Round 8 - 2017 ORFF* Knockout Grand Final

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Apr 7, 2017.

By TheTassieHawk on Apr 7, 2017 at 2:02 PM
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Rutherglen smashed Neptune Island and Nuytsland eased past Jan Juc to set up a clash of the current ORFFF and ORFFU ladder leaders in the Grand Final.

http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=20
    http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagueMatchday.php?leagueId=20&round=8

Home/Away/Team Records and Points Scored in 2017

Match 63 - aka the Big Dance
    Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF (6-1, 9567) @tyze1 vs Nuytsland Vikings ORFFU (5-2, 9390)
    - FF sides hold a 5-4 Head To Head record against the FU, which the Vikings can square at 5-5 and take the H2H on countback if they are good enough to take out the title
    - Rutherglen finished a very, very, very unlucky 9th in their debut ORFFF season in 2016 folowing a staggering amount of losses by under 50, they recruited strongly trading youth and draft picks for established SC guns and after a Round 1 disaster scoring 1180 points the Fugs have notched 6 league wins on the trot at an average of 1406 pts while winning 5 knockout games on the side
    - Unrecognisable from the rabble who won 6 games combined in 2014 and 2015 Nuytsland are poised to become a powerhouse of the ORFFU in 2017 and @bryzza has a side capable of bringing the Fugitives to justice and showing all fantasy coaches that their rebuild dreams can come true
    - its #1 vs #3 on point scored in 2017 standings across the 70 ORFF* teams, so sit back and be prepared to be entertained by a titanic Grand Final clash
    - good luck to both the coaches, their players and of course the fans and sponsors of the 2 participating clubs

How they got here - Rutherglen
    Rd 3 - Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF 1376 def Warburton Wanderers ORFFL 1244 (132 points)
    Rd 4 - Venus Bay Vultures ORFFA 1352 def by Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF 1472 (120 points)
    Rd 5 - Foul Bay Chickens ORFFA 1314 def by Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF 1350 (36 points)
    Rd 6 - Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF 1315 def Staghorn Flat Bulls ORFFU 1019 (296 points)
    Rd 7 - Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF 1426 def Neptune Island Noahs ORFFF 1119 (307 points)

FU, FL and FA twice (including the comps 2 juggenaughts) then DESTROYING the defending ORFFF champions further forging an intense but developing rivalry that awaits chapters 3 and perhaps 4 later in 2017.

3 wins at home and 2 away, it hasn't mattered to the Fugitives @tyze 1 as they have won 4 matches comfortably and also performed under pressure to knockout the Chooks in Round 5.

Lead by Pendlebury, Martin, Cunnington, Cotchin and Macrae the Fugitives have stars backing them up all over the park (Harbrow, Hodge Shiel Salem Gunston Watts) and the pedigree and self belief to knockover the Vikings to earn the clubs first silverware. Selection will be crucial with a number of players knocking on the door. Rioli, Wells, Johnson and Parish all missed the Semi Final win and will be keen to make the team sheet for the Grand Final.

How they got here - Vikings
    Rd 3 - bye
    Rd 4 - Nuytsland Vikings ORFFU 1317 def Ivanhoe Knightriders ORFFL 1252 (65 points)
    Rd 5 - Nuytsland Vikings ORFFU 1381 def Glenrowan Gunslingers ORFFL 1241 (140 points)
    Rd 6 - Nuytsland Vikings ORFFU 1407 def Whitsunday Warriors ORFFA 1213 (194 points) - described as the game in which the side came of age in the ORFFU and knockout comps
    Rd 7 - Jan Juc Ducks ORFFF 1141 def by Nuytsland Vikings ORFFU 1205 (64 points)

FL, FL, FA, FF, @bryzza's side have collected the full set en-route to the Grand Final and have shown their ability to play strong defence in knocking off Jan Juc on the road in the semi final. Shades of 2013 and 2015 have been reflected with dozens of Vikings fans heading over east by Nordic sea kayak in order to see their club play off for the title. Scalpers beware, the Vikings fans are known to show much savagery to those from the East (as well as fierce ORFFU rivals Southern Cross @eagle_eyed and Coolgardie @JPK) and they will be hoping that fan favourites Shuey, TMitchell, Montagna, and Roberton can do the same when the opening siren sounds.

The bookies have the Vikings as underdogs due to the likes of Green, Birchall and Rampe missing from their strongest possible lineup, but if they are able to get top shelf contributions from the veterans then young turks Heeney, Crouch, Ross, Viney & Petracca are all capable of making a name for themselves by playing the biggest games of their fantasy football lives on the biggest stage of all.

View attachment 787
    -------------------

Match 64 - 3rd Place Playoff and 2018 Champions League Qualifier
    Neptune Island Noahs ORFFF (6-0, 7893) @That KI Guy vs Jan Uc Ducks ORFFF (6-0, 7893) @thokash

- the initial season of the ORFFF saw these two sides pairing off in Round 12 as Neptune Island managed a 1331 to 1289 win on the Ducks home patch with GAJ taking home maximum ORFFF "Dangerfield" Medal votes.
    - they meet again in the league in Round 8 and this math will double up as the playoff for 3rd in the ORFF* knockout comp
    - as outlined below in the comments this match will also qualify the victor for the 2018 ORFFF Champions League which will be an interleague competition for 2017's elite ORFF* sides.
    - good luck gentlemen

That’s it from me, thanks very much for entering, enjoy the comp (where else will you se Ducks and Crocs locked in mortal combat), banter away if you please and may the best and/or luckiest team prevail, cheers TTH

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 6
?

Who will win the inaugural TS ORFF* Knockout Comp Grand Final

Poll closed May 14, 2017.
  1. Rutherglen Fugitives (ORFFF) to win by 51 or more

50.0%
  2. Rutherglen Fugitives (ORFFF) to win by 1-50 points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Nuytsland Vikings (ORFFU) to win by 1-50 points

50.0%
  4. Nuytsland Vikings (ORFFU) to win by 51 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Apr 7, 2017.

• Tags:
    1. anthak
      anthak
      posting this here because it covers multiple comps..
      I managed to play against Jarrad Waite in both my ORFF leagues this week! He wasnt the difference in either game as I comfortably lost both, but still hows that for luck.

Also, well done to the 2 finalists in the knockout comp! FU v FF :)
    2. JPK
      JPK
      Great work by the winning teams.
      I'll be throwing my support behind @bryzza this week. Car'n the FU
      • Like Like x 3
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Semi Final/AFL Round 7 results are up on the knockouts page
      http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=20&round=7

but also pasted here for easy reference

Rutherglen Fugitives ORFFF 1426 def Neptune Island Noahs ORFFF 1119 – another club record as Rutherglen dispatches the Noahs by 307 points

Jan Juc Ducks ORFFF 1141 def by Nuytsland Vikings ORFFU 1205 – the Vikings do just enough to get through against the Ducks and ride the wave of ORFFU and non aligned support

Commiserations to @That KI Guy and @thokash who have both agreed to a 3rd place match at Neptune Island, which co-incidentally is their exact matchup in the ORFFF this week so that league match will have a little extra riding on it.

So that it is not bragging rights only I’ll throw a carrot to the 3rd Place match winner with guaranteed entry to a 12 or 16 team ORFFF Champions League competition (along with Rutherglen and Nuytsland) to be held in mid-2018, while the loser will need to qualify through their league or by winning the 2018 ORFF* Knockout comp.

Congrats to @tyze1 and @bryzza for deservedly making the Grand Final. If both of you can check and respond to your pms I will hopefully have time for a decent intro to next week’s match befitting the sheep stations on offer.

full match details posted will be posted above in a refreshed OP and per
      http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=20
      http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagueMatchday.php?leagueId=20&round=8
      (ie @Len – can you please put both matches into the Fixture when uploading to TS Leagues)

Almost Final League vs League stats
      The FF managed 1 win in the derby to reach 17 so far (def FA 8-4, def FU 5-4, def FL 3-2)
      The FA nabbed 14 wins (def FL 5-2, FU 4-1, lt FF 8-4)
      The FU also notched another win to move to 10 so far (def FL 4-2, lt FF 5-4, lt FA 4-1)
      The FL scraped together 7 wins (lt FF 3-2, lt FU 4-2, lt FA 5-2)

Updated Head to Heads with future matches listed are as follows:-
      FF 5 FU 4 Match 63 = the Grand Final (Rutherglen vs Nuytsland)
      FF8 FA 4, FA 5 FL 2, FU 4 FL2, FA 4 FU 1, FF 3 FL 2 – will play again next year
      • Like Like x 1
    4. thokash
      thokash
      Just checking in now, I thought I was no chance with Stringer and Robinson both injured and scoring in the 20's, then Birchall went down early in the 1st quarter and I had just a slight chance again, but it wasn't to be. Congrats to @bryzza. To think I would have beaten Neptune Island too!
    5. tyze1
      tyze1
      ORFF* Knockout Grand Final
      Rutherglen v Nuytsland

Fugitives Team Announcement:

One change to the side that stitched up the Noahs last week, Wood the late in for Wells last week gets the chop (despite his 117 points) as Wells returns for the big dance!

In: Wells
      Out: Wood

B: Macmillan, Salem, Hodge, Harbrow (Johnson)
      M: Pendlebury, Cotchin, Shiel, Cunnington (Parish)
      R: Martin
      F: Macrae, Lynch, Gunston, Watts (Rioli)
      I: Lewis, Wells (Wood)

All the best @bryzza the season's first silverware is up for grabs in what shapes as an absolute cracker of a game.
      • Like Like x 3
    6. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      The GF sides have lined up as follows:-

grand final sides.png
      • Like Like x 1
    7. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      and the 3rd place match is also as follows -
      3rd place match.png
    8. anthak
      anthak
      All the best to Ben Cunnington and perhaps Cyril Rioli in the grand final, who left Heard Island in the offseason looking for better opportunities for success and already have a chance for that.
    9. bryzza
      bryzza
      As the underdogs we will come out swinging as savages do......our fight will be to the end , let the victors go the spoils good luck

Out Birchall
      In Kent

Def. Montagna Boyd Willams Roberton ( Howe )
      Mid. Viney Sheuy MItchell Crouch
      Ruc. Grundy
      Fwd. Heeney Motlop Mclean Petracca ( young )
      Int. Ross Kent ( Miles )
      Last edited: May 13, 2017
      • Like Like x 1
    10. bryzza
      bryzza
      @tyze1
      Slow start for the Vikings 284
      Sheuy 93
      Boyd 75
      Mclean 73
      Williams 43
      • Like Like x 1
    11. bryzza
      bryzza
      Two large ton takes Vikings 707
      Mitchell 135
      Ross 129
      Roberton 84
      Montagna 75
      • Like Like x 1
    12. tyze1
      tyze1
      @bryzza Fugitives are 646 / 7 - its tightening up
      • Like Like x 1
    13. bryzza
      bryzza
      Vikings 1259/14/89 probably not enough, with only Heeney to play can he score 130 to keep it interesting
      Grundy 82
      Motlop 86
      Crouch 77
      Viney 130
      Petracca 117
      Kent 60
      • Like Like x 1
    14. tyze1
      tyze1
      This one is going to the wire - 878 / 10 / 88
      Nuytsland have the score on the board
      • Like Like x 2
    15. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      In what has already been a see-sawing Grand Final I have it as Cotchin, Harbrow and Tom J Lynch (combined average in 2017 of 307) up next for the Fugitives in the early and afternoon games as they seek to narrow a 381 point Vikings lead before Jamie McMillan and ex Shag Ben Cunnington (combined average in 2017 of 172) take the field against Nuytsland's Isaac Heeney (2017 average 99) with the title well and truly on the line for the ORFFF and ORFFU's finest in the round's final match.

Game on @bryzza and @tyze1 - based on 2017 averages the match is currently anticipated to be a 1 point contest in the Vikings favour and it would be great to get some progress scores (unofficial via FanFooty or otherwise) during the final afternoon as this match draws towards a dramatic conclusion.
      • Like Like x 5
    16. anthak
      anthak
      Wow, thats cool. What a game!
      • Like Like x 3
    17. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 2
    18. tyze1
      tyze1
      • Like Like x 1
    19. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      @bryzza, @tyze1
      Despite Harbrow tonning up with Heeney on 77 at HT and outscoring the NM duo combined the GF is heading towards a resounding Vikings victory.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. bryzza
      bryzza
      I got my wish Heeney 130 :) I can taste the chocolates
      • Like Like x 1