Round 5 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 20, 2011.

1. Greggles

Greggles New Member

Any thoughts on McKernan. Good price and scores after 2.

2. hack_pwn

hack_pwn New Member

BOOM! Selwood cleared! So needed him to play this week against Melbourne

3. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

What a relief!
    ty MRP :)

4. Muppets

Muppets Member

Best Supercoach news all year! Finally able to dodge a bullet.

I hope Porps plays as he has a low BE and will be great to upgrade after 1-2 more matches. I'd much rather upgrade/downgrade Stanley and D. Smith this week. Most likely Pfeiffer (not altogether comfortable with this) and Danger. For some reason I plan to hold onto Dickson if I can. I guess I'm sick of trading out rookies who haven't/aren't making money or playing.

5. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

<blockquote>Quote from TheOnion on April 30, 2012, 16:02
    Until the decision comes through on J Selwood, and the teams are announced Thursday night, this thread is floating along on a soft woolly cloud called Hypothetical Land. </blockquote>

That's for sure,
    but now Selwood's in the clear, there's more options available,
    I cant help planning for each possibility,
    already got a hand written A2 flow chart full of what ifs.

Am looking at outing Hale, Stanley or Masten,
    but to afford that luxury will need both Birchall & Dempsey named.
    ---

<blockquote>Quote from chris88 on April 30, 2012, 11:24
    My bye strategy is to close my eyes.</blockquote>

LMAO love it!

Going for league win myself & reckon this to be an acceptable bye strategy.
    (I know ratios will change as we get closer, but keeping tabs on opponents preparedness is wise)
    Eg. As it stands now, if my current team were to hit the bye rounds, and I made no trades through them, my donuts & opponents donuts for rounds 11/12/13 would be -
    Myself = 1/3/6
    My rnd 11 opponent = 5/0/7
    rnd 12 opponent = 9/2/0
    rnd 13 opponent = 4/1/4

Over the next few rounds I'll pick 2 of those matches to win, and 1 to concede,
    it should be easy to do & I think getting through those rounds with 2 wins and 1 loss is good enough.

6. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

I can upgrade a cow (Shiel or Magner) to Pendlberry with one trade this week. Should I go for it?

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Depending on your ranking. You could wait a week and save little cash, but pulling the trigger could get you the jump.

I'd do it for Shiel.

8. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Thanks for the reply - am really concentrating on a league win so am a bit up in the air about it (do need to get some league wins up but on the other hand chasing an overall league win you really should leave trades as late as possible to maximise cow &#36;)- if I go the Shiel route it means I will have to cash in Magner to avoid a midfield donut in round 12.

9. Ox

Ox New Member

Yes I agree wait till later in the week. pendles is awesome and cheap at the moment but looks to be better value in a week. I would choose Sheil as well to trade.

On another note that flashing advertisemet on Tooserious is doing my head in!!

10. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Just in case anyone hasn't checked...Pendlebury's BE is 102 this week. So that means he is at his cheapest point (for weeks to come anyway) and therefore the best time to get him is now.

Yes if he scores his average he will only go up 10k...but are you going to take the risk of waiting when he could score 140+ against the dogs? I'm not taking that risk. Shiel may be getting cut too soon, but there are plenty of options (Horsely, Adams, Miles) coming up to replace him, and I can keep those players in longer as all my other cows are plumping up nicely ready for harvest.

11. Muppets

Muppets Member

Gotta say well done to anyone that left out Goddard, Pendles and Buddy from their starting team. Able to get them all at bargain prices now or in the next few weeks. Something to think about for next year.

12. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Muppets on May 1, 2012, 07:43
    Gotta say well done to anyone that left out Goddard, Pendles and Buddy from their starting team. Able to get them all at bargain prices now or in the next few weeks. Something to think about for next year. </blockquote>

Considering GOddard is 2nd best defender this year, Pendles is 4th best & Franklin 6th best in their positions still. Or in other word 1656 points. Not sure how they could make up those points! But kudos if they have managed it!

13. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

Have a dilemna in my trades for the week. Have a hefty bank balance due to some downgrades and am ready to upgrade to some premiun mids. My thoughts are as follows:

Masten - JPK (or Murphy but would leave less for upgrade next week)
    Van Berlo - Swan (or should i go Pendles), dont want 2 collingwood mids due to bye rounds

this will leave me over &#36;200k still in the bank for upgrade of M6 of maybe forward next week.

Currently i already have GAJ, Hayes and Boyd in mids......

14. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

JPK & Swan/Pendles share the same bye round mate....

15. benstar94

benstar94 New Member

So true.....bad mistake on my behalf.....but best case is 2 players on the bench for each bye round, or so to my calculations......

I do hold magner but sure will be upgraded before round 12. Maybe i will upgrade magner - murphy. Therefore i can choose any mids this week, as i dont have any other mids missing round 12.

16. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_General on April 30, 2012, 10:34
    I would prefer beams over rusty of dangermouse.</blockquote>

Why Beams over Danger or Rusty?

Beams-&#36;492,700.Avg-85

Rusty-&#36;491,400.Avg-100

Danger-&#36;476,700.Avg-103

Going by those numbers Beams is the last picked when they all line up against the brick wall at school. Dangerfield looks to be the best value, has the highest avg with the lowest price but does his 141 on the weekend hide his start to the year? Sidebottom looks consistant and should score more with Bally out now. Beams much the same but hasnt done much at all yet(Hence his 85 avg!). Is your reasoning for picking Beams ahead of the others is that he will drop in price in the coming weeks, representing the best value while getting back to his best? If so, i'll take one of Rusty or Danger every day of the week as i want the trade done this week and im not sitting around waiting for Beams to drop in price while the other two keep putting out decent scores(Compared to Stanley anyway!!!). Happy to be persuaded into Beams however, just not sold on him though

17. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

You haven't taken two important points with consideration to Beams and why his average is 85.

1. He had an interrupted preseason and would have taken a few games to get back into proper match condition.
    2. The Pies now have a midfield spot up for grabs and Beams seems to be the best like for like replacement for Luke Ball. Sidebottom I see as more of an outside player who can run through the midfield but who is more dangerous across the half forward line and can kick a few goals, Beams is more of an accumulator, not as skilled or talented as Sidebottom but a player who can find the ball consistently. He has also shown that he can score very highly, Sidebottom hasn't.

The key is not to look at just an average figure but to look at the current circumstances of a player's position within his side and his potential.

18. Marcus45

Marcus45 New Member

Thinking all those with Judd, Scotland and Kruezer may be getting a little nervous. General soreness will be on the agenda for at least 2 of those I'd reckon

19. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

I think Judd and Kruz could get rested, I hope Kruz get rested so I can play Giles instead :)

20. Muppets

Muppets Member

Bearfly/Steve/anyone - what are your thoughts on Pfeiffer's JS? Not thrilled to be bringing him in this week but looking at it. I would think I only really need him to play consistently up to the byes when he'll then get the chop.