Round 4 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 11, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@Lucas

GAJ agrees with you and GC should at least be fired up for the effort.

2. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

At a ranking of 3100 or so overall, I can pretty much give up on the overall win and am now concentrating solely on League.

So with that in mind I won't be trading. Have bench cover (including playing emergencies) on each line so i will sit tight, wait for the rookies to increase and start looking at upgrades as teams come off their byes.

If I don't run into any major injury concerns I may end up getting to Rd 7 with 23 trades left! Will be a strange feeling if it eventuates.

3. DC

DC Member

Yep I can see both of them scoring 100 this week!

Are there any teams that are looking at a 0 on the field in the first of the three team byes?

I have an emg in each line atm.

4. Wookks

Wookks New Member

Hey Guys, your opinion on Knights traded out for Didak or Rioli ???

Ta

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

no emo in the mids with Libba, Boyd and Monty riding the pine. Shouldn't need it... *runs around trying to find some wood*

Don't forget Rioli has the bye in 2 weeks.

6. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Wookks on April 11, 2011, 16:19
    Hey Guys, your opinion on Knights traded out for Didak or Rioli ???

Ta </blockquote>

I would do either on the basis that I consider them premiums and Knights is pretty far from.

That said, you'd need to consider the composition of your forward line to best navigate the byes over the coming weeks.

I'd plump for Rioli because he's going to rise in value in the short term, so if you're considering getting on, then now's the time to do it.

7. MrNOYFB

MrNOYFB New Member

@beauforts

On Montagna...

I'd hang on to him. St Kilda aren't performing well so Montagna's are reflecting this. I think St Kilda had a slow pre-season and will perform a lot better as the year goes on, and Montagnas' scores should improve. I don't know if he's worth going sideways with. I think he's a bit of a pendumlum player though too, swinging from high scores to low scores.

8. MrNOYFB

MrNOYFB New Member

I was thinking of trading T.Walker for C.Rioli.

OUT - T.Walker - (Adl-300k) (Rd1-60pts) (Rd3-59pts)
    IN - C.Rioli - (Haw)-461k) (Rd1-117pts) (Rd2-142pts)

Adelaide had a Rd 2 bye and Rioli was supended Rd 3 so neither players values have changed yet. Walkers' value probably won't move much but Rioli is looking at a 30k to 40k increase.

Last week I traded L.Brown for E.Curnow so I have about 200k in the bank.

This is what my team looks like at the moment

DEFENSE

Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Goddard, Heppell, Duigan, Lower
    (Pederson, Lester, Tape)

MIDFIELD

Pendlebury, Judd, Cross, Jack, Shuey, Curnow
    (Harris, Swallow, Bewick)

RUCKS

Cox, Sandilands
    (Smith, Keeffe)

FORWARD

N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, Goodes, Sylvia, Tapscott, Darling, Walker
    (McKernan, Richardson, Matera)

Should I pull the trigger on Walker and get Rioli before his price goes up?

9. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

@Mr

Definitely.

But I'm far more curious about what possessed you to pick L. Brown in the first place.

10. Quantum

Quantum New Member

Thinking of trading out J. Toy to another rookie, for either B. Smith or S. Mckernan as both are from adelaide and yet to rise in price, and Toy hasnt had a game yet so thinking of loosing him for someone who will rise in price

All this is based on if they're picked this week

11. MrNOYFB

MrNOYFB New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Hornsy on April 11, 2011, 17:37
    @Mr

Definitely.

But I'm far more curious about what possessed you to pick L. Brown in the first place.</blockquote>

He finished last year off well and thought he'd continue that form, but I think now at 370k I shouldn't have got him. Hasn't worked out too badly really, it cost a trade but I picked up Curnow.

12. Fez

Fez Moderator

Wooks i'd def wait on Didak, very slow start to the season and a pies R7 bye R8 could be a perfect time.

I would go Rioli asap even with the bye comming up his price should sky rocket next week unless ur solely going for leagues see below

MrNOFYB get Rioli in asap if ur going for most points overall but if you want concentrate on the league wins wont hurt waiting till Rioli has had his bye

13. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Not going to make any trades this week pending any last minute injuries etc etc

Made two last minute trades on Friday. They were IN: Curnow, Libba OUT: Atley, Bewick. Curnow proved to be a handy move but Libba didn't do as well. Both rose price in very nicely.

My main aim from now on is to get Enright in to defence, Chappy and Didak in to my forwards/mids and Sandilands in to my ruck.

I feel as though I have the cash cows to do this across all 4 lines and am feeling confident at the moment. Just need to pick the right time to do it.

Oh and btw...ranked 92 in Australia :)

14. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Don't think I'll make a trade this week. Got cover in all areas even if a starter is a late withdrawal. Even if they're not scoring big, it's still cover

I have my ruck set for the season barring a injury and with the exception of J.Tippett (Cox, Sandilands [McEvoy, J.Tippett]).

Need to upgrade the benchline, giving another week to check things out and see if I'll need to upgrade in areas. Great choice in the final minute before the first round with getting Bartel into the side.

Probably a big target is getting Jude Bolton into the side. Something tells me he isn't going to slow down. He's taken thing to another level, tackling at Brett Kirk-like level.

15. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

Hey all, I will be considering getting rid of Knights. Bringing in J Tippett ( I have Petrie in R3 )
    I could then turn Ward to Pav and later on move him to the forwards. Ward wont go past 350k, Opens up MPP with Petrie and Pav will score me 20-40 points more then Ward.

16. Carloscity

Carloscity New Member

Any news popping up regarding Hibberd to play his 1st game with the Dons?

17. hippy

hippy New Member

I think I know the answer to this, but I'm going to ask anyway.

I missed the boat with Ed Barlow. Should have swapped him for Irons last week.

To complete that trade now, I need to swap Duigan for D.Stanley/B.Smith or Markovic for Guthrie/Watson.

One extra trade - is it worth it? Or just let it go?

18. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

I say no, let it go.

I assume you meant to write Curnow too.

19. hippy

hippy New Member

PS. My other option - saving a trade - is to burn Swallow for Curnow. Sideways yes, but a sideways goldmine is still a goldmine. See:

G
    O
    L
    D
    M
    I
    N
    E

20. hippy

hippy New Member

Yep, that's the answer I was expecting, cheers Hornsy. And nope, I meant to write Ed Barlow. That or Michael Curnow. They're starting to look similar.