Round 5 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 20, 2011.

1. jesters

jesters New Member

Trade out D.Smith or A Kennedy??

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Sam Mitchell is an interesting option Alex.

I'd love to bring in another mid so I can just look at their names on paper and bask a bit: Ablett, NDS, Boyd, Priddis, some other premium, and Barlow is a nice midfield 6.

But a couple of my forwards ain't getting any better, or improving in price, so they have to be culled.

3. hack_pwn

hack_pwn New Member

I've got Cox and Giles in the rucks and then Mumford and Redden on the bench.

What to do with Mumford? Keep him? and continue to run with Giles on the field (who is gunning it atm) and have him as a POD?

Or do I trade him? But to who? A ruck rookie (Longer or Stephenson - who I'm hoping will play this weekend) or another premium ruck (but who?) ???

All opinions welcome

4. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

I am trading out D Smith for A Christensen this week, if Selwood is suspended for 3 weeks then maybe a sideways to JPK

5. chris88

Stephenson has to get some games soon you'd think.

6. The_General

The_General Member

BBR 3 weeks for Selwood surely not. 1 game with an early plea.

7. kram

kram Member

This is the week to swoop on Pendlebury

8. WindyHillWizard

WindyHillWizard New Member

What are everyone's thoughts on Kennedy vs Murphy as a mid upgrade.

Have had my eyes on Murphy as the first mid up-grade (and kicking myself that I didn't start with him), but Kennedy's numbers are hard to ignore and is about $50K cheaper.

9. shickered

shickered New Member

What do you guys think about trading/keeping Joel Selwood? I didn't see his incident with Raines but talk is that he'll get at least 2 weeks for it. I have Ablett out til he comes good and plenty of cash up my sleeve but down to 17 trades.

Thoughts at this stage are:
    Selwood > Stanton
    Clay Smith (wasting space) > Lenny Hayes

Gives me a mid of Ablett, Murphy, Stanton, Hayes, S. Selwood, Magner, McDonald and Shiel.

That burns my cash but only leaves me 1 premium shy of a full deck in the mids.

Worth doing now? Is Hayes capable of playing out the year with this form?

10. pendles_05

pendles_05 New Member

Similiar situation to you Shickered.

I'm going to trade either GAB or Jelwood (depending on how long Jel is out for) to Pendles.
    Then the week after, bring back in either of the two I trade out this week with Magnet/Coniglio.

Thought behind it is, this is week is the best week to get Pendles and is a most have in your side and then give the cows another week to moo.

Let me know about the downsides to this plan.

11. JM

JM Member

@ Pendles_05

The downside is using up trades. Ask yourself this, do you think Pendleburys value will go up more than Magner/Coniglio?
    If Pendlebury hits his avg of 126 he will go up only $10600
    Likewise for Magner avg 80 $29k increase and Coniglio avg 60 $16600 increase.

So what I'm saying is if they all hit their averages next round, than technically you are no better off $ wise and you have used a trade.

12. pendles_05

pendles_05 New Member

Yep good point, but then i have to weigh up the cost of having both GAB and Jel on the bench. That is alot of points gone missing from my side.
    I guess it comes down to what is valued more.
    I need the points this week as well for a very tight league match

13. JM

JM Member

Wait and see what Selwoods outcome is, you never know he might get off. If he gets one week, and Ablett comes back in after this weekend, than you will have 2 premiums back in for next week.
    Personally I'd hold onto the trade.

14. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Until the decision comes through on J Selwood, and the teams are announced Thursday night, this thread is floating along on a soft woolly cloud called Hypothetical Land.

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Apparently Porps is out this week aswell? Anyone heard this? If its case throws spanner in works as not sure im keen on holding him on bench, especially with D.Smith & then :spud: Dickson on there as cover.

16. WindyHillWizard

WindyHillWizard New Member

@TheOnion - couldn't agree more. All that planning early in the week is thrown out the window when the teams are announced on Thursday evening. More bullets come out that evening than a Terminator movie.

17. chris88

SKT - Porps almost certain to miss. Deltoid muscle problems.

Worried if he and Stanley are out I'll not have cover. If that is the case, I'd have to hold D Smith for a week and downgrade Stanley and upgrade Hale. Then next week upgrade Smith.

That's if Smith plays. If not - oh no.

18. DC

DC Member

Could go porps to ROK (Back in form) or Martin... Thoughts on Ryan OKeefes role this year?

19. chris88

And apparently Dickson is clos-ish for the Dogs - played well from limited chances in the VFL

20. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I have heard Porps may miss again too...or as quoted by the Herald Sun 'a chance to miss'.

Already made my trades, as this week is the best possible time to get Pendles, and I don't mind missing out on the money Shiel will make, as I only have one spud rookie and that is Dickson. I am choosing to keep Magner over Shiel, good idea or does anyone have any good arguments against this?

Hale has been chopped for the big O (please get a game), so Giles gets promoted to start alongside Hmac who is killing it!

Now with the acquisition of Pendlebury I have a full deck of premium MIDs (Ablett, Swallow, Pendlebury, Watson, Selwood, Barlow). Please be kind MRP, please. And Gaj, only come back if your ready to continue pumping out 140s!

If anyone has any grave concerns with my moves please tell me :)