??

mzungu also has a low B/E and o'keefe high so will hopefully still be able to afford next week unless o'keefe gets 200!!

thoughts? get him now while i can afford it???

13. whips

whips New Member

Interesting dilemma swerva.
    I was ready to trade Mzungu last week but now think he's a keeper.
    His greater midfield role might work for SC and I don't think I'm being rapt up in last week's points.
    For my team, there's now other issues which I'm going to fix and I'll keep Mzungu.
    Depends how your team looks overall. But given the BE's it might be worth waiting.

14. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

thanks whips,
    does seem silly to be trading a 113 for an 86 but those are last weeks scores!!
    i have a pretty strong team and my major worry is resting of the guns on the way home...i have pendles, swan, hodge, priddis, boyd and ablett so expect one or more of those to have a rest in the next three weeks. cover is only i smith (been pretty handy), buckley (out this week), heppell and mzungu.
    better to wait and see how that little 'resting' circus pans out i reckon with MINIMAL trades remaining...i have the double chance!

15. whips

whips New Member

Yep, due to the resting circus I'm keeping trades.
    Let's make a deal. You and me - no trades this week.
    We'll be the smart ones with trades in hand when Ablett and Hodge go down this week - heaven forbid!!
    Good luck!!

16. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

With Z Smith named are people still planning on trading him to Mumford? Or Petrie to Mumford?

I can't afford it and would need to double trade to do it. Not sure if it's worth it but I am in an elimination final.

17. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

Righto whips your on! chat next week about how good the decision was...

@Swert

did the Smith -> Mummy trade last week so i could afford to get o'keefe as above! my thoughts are you need two premium ruckmen to win. petrie is probably not a true premium ruckman BUT is in good nick and should not be traded if you have cover for this week and can flip him back into the fwds.

18. Golingo

Golingo New Member

@swerva
    I'm in a similar position - finished 2nd with 3 trades in the bank. I was originally planning 1 trade this week, and then the 2 trades either next week if I lost, otherwise in the preliminary final.

I'm playing the 2nd qualifying final, however the two teams playing the 2nd elimination final are both of very high calibre and were unlucky to finish where they did. Because of my.. shall we say fear in playing the winner out of these guys, I've decided to go all guns blazing and use 2 trades this week to try and ensure I don't have to play that semi final at all.

If the teams playing the 2nd elimination were duds, then I would have stuck with the 1 trade.

19. turbo

turbo New Member

Newman just said on the radio he wants to play next week

20. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Great, that'll make the decision to keep or move him bloody hard!
    edit:
    http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/120689/default.aspx

“We’re really optimistic about that and I know Chris is really keen to get back out and play,” Hornsby said. “He’s had three running sessions now and felt really good, doing a bit more each time.

“So, really, it’s just a matter of us building him up over the next week or so and see how he responds to that increased work load. Then, hopefully, we can see him play for a couple of games at the end of the year.”