Round 4 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 11, 2011.

1. So, what trades are everyone considering for this week? I'm looking at maybe
    Ward - Harris
    Higgins - Rioli
    I don't really wantr to trade out Higgins but Rioli's looking pretty good and I'd really like to catch him before the rise. Any suggestions or other trades on peoples minds?

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Are you just trading because of the Doggies bye? Ward is averaging 83 which is the same as Harris and Higgins is averaging 104 which is what you would have hoped for when selecting him at the start of the year.

Surely you have another option to bring in Rioli??

3. Mainly trading because of Rioli coming back in on fire and cheap, Ward is averaging the same as Harris but is currently $180,000 more expensive and shouldn't rise much more, and Higgins or I guess Harvey would have to come out for Rioli but I'm not too keen on either of these options. Either Higgins or Rioli will get a bye this week or next so the byes aren't really coming into my thinking that much, and Harvey had one this week so if I was going to move on him it should have been last week. lucky I have four days to figure it out...

4. DC

DC Member

Do yourself a favour by not trading out Higgins!

5. That's my dilemma DC, Harvey to Rioli would be a sideways trade so thats a bit dubious but Higgins is firing and seems to be finally over his problems so I'm very reluctant to give him the flick

6. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Waste of trades. Both of those players are playing their roles. Have some faith in your players and your ability as a coach.

Don't chase points.

7. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Bad trades! stick with ward and higgins.

rioli can come later after the round 6 bye

8. austin

austin New Member

@Blue: I think trading out Higgins would be a mistake. He could potentially be a keeper, and if not he still has more money to make. Rioli looks great now, but you never know, he could score a 70 this week like O'Keefe did.
    Ward > Harris is probably a bit 50/50, I guess you could use the 170k. It depends whether you're going for overall or league; I would probably do it if I was going overall, but possibly not for league.

As for my trades, I think I will sit tight and wait a few rounds for my rookies to rise before I go on a cow-culling frenzy.

9. DC

DC Member

Harvey scored 100+ round 2 didnt he?

No need to sideways him either

If he had two sub scores of 50 it would be a different story...

10. beaufisher

beaufisher New Member

Hey guys would love some help with what to do with joey montagna whos is underperforming everyweek

11. Thanks guys.
    @ Austin
    Fair enough, I'll probably end up leaving Higgins but may still get rid of Ward. I guess I just wanted to be talked out of trading Higgins! I am going for overall so I'm thinking now would be the perfect time to gain some ground on the leaders

12. @ Beaufisher
    I'd look at Chappy if I were you

13. DC

DC Member

My Team

Off
    Goddard
    Montagna
    Libba
    Higgins
    Riewoldt

On
    Smith(Ald)
    Curnow
    Swallow
    Darling
    Rioli

Decent Cover (On Current Averages) :)

14. Fez

Fez Moderator

Is anyone making any fwd trades, i have 3 out so will be using my whole bench but dont have entire faith in Matera, anyone trading to get those extra points

15. beaufisher

beaufisher New Member

yes but i do not have any money and joey will drop quicker than chappy

16. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

Not this week but nextbim thinking knights for j roo or didak with 100 k in the bank. What donppl reckon?

17. Maybe Swallow (Nth Melb) would be worth a look then? Any premium mids will either be scoring low or too expensive ATM I reckon

18. DC

DC Member

Fez keep Matera against Melb this week anything is possible

19. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Joey is annoying, but a sideways trade to another premium just has too many risks. Just ride it out, he should break out soon.

And yes keep Matera - all other coaches will be stretched too and he hasn't been too bad.

20. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

DC
    I have a funny feeling about GC at home this week against Melbourne.

Grimes I hope to score well, but I think that if there's going to be a week for Swallow/Harris to shine, this is the one.

Melbourne's mids are reasonably deep at full strength, but they are nowhere near that at the moment.

Even if their names are there, if they lose Moloney, that is added to Scully, and combined with no Bruce or McDonald it starts to look thin.

Cale Morton needs more of a run, these guys could be ripe for the plucking if GC is really on.