Round 5 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 20, 2011.

1. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

@liquid

If you are going for overall then id pull the trigger on Ablett with a view to getting him back at some stage, the loss of points would be too much to catch up IMO. Fyfe to Beams is one im looking at and I agree that his price wont get much lower than it is now. With Pendles and Swan coping the tag, its a good choice and a slight POD over Sidebottom with many seeming to have or considering getting him.

Smith>Pfeiffer doesnt make much money but if its needed to do the other trades then id do it. With Gray out and Wingard getting a 2 week injury (read on here somwwhere) then his JS looks much better. Smiths 17 plus possible resting means he will take a while to rise further.

Fyfe>Christensen also an option for mine, riskier but cheaper. Chapman an obvious choice but personally worried about him being rested later in SC finals time. Or Dal Santo if youre keen on a Mid.

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I'm having a re-think too - thinking of going Ablett down to JPK, then Hale to either Christensen or Danger.

I have $110K in the bank, after this I'd have $240K in the bank (if I go Christensen) and will have upgraded a forward.

Next week Horsley in for Magner or Shiel to give me another $160K, Stanley gets upgraded to Dangerfield or Beams at the cost of $200K and I still have nigh on $200K in the bank.

After that a defender gets downgraded to Spurr maybe (giving me another $150-170K), and then Ablett gets bought back in to complete my mids (upgrading Magner or Old Mac who by then will be nudging or above $300K). All I'd need is for ablett to, say, drop to about $660-670K - which is a reasonable risk given that two 120 scores and two 140s will see him drop to $650K within 4 weeks of his return.

Means I have a 6 premium midfield, rucks OK, 5 premiums up back (with Bugg at D6 - acceptable) and 5.5 keepers up forward (Porps at F6 - fine for now).

Allows me to get the best players in where the scoring is the best (mids), and not lose too much by playing rookies at D6/7 (Bugg, Mohr, Ellis, Morris, Spurr for eg) or F7 (Treloar, D Smith, Zorko as a trade in, etc).

Am going for leagues so don't quite care as much about byes. But I reckon this is an acceptable strategy - only risk is that Ablett drops about $50-60K - I'll take a punt he might. If he doesn't, James MacDonald might help me out by rising an extra $20K or so!

3. chris88

Of course, just as an addition to the above, Ablett wouldn't necessarily comes back 3 weeks from now - it'd be when he's at his lowest point and the cows are mooing. Gives a couple of cows extra weeks to fatten as well.

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Ablett JPK and Hale Danger would probably be too sideways for me. Each to their own.

Also on Hale, check your ruck coverage in the byes, with Giles now locked into many R2, could mean trouble in R11.

5. chris88

Lucas - agree on Ablett > JPK ... definitely sideways - but ultimately its an upgrade on a rookie (eventually) via bringing Ablett back once he returns.

As for Hale - He is a $415K player in price only. Performance wise I'd see Danger or Bundy as a definite upgrade (or Beams or Sidey).

As for Rd 11 rucking - yes, let's not go there!!!

6. Alex_26

Alex_26 New Member

Need a bit of help with my team. $72,000 in the bank

Def- Deledio,Goddard,Shaw,Broughton,Bugg,Clarke,Ellis (Bower,Smedts)
    Mid- Ablett,Pendles,Murphy,Selwood,Magner,Shiel (Coniglio,Treloar)
    Ruc- Sandilands,Giles (Stephenson,Redden)
    Fwd- Franklin,Pav,N.Riewoldt,Martin,Porplyzia,A.Kennedy,D.Smith (Hall,Dickson)

This week i was thinking Bower to Wilkes and Porps to Christensen
    Then next week Magner to Horsley and Shiel to S.Mitchell(cover for Ablett)
    Any suggestions?

7. beaufisher

beaufisher New Member

Who is the going to be better by seasons end for defence, Suckling, Rance or taylor?

8. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

@beaufisher those 3 guys are going to up and down. When Taylor is held accountable he doesn't score well, Suckling can turn the ball over too much and Rance tries hard but is the number 1 defender so scores could deteriorate. I reckon

1.Suckling
    2.Rance
    3.Taylor(long way behind)

9. beaufisher

beaufisher New Member

Who would you choose as the best defender excludding goddard, delideo, shaw,broughton, scotland?

10. jibba

jibba Member

@beau Birchall

11. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

Yep, or Fisher.

12. BuddyBeauty

BuddyBeauty New Member

Thoughts on trading Mumford to Ryder?

13. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Id say go for it. Its the trade i did two weeks ago so you know its the right move! :D

14. mjcdons

mjcdons New Member

Could trade Mumford for Stephenson this week and free up cash to get Pendles.

I've got Kreuzer, Giles and Redden. Kreuzer resting could stuff p this plan.

What do ya think?

15. Quantum

Quantum New Member

I Ed Jon if you've kept big mummy this long, stick it out, he will be bal and pretty strong I reckon. Had a full ore season so fitness shouldn't be a major problem

16. mjcdons

mjcdons New Member

But is it a bad idea to have Sellwoood, Swan AND Pendles come round 12? Currently have:

Ablett, Swan, Sellwood, Pav (for MPP), Magner, Shiel (Cognilio, C.Smith)

Is there a better option to bring in....Murphy?

17. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Fyfe -> Chappy for me. Averagin over 100 if u take out his 57.
    Shares same bye and no price difference.

18. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

I'm not making any. I've got no chance of over all after the last two weeks so leagues for me.

Holding Shaw, Birchall, Ablett, Sandi in the hope that they come back fit and last the season for me.

Need about 30 trades this year.

19. BlueBoysRule

BlueBoysRule New Member

I am going Ablett-> JPK and Fyfe to Christiesen. This will leave me with $411,000 in the bank so I can upgrade a mid cash cow to Ablett once he is back.

20. chris88

The news now that Ablett is looking a decent chance for next week has me rethinking trading him out!. Decisions decsions