Round 6 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 25, 2011.

1. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Lovett-Murray for SC? I would stay well away. Just a midpricer that probably won't do anything special and will give you loads of inconsistency. Form is atrocious atm as well. Plenty of better options.

2. Fish

Fish New Member

Hey guys,

Just a quick one. Missed out on Darling and am thinking he still may be worth bringing in. He's 214k but has shown, thus far, that he's a fairly consistent scorer and has the added advantages of having had his first bye and a 100 in his rolling average for the next two weeks. I was thinking a possible trade out for Krak (if he's not named) or Knights.

Thoughts?

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Don't go there banz, no way.

Thompson or Hibberd is a tough one, especially after that article emerged today detailed adelaide's extensive injuries. He could get a run. However Hibberd wouldve probably been picked round 1 if not injured and is mature aged.

JRoo is definitely in for SC, I just can't decide whether or not to pull the same trade in DT!!

Anyone, anyone at all have any opinion on this?

4. banz

banz New Member

thanks guys.

5. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Andy Otten out apparently

6. banz

banz New Member

fish probably better value than Krack in that at least you know he will play and probably not be sub affected, can see him hitting 300k if he has 2 decent games as well.

Knights is getting a regular gig as it is, so would prefer to keep him to Krak.

Its sideways, but I like it, espc as Krak misses round 7.

7. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Ricahrdson, R.Tarrant OUT.
    Hibberd to debut for the Bombers.

8. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Krak named on an extended bench with Wood. Jolly is out so it could be like for like this week as I cant see them dropping anyone else unless there is a last minute injurie.

9. Quantum

Quantum New Member

Wonder if it will be a case of Krakour as emerg again, or will he be given gametime?

Maybe as their sub

10. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

Any thoughts on the following appreciated

Otten >> Hibberd or Thompson (leaning towards Hibberd, I thought his pre-season was as good as Heppels, just a little less polish)
    Then either Krak >> J Roo or Richo >> Petrie - would prefer to move Richo on, but would rather grab J Roo, and with Krak out next week...

Or

Tape >> Hibberd or Thompson
    Krak >> Petrie or Richo >> May (Suns debutant, rather not as I have 2 suns up forward already who are unlikely to be slaughtered by their next bye) or Harper (again, debutant and I would prefer to wait and see for at least 1-2 rds)

Cheers

11. stowie

stowie Moderator

Think I'll stick to my original plan keep Krak this week, trade him out for Chappy next week. Might eat a donut, but I think it'll be worth it.

This week:
    Thompson (Otten)

Next week:
    Hibberd (Duigan)
    Chapman (Krak)

12. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

OUT Richardson ($149,300) IN Matera ($192,300)
    OUT Otten ($227,400) IN Thompson ($103,600)

my trades for this week

13. Bazza16

Bazza16 New Member

Krak/Knights -> J. Roo
    Otten -> Newman

or Ottens -> Thomson
    ?

14. hippy

hippy New Member

What are the chances of S.Buckley getting a game again soon?

15. BuddyBeauty

BuddyBeauty New Member

Is it worth trading Higgins to Jroo or just get the 0?

16. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

All I can say is f u coaches.

My players currently not playing
    SC (2 Trades already made to cover other donuts)
    Back: Otten, Lower, Suban, Watson, Heppell (Maybe)
    Mid: Bartel, Prestia Hibberd (Maybe)
    Ruck: Sandilands
    Forward: Higgins, Prestia, Fyfe, Franklin, Richardson

Currently 3 guaranteed donuts :(

DT isn't so bad
    Back: Lower, Hibberd (Maybe)
    Mid: Selwood, Heppell (Maybe)
    Ruck: Sandilands
    Forward: Pavlich, Franklin, Richardson, Prestia, Krakouer

What do you guys think I should do to my DT with 1 trade remaining, 113,900 still in the bank? Upgrade Krak to JRoo or wait a week and hopefully go all the way to Chappy?

17. Corks

Corks Member

@BuddyBeauty good Q, but depends where you are in overall contention. I've fallen 700 behind the leaders in overall, so have given up and are focusing on league wins...hence will cop a donut. If you're in the same boat, I wouldn't be touching Higgins yet.

Given zero quality forward downgrade options for a GnR team, I've decided to cop a zero this week. Was going to trade Krak for Polec, but now think double trade of:

Otten to Thompson
    Bewick to Polec

Cashes me up for big upgrades in the next few weeks (Chappy, Enright, Hodge, Pendles and Lake in my sights).

Thoughts?

18. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Sainters, I don't think you can blame the coaches for the Cats/Hawks/Freo bye.
    As for JRoo or Chappy, if you're going for League and you're going to cop donuts in the forward line you could most likely write the round off as a loss and wait the week for Chappy.

19. way2serious

way2serious New Member

hey all, have already posted this and thanks sausages for your opinion but anyone else has anything to throw in then pls go ahead.

what i am thinking is that so far i feel that i havent wasted any silly trades but i am not sure about this one as i dont see petie in the top 7 forwards for the year and so think this may be a waste of a trade. so if you dont mind throw in your two bobs on what you think of this.

i want to trade in Petrie and remove C Richo. for a start what do you think of this? is it a waste or not, it should make me atleast a bit of money.

my problem though is that i am 5k short of being able to do this and have no underperforming player i want to downgrade to a rookie.

so what i was thinking (i know it is very early on) but what do we think of removing duigan? he has some tough rounds coming up and is probably not going to be much over 300k by round 10 so is it worth getting him out for someone cheap? i was thinking luke thompson or hibberd. what are peoples thoughts on both of these players job security?

would this be wasting a couple of trades? opinions pls

ultimately it is looking like
    richardson>Petrie
    Duigan>hibberd or thompson

20. Corks

Corks Member

@way2 - Petrie won't be top 10 or 15 forwards come finals...had a great week, but don't get sucked in. Duigan has a BE of around 7 this week, so will go up again. IMO hold Duigs till the Carlton bye in R8, then double trade for a future top 7 back - Enright, Lake, Lids, or someone like that.

Droopy is like Lindsey Lohan...Great if you were riding early, but now just going to drain your wallet for little fun.