Round 4 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 11, 2011.

1. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

<blockquote>Quote from silacious on April 13, 2011, 11:46
    What about Andy Otten? should he be held onto this week, and put in his teammate Brodie Smith and save some cash? Andy Otten hasn't set the world on fire, and smith looks like going up in value next week</blockquote>

I have the same dilemma Sil, i was thinking either Smith or Mckernan. Going McKernan will free up that little bit of extra cash. I've yet to see either of these 2 play, not sure which has the better JS.

2. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

@pjay I too have the Ironman and while he had a dog of a day, i can see him coming back in. First 2 games were reasonable, hard for a rookie to go down to the cat fortress and score big. Im keeping him for the moment

3. taminater

taminater New Member

ok this is my team, going for league win only. i am 3 from 3 so far.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Hurn, Heppell, Lower, Toy, Duigun, Grimes, Broughton, Otten.

Mids: Pendelbury, Gibbs, Selwood, Harris, Pretia, D. Swallow, Libba, Conca, Gaff.

Ruc: Cox, Jamar, Fraser, Keefe.

Fwds: Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, N. Riewolt, Pavlich, Darling, Tapscott, Krakouer, richardson, petrie.

Obvoiusly don't want to waste too many trades at this point. but i will be trading fraser - smith, conca - curnow(should have done it last week..oops)

is the fact that keefe is not playing a concern? i figure the R4 is pretty pointless anyway.

fwds i am pretty happy with, richo not performing but i can wait off on trading him for now.

backs are a big problem, Hurn is really hurting me, i put him on the bench last week and rightly so, otten and broughton have been dissapointing also.

what are everyones thoughts?

4. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

I'm thinking of upgrading cotchin to bartel.

What are you thoughts?? Should i wait a week or get bartel in now cause the tiges have collingwood this weekend and he could end up with a low score lowering his overall value??

Thoughts?

5. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

<blockquote>Quote from taminater on April 13, 2011, 12:14
    ok this is my team, going for league win only. i am 3 from 3 so far.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Hurn, Heppell, Lower, Toy, Duigun, Grimes, Broughton, Otten.

Mids: Pendelbury, Gibbs, Selwood, Harris, Pretia, D. Swallow, Libba, Conca, Gaff.

Ruc: Cox, Jamar, Fraser, Keefe.

Fwds: Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, N. Riewolt, Pavlich, Darling, Tapscott, Krakouer, richardson, petrie.

Obvoiusly don't want to waste too many trades at this point. but i will be trading fraser - smith, conca - curnow(should have done it last week..oops)

is the fact that keefe is not playing a concern? i figure the R4 is pretty pointless anyway.

fwds i am pretty happy with, richo not performing but i can wait off on trading him for now.

backs are a big problem, Hurn is really hurting me, i put him on the bench last week and rightly so, otten and broughton have been dissapointing also.

what are everyones thoughts?
    </blockquote>

Honestly there's not all that much wrong with that team, and if I can be frank, most of the teams that get posted on here asking for trade advice.

The two trades you suggested is all I'd advise you to do. Fraser>Smith is a no brainer IMO. Conca>Curnow a week late is a bit more contentious, but I can see the appeal with a 3 premium midfield.

The biggest weakness I see is the lack of a clear captain choice, with only 3 premiums in the midfield to choose from each week. But who honestly thought Goddard was going to average 110 instead of 130 at the start of the season?

Besides Impromptu.

6. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

@Mattoc far out you are quick to dump cotchin, even tho most agree he's excelled this year. i reckon you gotta back him in, you chose him fully knowing the deal. he's over-acieved already. bartel's a beauty, but we cant have everyone. if we had the clues, he was always under-priced pre-season. its our bad luck methinks.
    @pj79 def drop ironweed for prestia, now is the time or never. irons is a low scorer regardless, plus presty gives dpp plus he looks pretty good plus hes ready to rise next week.
    @Ryhmesayer - ive seen b smith a couple times and he is an all-clues guy who knows where the ball is. crows are so broken winged, smith will have to get time, plus he goes up this week. do it! (i think ill be trading toy for him too).

7. silacious

silacious New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Ryhmesayers on April 13, 2011, 12:06
    <blockquote>Quote from silacious on April 13, 2011, 11:46
    What about Andy Otten? should he be held onto this week, and put in his teammate Brodie Smith and save some cash? Andy Otten hasn't set the world on fire, and smith looks like going up in value next week</blockquote>

I have the same dilemma Sil, i was thinking either Smith or Mckernan. Going McKernan will free up that little bit of extra cash. I've yet to see either of these 2 play, not sure which has the better JS.</blockquote>

Yeah Rhyme, I'm looking at cash value too. Smith looks like making me more cash over time that what Otten will

8. juststarting

juststarting New Member

Is Harry Taylor worth keeping?!?
    I'm going for the league win so think it might be a good idea to use trades early to get my team right, and before prices change too much. Thought he was going to lift this year but consistency will be an issue with two low scores already and a big price drop on the cards next week. It's either a trade now or go with him to the end.. I need an extra 100K to upgrade to an Enright so that will involve trading down (maybe Petrie who is ruck bench currently). Have 10K in the bank. Maybe there's a better sideways trade?

Backline is Goddard, Gibbs, Lids, Taylor, Broughtan, Lower, Heppell(Duigan, Otten, McKernan). Have used two trades already (to bring in Curnow and Tappy). Your comments appreciated..

9. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

@garyreal

Its not that i dont think cotchin is going to be good, i'm looking at the fact i have the money to upgrade a midpricer to an elite mid and i think that it would be money well spent as Bartel will average more per week than cotchin. But thats why i am looking for different opinions :)

10. Any Bombers fans got any thoughts on Hurley? It'd have to be Krak or Tappy to go for him to squeeze in and it does seem strange trading in a mid-pricer but he looks pretty solid so far, Bombers on the up too

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

righto, going for overall... I am coping a donut next week in the fwd line, and have 4 F/M all in my FWD line (inc Prestia), none in the mids.

I am thinking of trading Monty>Higgins to pick up the F/M link (Mzungu/Callinan too far away to pick up that link yet).

Pros - playing well, price jump on the way (but not considering trading him out later on unless I have too)

Cons - next two games are Freo away and Pies.

No convinced, but there are no other M/F guys I can afford (that I don't have...)

edit: only other option is Bewick > nonplaying rookie... or sit on the doughnut

12. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

<blockquote>Quote from BlueBeliever on April 13, 2011, 13:20
    Any Bombers fans got any thoughts on Hurley? It'd have to be Krak or Tappy to go for him to squeeze in and it does seem strange trading in a mid-pricer but he looks pretty solid so far, Bombers on the up too</blockquote>

I'm a bombers fan through and through and i honestly tossed up about hurley in my backline at the start of the season. Hindsight being a wonderful thing i'd have kept him in as he has started very well and the bombers are moving in the right direction. But as for trading krak or tapps, i wouldnt do it as they have a great upside if they continue like they have started and either one of those 2 could be around the same value as hurley later in the season. But i guess supercoach is all about risk/reward and it could be a reward worth it further down the track with the poes showing that krak is a sub possibility on occasion where as hurley will play.

Risk and reward my friend. risk and reward

13. Cheers Mattoc, I reckon it would be Krak to go if it happens too. Tappy has higher upside and having Hurley over Krak could be a decent POD as well. More thought required I guess

14. Jay

Jay New Member

Hi guys

First post here, great site

Upon reading numerous posts pre-season, it became clear that there are a couple of cardinal sins in Supercoach:
    1. Avoid sideways trading
    2. Don't trade prior to teams being announced

My question's about cardinal sin #1. Anyone have an opinion on trading Out Seb Tape for Brodie Smith, purely from a cash cow point of view, but may have to get on the park at least once in the next 3 weeks. Tape's job security might be a bit better, although if he stays quiet, may get dropped. Didn't average too high in preseason or in the first 2 games. On the other hand, there's Smith, whose job security may improve with Davis out for a bit. I see Smith rising in value quicker than Tape. Is it worth a trade? Also have Toy and Pederson sitting on the pine as well

2nd year doing Supercoach. I'd like to dream about going for overall but not sure if I'm still in reach of the leaders at this stage, about 200 points from top 50 at the moment.

Cheers
    J

15. Oh yeah, and Hirdy's been giving Hurley big wraps too apparently. "At Windy Hill, Essendon coach James Hird is reservedly enthusiastic about his young forward.

He has told people that if Hurley is not Essendon's best player now, he will be in 10 weeks." Mark Robinson-Herald Sun

I'd appreciate your thoughts on Hurley Lucas, the way I see it is I'd essentially be doing one upgrade trade now and hopefully another upgrade when his price rises a bit and maybe score more consistently than Krakouer. Instead of a downgrade now and an upgrade to full premium

16. BuddyBeauty

BuddyBeauty New Member

What do you guys reckon trading Otten for B.Smith ? It would free up a bit of cash and looks like Smith price will rise more than Ottens. What you guys think ?

17. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

@ Jay
    Sideways trading sins are more related to non-LTI premiums and midpricers. Sideways trading a non playing or average rookie for a rookie on the bubble and about to go bang is very justified. Many many coaches last week would've sideways traded Atley/Hibberd to Curnow/Libba or something similar.
    Tape to Brodie Smith is a sound trade to me, however make sure you weigh up your other options.

@BB
    I love Hurley and see him as the future of our club, but I would never pick him in DT or SC until he's a premium.

@BuddyBeauty
    Its a risky trade that could bite you in the arse. Otten we know has class and had a poor showing last week.

18. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

hi all, bit off the subject but is there anywhere u can track whos been used as subs over the season? may come in handy when looking at a trade option,

19. banz

banz New Member

Ward is doing just fine Lucas, averaging 80+ and I reckon he can take that to 90+. One injury in the dogs mids and he will be spending more time around the ball. He is a contested footy machine.

Agree that he will be an easy upgrade to a super prem come rounds 7/8/9 as well depending on how he goes, you have the best of both worlds in you continue to hold him, and he continues his form.

20. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Ok so lets for a second ignore what a conservative fool I was for not going Conca > Curnow last week...

Is it an acceptable correction trade to make this week?

I need to play Irons or Conca on field this week. Port have the Crows and Rich have Collingwood.

or if I go to Curnow at a 20kish cost I can play him vs Essendon and pick up the guy I should have picked up last week.