Round 5 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 20, 2011.

1. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Here's a player that no-one's taking about: David Mundy.

Steady improvement over the years. Hasn't scored under 113 this year in 4 games.

2. BuddyBeauty

BuddyBeauty New Member

Hey guys, thinking of trading Knights or Krakouer for maybe Higgins. Not sure who though. Suggestions?

3. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

My mate who I help just traded in Mundy for Kennedy (swans) and I told him it was a bad trade as you should only go for the best of the best in each position and Mundy is not that. He is stubborn and thinks it's a good trade, i said it was a sideways trade. Therefore, I really hope he fails so I can remind my mate that he is useless at this game.

4. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Best of the best is the right way to go. Guess what I'm saying is, if the Dogs and Saints slide and Freo finish top four, he will be.

Something to ponder.

5. graeme

graeme Guest

@Jason
    you watch the doggies - how do you rate Cooney ($450,300) against Higgins ($403,000) - I have Cooney in my side but have been a bit envious of the score Higgins is running up?

Or should I be looking elsewhere in the WB's midfield.

With the bye gone WB players look very attractive.

regards
    chels

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@Chels
    SC just doesn't seem to be Cooney's thing unfortunately. Cooney would be very unlikley to average higher than in the 400,000s in my view. He has not been able to score consistently at SC for quite some time now.

Higgins on the other hand is regularly involved in scoring chains and has the potential to go large if the WB are winning, which you would think should be more often than not. How large? Difficult to be sure, but I suspect that Gia will not be hogging as much of the SC points this year and that Higgins may well pick up the difference.

7. torcida

torcida Member

not having swan has been costing me (184pts last week) happy with me score but with swan in my side i wouldve cracked 2500 so i decided im gonna get him one way or the other .
    $ is not a prob as i got rid of s.hurn for b.smith just before lockout last week 584 in the bank.
    krak is most likely to go
    also lookin at jackson Trengove --> fisher

8. graeme

graeme Guest

@Jason,
    very much appreciated comments m8. I guess I was blinded by that Brownlow behind his name!

No point in hoping a poor (albeit not a bad) pick comes right - my investment background come out again.

regards
    chels

9. shaken

shaken New Member

Want to trade out Harry Taylor, he is stinking up my backline.

Tossing up between Adcock and Bob Murphy.

Adcock will get higher scores, but Murphy looks more consistent. Murphy's MPP does look tempting.

10. torcida

torcida Member

taylor had a massive drop in scores and price after solid 2010 . adcock a bit injury prone - murphy for me

11. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@shaken
    Over several years, consistent is one word that does NOT apply to Bob Murphy.

All of these options are possible keepers, but more likely to overall be mid-pricers. I suggest that upgrading to a keeper would be a better target. In particular Lake should be just about perfect to upgrade to after a few more rounds.

12. Wooderson

Wooderson New Member

Trading out Coad, thoughts on who to bring in?

13. torcida

torcida Member

smith looks like a buy for me even thought hes 172k now or maybe j.toy - c.pedersen might get a game soon

14. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

What do we think about Toy's job security?

15. With Coad out for a while I think Toy's pretty safe

16. torcida

torcida Member

i think like all young gc players he will be in and out of that side - i got stanley he will prob get week off every now and then
    (smith looks safe) for now...... :)

17. torcida

torcida Member

already posted this but no luck

brother is got the problem in SC and DT. picked cox and mumford (with smith and bailey or campbell (one of them 2 not sure which one) on the bench .
    enough money 2 upgrade
    mumford to sandilands or
    swap campbell/bailey for gorringe/petrie

i would prob just cop a donut or go for option one (u always know what u gonna get with sandi) what do u guys think...???

18. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Toy's JS looks good.

I would stay away from Pederson, he played well when Goldstein and Petrie were not playing. I can't see him averaging anything great and his JS stinks.

Broughton to Adcock (in DT)? Killing my team.

19. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Might not trade this week. Tempted to grab Toy and make some money, but I might just wait a touch - Hibberd is getting close to a debut, as are Wallis and Jacobs (who is coming back through SANFL this week)

All my rookies still have some nice mooing to do, and I'm not willing to sacrifice 100-200K just for a couple of early downgrades.

Patience grasshopper.

20. shaken

shaken New Member

@Jason.

Thanks for the advice. Murphy has been consistent this year (albeit against pretty easy opposition).

Adcock has potential to keep scoring, but is also injury prone.

I guess Taylor couldn't get any worse, so maybe I'll hang in there.

Having said that, watch Adcock and Murphy kill it this week because I have overlooked them!