Round 4 Teams and Banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Apr 12, 2018.

1. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

@anthak I had meant to see you a PM to talk about the basketball and mention that I was going to the Commonwealth Games in Townsville to watch some Opals games, but I never got around to it. It would have been great to catch up in Townsville. From watching the Opals gold medal game on Television it seemed to be a great atmosphere and the crowd seemed to be really involved, especially after Liz Cambage was ejected.

I have finally published an article on Erin Phillips, covering her basketball and AFLW career.I had planned to publish an article on Phillips at the end of the first two AFL seasons but postponed it in 2017 due to not having any photos of her and in 2018 to publish an article on Monique Conti as it was more timely. With Phillips turning 33 years old today and the WNBA also starting today with the side she is an assistant coach of - The Dallas Wings having played, today seemed a good time to publish the Phillips article.

https://milestonesandmisses.com/201...lti-faceted-sporting-career-of-erin-phillips/

• Like Like x 2
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Very comprehensive as usual mate. I haven’t read all of it yet but will finish it off. Very interesting read. She is a star!

Yeah the atmosphere at the women’s gold medal game was amazing. It was probably the best atmosphere I’ve experienced at a basketball game and I’ve been to lots of games.

At times the whole stadium was involved in “defence” chants!

On the flip side, the men’s gold medal game was close to the worst atmosphere I’ve ever experienced at a basketball game!

• Like Like x 2