Round 7 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Quantum, May 8, 2012.

1. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Sam Reid from sydney is $246k. The guy is almost the best mark in the league...maybe without goodes he will be the focal point. mega bargain if he gets on a roll.

2. herb

herb New Member

Have so far had fyfe,Mumford,ablett and shaw. Now must contend with goodes. Will go magnet to horsley dug the dilemma is do I go goodes to Adams or Kennedy to Adams or even sideways to Johnson. Playing for leagues and sit 2/4. Help!

3. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from benstar94 on May 8, 2012, 13:19
    am going magner > horseley and stanley > ROK.........ROK seems to be building after a slow start</blockquote>

Have you seen O'Keefe's scores? Mid 80s doesn't cut it. Wait until he breaks the ton at least.

4. Quantum

Quantum New Member

Be careful Gary with that, he has been injured and horse has just come out and said he has only just been getting back into full training. Buyer beware.

On the other hand, if he is over the niggle, yes without goodes he will be hopefully a primary target up front for us, just needs to kick straight!

5. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

thanks Quantum - i agree, wont be doing it, just throwing it out there for the hystericals :)
    granted, i may regret not doing it in 4wks time.
    The guy scored plenty of 100's in preseason.

6. Philzsay

Philzsay New Member

I was briefly thinking of maybe trading in Charlie Dixon as a bit of POD compared to Horsley and Adams, on the bubble with be of -45, but then I took a look at his scores last year and quickly canned that idea...

7. Chicko

Chicko New Member

Have changed my mind a number of times already on this - can't believe how much sleep i'm losing on SC this year!

Scenario 1. Double downgrade like has been mentioned before, Goodes to Adams in FWD, and Magner to Horsely. But am keen to open Mid/Fwd link as i dont have it as yet. (could do this the week after by upgrading Shiel to Dangerfield)

Scenario 2 - Magner to Adams (open mid/fwd link), and Goodes to Dangerfield (recognising I miss Horsely). Next week downgrade Ellis to Spurr (if on the bubble) and upgrade Donuts Dickson to a Beams or like.

Thoughts?

8. Fez

Fez Moderator

I want to do an upgrade so I can only get one of Horsely or Adams who should I get

9. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Horsely

10. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Will Horsely still get the same opportunities when Gaz is back? I'm a little worried

This week, I'm thinking Goodes>Horsely

Then double upgrade next week
    Magner>Murphy
    Morris>Scotland/Waters/Hurn

11. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Can't see Horsely getting dropped any time soon at all regardless of who is set to make a return.

12. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Given Gaz is set to play more forward according to Bluey McKenna, Horsley is an even better option.

13. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Have gone Magner to Horsley this week, Stanley to Dangerfield. Or Beams. Haven't decided.

14. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

According the Hun, Adams may play a negating role on Ablett. That may not be so good for his scoring.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/now-go-and-stop-gary-ablett/story-fn7ec9f5-1226350330805

15. DT42

DT42 New Member

Like Chris88 I've gone Magnet to Horse and upgrading Stanley (thought this was going to be his year)
    Leaves me 450 for a FWD, thinking Stevie J (or Josh Hill)
    any others I should put on my short list?

16. Hi DT42, welcome aboard.

Firstly I suggest checking out my Best Buys article on the main page, hopefully you can find a couple of good ones in there.

Now that the shameless plug is out of the way,

Secondly I'd suggest looking at the double-downgrade option this week, 450K really isn't enough for a premium, and even the mid-priced options you can punt on as keepers are sitting around 500K currently. If you're set on an upgrade this week Stevie J is great value, but will carry some decent risks with him. Tomahawk definitely worth a look also

17. DT42

DT42 New Member

Thanks a lot, good to be on board and get some advice.
    I think I need the help,
    My first trade this year was Scotland out (shaky start after 2 rounds and dropping in value) with Dempsey in
    Result? Dempsey scores 6 and gets injured, Scotland smashes 120+ !

18. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I have just put this same comment in "Best Buys". FWIW, Coad (DEF)has been elevated to the Seniors list in place of Bock and Bluey has said he will play him this round against GWS.

19. I think everyone has at least one of those stories mate.

Last year I dropped yarran after the first game and picked up Browny the week before he did his face the second time. Good times

20. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from BlueBeliever on May 9, 2012, 14:56

Secondly I'd suggest looking at the double-downgrade option this week, 450K really isn't enough for a premium, and even the mid-priced options you can punt on as keepers are sitting around 500K currently. If you're set on an upgrade this week Stevie J is great value, but will carry some decent risks with him. Tomahawk definitely worth a look also</blockquote>

What about as a fwd though BB as it's a different story considering your F1 is currently only averaging 105.

Agree that 450k is stretching it a little, but between 440k - 480k you have the likes of Zaharakis, SJ, Hawkins, Tippett, Cloke, Boomer, ROK, Petrie, NRoo, Waite, Rioli, Martin and Tippett with most being reasonable choices as - at worst - a 95 averaging final F6 or F7.

Think the 500k guys who I assume you mean are Beams/Danger/Sidebum/Robinson are better than just 'mid price punts as keepers', as excluding these guys you are pretty much just left with Franklin, Roughead and Goodes.

Agree thought that from 440k downwards I dont see much value.