Rutherglen smashed Neptune Island and Nuytsland eased past Jan Juc to set up a clash of the current ORFFF and ORFFU ladder leaders in the Grand Final.
Home/Away/Team Records and Points Scored in 2017
Match 63 - aka the Big Dance
Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF (6-1, 9567) @tyze1 vs Nuytsland Vikings ORFFU (5-2, 9390)
- FF sides hold a 5-4 Head To Head record against the FU, which the Vikings can square at 5-5 and take the H2H on countback if they are good enough to take out the title
- Rutherglen finished a very, very, very unlucky 9th in their debut ORFFF season in 2016 folowing a staggering amount of losses by under 50, they recruited strongly trading youth and draft picks for established SC guns and after a Round 1 disaster scoring 1180 points the Fugs have notched 6 league wins on the trot at an average of 1406 pts while winning 5 knockout games on the side
- Unrecognisable from the rabble who won 6 games combined in 2014 and 2015 Nuytsland are poised to become a powerhouse of the ORFFU in 2017 and @bryzza has a side capable of bringing the Fugitives to justice and showing all fantasy coaches that their rebuild dreams can come true
- its #1 vs #3 on point scored in 2017 standings across the 70 ORFF* teams, so sit back and be prepared to be entertained by a titanic Grand Final clash
- good luck to both the coaches, their players and of course the fans and sponsors of the 2 participating clubs
How they got here - Rutherglen
Rd 3 - Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF 1376 def Warburton Wanderers ORFFL 1244 (132 points)
Rd 4 - Venus Bay Vultures ORFFA 1352 def by Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF 1472 (120 points)
Rd 5 - Foul Bay Chickens ORFFA 1314 def by Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF 1350 (36 points)
Rd 6 - Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF 1315 def Staghorn Flat Bulls ORFFU 1019 (296 points)
Rd 7 - Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF 1426 def Neptune Island Noahs ORFFF 1119 (307 points)
FU, FL and FA twice (including the comps 2 juggenaughts) then DESTROYING the defending ORFFF champions further forging an intense but developing rivalry that awaits chapters 3 and perhaps 4 later in 2017.
3 wins at home and 2 away, it hasn't mattered to the Fugitives @tyze 1 as they have won 4 matches comfortably and also performed under pressure to knockout the Chooks in Round 5.
Lead by Pendlebury, Martin, Cunnington, Cotchin and Macrae the Fugitives have stars backing them up all over the park (Harbrow, Hodge Shiel Salem Gunston Watts) and the pedigree and self belief to knockover the Vikings to earn the clubs first silverware. Selection will be crucial with a number of players knocking on the door. Rioli, Wells, Johnson and Parish all missed the Semi Final win and will be keen to make the team sheet for the Grand Final.
How they got here - Vikings
Rd 3 - bye
Rd 4 - Nuytsland Vikings ORFFU 1317 def Ivanhoe Knightriders ORFFL 1252 (65 points)
Rd 5 - Nuytsland Vikings ORFFU 1381 def Glenrowan Gunslingers ORFFL 1241 (140 points)
Rd 6 - Nuytsland Vikings ORFFU 1407 def Whitsunday Warriors ORFFA 1213 (194 points) - described as the game in which the side came of age in the ORFFU and knockout comps
Rd 7 - Jan Juc Ducks ORFFF 1141 def by Nuytsland Vikings ORFFU 1205 (64 points)
FL, FL, FA, FF, @bryzza's side have collected the full set en-route to the Grand Final and have shown their ability to play strong defence in knocking off Jan Juc on the road in the semi final. Shades of 2013 and 2015 have been reflected with dozens of Vikings fans heading over east by Nordic sea kayak in order to see their club play off for the title. Scalpers beware, the Vikings fans are known to show much savagery to those from the East (as well as fierce ORFFU rivals Southern Cross @eagle_eyed and Coolgardie @JPK) and they will be hoping that fan favourites Shuey, TMitchell, Montagna, and Roberton can do the same when the opening siren sounds.
The bookies have the Vikings as underdogs due to the likes of Green, Birchall and Rampe missing from their strongest possible lineup, but if they are able to get top shelf contributions from the veterans then young turks Heeney, Crouch, Ross, Viney & Petracca are all capable of making a name for themselves by playing the biggest games of their fantasy football lives on the biggest stage of all.
View attachment 787
Match 64 - 3rd Place Playoff and 2018 Champions League Qualifier
Neptune Island Noahs ORFFF (6-0, 7893) @That KI Guy vs Jan Uc Ducks ORFFF (6-0, 7893) @thokash
- the initial season of the ORFFF saw these two sides pairing off in Round 12 as Neptune Island managed a 1331 to 1289 win on the Ducks home patch with GAJ taking home maximum ORFFF "Dangerfield" Medal votes.
- they meet again in the league in Round 8 and this math will double up as the playoff for 3rd in the ORFF* knockout comp
- as outlined below in the comments this match will also qualify the victor for the 2018 ORFFF Champions League which will be an interleague competition for 2017's elite ORFF* sides.
- good luck gentlemen
That’s it from me, thanks very much for entering, enjoy the comp (where else will you se Ducks and Crocs locked in mortal combat), banter away if you please and may the best and/or luckiest team prevail, cheers TTH