Round 5 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 20, 2011.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on April 20, 2011, 21:12
    Bonkers.</blockquote>People did a similar thing with Ablett's big price drops a few years back and 2 of the current top-5 teams don't have Goddard. Offer an opinion but at least give an explanation.

2. Zander

Zander Moderator

I have given up on overall, and as Freo are doing ok on the field, I want to get some of them in my team. They have both byes in non league rounds too.
    Right now I can straight swap Foley for Fyfe or
    double trade Petrie to Pitt, then Jurrah to Pav. Anyone like either idea?

3. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Foley for Fyfe has some merit Zander. Foley has not shown much of anything in 2011 yet. As a correction trade, it can be justified.

Not sure I could recommend your double trade suggestion though, especially right before Freo's R6 bye.

4. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Zander

I wouldn't mind the Foley to Fyfe trade, but pretty much the only trade i'd do. I'd look at if I have sufficient backup for the round 6 bye first before considering

5. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

Ok Fellas. i made a dud pick in A. Everitt, horrid i know. I’ve got 252000 in the bank.
    Everitt is a must go no doubt in my mind. Thinking Everitt > Adcock then possibly A Kroukouer > Fyfe.
    Or i could trade Everitt > Enright.

thinking Fyfe is in great form but might be a bit of a risk, would love to get swan in. Amongst others I’ve got cotchin, curnow, libba, swallow, harris and conca who are all steadily rising in value so cant decide whether to sacrifice one and go for swan straight away or wait a few more rounds.

Spoilt for choice really and cant decide, advice awfully needed.

6. Albertonflyers

Albertonflyers New Member

@Suther,

I'm also getting an itchy finger Toy > Lester. Have also got Pederson sitting on the pine getting big fat zeros each week. He could be an option for Toy. Also wouldn't mind increasing flexibility between mids and defence by bringing in Buckley in the midfield for Jarrod Irons. Probably should wait for Hibberd though. Thoughts.

7. Fish

Fish New Member

I've got Chris Knights in at the moment and he hasn't set the world on fire as yet. I'm thinking, next week, to trade him down to Darling. Assuming both players make their average, I'll make 40k off the trade and approximately 100k off Darling by Round 8 (not to mention about 15ppg in that time). Obviously these projections aren't an exact science but I'm not sure Knights is going to set the world on fire.
    Is it too sideways?

8. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@Dshaw
    You should consider how many trades you need to get a complete set of keepers in your DEF line. Adcock probably isn't a keeper, but he is another midpricer like Everitt who unlike Everitt will make some money on his current price in the short term.

If you can afford to swap mid-pricers and still leave enough trades to upgrade all of your DEF line to keepers, there is nothing too wrong with jumping onto Adcock for a short ride on his coattails. But you eventually need to jump off and onto another keeper DEF player (e.g. Lake) further down the line.

@Fish
    Don't go Knights to Darling this round, obviously because Darling has the bye. That means you can afford to wait at least another week to see if Knights is not a spud. You've probably missed the Darling cashcow train, so even if you wait another week I'd recommend against trading into Darling.

9. SpoonDeWood

SpoonDeWood New Member

Anyone out there with Duffield & thoughts of trading him? Not sure if it's poor form or a role change, but he's got some serious stink lines coming off him, & I don't know if I can take it any more. A downgrade to Hibberd has crossed my mind since I have decent bench coverage for Defs until he starts getting games & with &#36;87K currently in the bank, would also allow an upgrade of Savage to Goddard in the Mids.

Currently running:
    Def: Enright, Deledio, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell, Hurley, Duigan (J.Grimes, N.Lower, Otten)

Mid: Pendlebury, Judd, Curnow, Cross, Savage, Swallow
    (Goodes, Harris, Bewick)

I know it could be much better to wait another week to do this trade, but if Duffman brings in another dud score, it may not work then!

10. torcida

torcida Member

SpoonSeWood
    i got rid of s.hurn last week took B.Smith. left me with enough &#36; to get swan this week .

goddard will have to wait 2-3 more weeks hopefully his price will drop and someone like krak or harris and (in ur case savage) will hit 300-350
    think lake (break even 175) and goddard (break even 182) will be more affordable in 2-3 weeks time and savages value is gonna increase (BE -7)

11. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I'm a little bit unsure on what I should do right now. I think I am still in contention for overall, I am rank about 600 and I think about just under 200 points from the leader.

I have only made one trade this season, and that was just before round 3 where I got rid of Atley and brought in Libba.

I suppose I am just a little bit concerned about not adding another premium, my team is basically unchanged, and I don't have any real dilemmas at the moment. I just don't want to lose ground by holding off too long on my cash cows, but at the same time, I don't want to cash in on them now yet either, it just seems way too early.
    Just uncertain if some of the top guys will be making some upgrades before me, which could cost me.
    Like I said, I don't have any real concerns with my team as of yet.
    I just wouldn't mind an extra midfield premium as my first upgrade. I started with 3 premiums in the middle, and notice a lot of the leaders have 4.
    I'm just in 2 minds. I think I want to keep my team as it is, and let money grow on the bench, just worried that if it could cost me, as I have only made the one trade this season and it was bringing in Libba for Atley.

12. @ HPCD

If you're only 200 points down and happy with your team, hold off on it. I have been trading like crazy but I'm almost 500 down, so the ground I hope to make by trading early will be all catch-up stuff as opposed to making a move to take the lead. Sounds to me like your running beautifully so far...

13. torcida

torcida Member

agree wth BB whats not broken dont need fixing - long season ahead...

14. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

@BB

Thanks, that was kind of what I was hoping to hear. I just felt now, I would be making trades at this point through just paranoia, haha. It doesn't feel like the timing is right at this point, I just wasn't sure if it was essential.
    My plan was to make my first big upgrade to just after the round 6 bye, but even then, I may have to cash in on a rookie/s a bit prematurely, but will see how things go. Anything can happen on a week to week basis, so I will just see how everything pans out.

15. Definately not essential mate, unless your losing touch with the leaders altogether and want to keep aiming for the &#36;50k. 200 points can be made up in one great week

16. dshaw15

dshaw15 New Member

Just a quick one..... What is B. Smiths JS like? with guys like Doughty and Tambling coming back on.
    I havent seen a lot of the Crows this year but understand smith is going well....

17. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

@dshaw, as far as I know he's played every NAB and every H&A game for the Crows this year, so I'd say he's fairly safe. I've had him in since watching him in the NAB and I think the fact he's played so extensively despite Craig's notorious reluctance to use kids early says a lot.

Even last week when they were overrun Smith looked composed and didn't stuff up. I think he'll play plenty this year.

18. suther

suther Member

@ Alberton...

Surely you cant bring in Buckley til he's next named?

Sit tight. Who knows, an upgrade D/M might be a better option.

19. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

@BB

Nah, haven't lost much ground at all the last couple of weeks. Basically haven't moved much from them at all. Still at the same range, haha.
    I will see how I go after this week though.

20. Going great guns then chief, leave as is