Round 8 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, May 8, 2011.

1. Adamer

Adamer New Member

For me it's OUT: Heppel & Matera, IN: Poupolo (pending selection) & O'Keefe.

Heppel is going well but has pretty much peaked in price. The dons have a bye in round 24 so in my opinion there is little use in keeping him when I'm going for a league title. The cash can be better spent elsewhere.

The following two weeks I'll try to bring in Pav, Chappy, Isaac Smith & Mzungu (maybe) by culling Krak, Curnow, Tapscott & Richardson.

2. Corks

Corks Member

Adamer - wouldn't be swapping Heppell for ROK. no improvement in score, and Heppel is continuing to pyush out 90+ scores. Guys like Heppell, Curnow, Lower, Z Smith and Darling are worth keeping for now while they are regular performers, and upgrade them closer to finals.

Surely you have lesser performers you can cashin fist, like Swallow, Harris, Tapscott, Libba, Pettard, etc.

3. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Wouldn't be swapping out Harris, performing quite well and surely is a regular. Tappy also.

But I agree with Corks, rather keep Heppell than trade him off to ROK. Best to look at another player if you do want ROK

4. FoxSportsNews

FoxSportsNews New Member

I think my said is finally coming together after this week looking at 2150+ and 2200+ if my remaining players can get 100 or so.
    <blockquote></blockquote>
    Come on Lenny, give a good fight
    Lay some crunching tackles in the game tonight

5. way2serious

way2serious New Member

@FNS
    lenny hayes? is that who you are talking about?
    because he is injured atm

6. stowie

stowie Moderator

At the moment thinking Knights down to I.Smith or Harper and Curnow up to Pendles.

7. way2serious

way2serious New Member

FSN** my bad :)

8. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Yeah....Lenny's done for the season...

9. Adamer

Adamer New Member

Corks- Hmmm...I see what you are saying, it makes sense. However, in my opinion the better scoring rookies (Heppell, Curnow, Lower etc) are the first that should be used for trades if they have peaked in price, unless they are keepers. This gets you the cash earlier for upgrades. I like to let the 'lesser performers' slow burn and give them more time to peak in price. Its more of a long term strategy for the league win, would be different if going for overall.

10. CHUD

CHUD New Member

<blockquote>Quote from hippy on May 8, 2011, 19:12
    Have you got d/f? Then you could swap him for pedersen or maybe puopolo.

Otherwise I'd wait for mzungu.

Mckernan's &#36; willl still rise a bit. And I reckon Mzungu will perform better than patrick.</blockquote>

unfortunately dont have the d/f link. i think ill take your advice and wait for mzungu. the other factor is that ive already got prestia, matera in my fwd line. another gc player isnt something i need.

thanks!!

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

FSN do u know something te entire footy world doesn't re Lenny!!!

12. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

Jobe Watson continues to perform 148 today now has an average of 120, he has dropped a bit in price and looks good at &#36;504k, has a bye in a few weeks so is anybody keen on him and if so would you get him now with games v Brisbane and Richmond or wait till after his bye in round 10?
    Round 24 bye isnt ideal but as long as injurys arent a worry by then and you have some trades you have a free crack at any mid in the comp if your in a GF or pushing for overall

13. Corks

Corks Member

Tough decision the balance between score and trade value. On Heppell, he will go up &#36;20k this week and &#36;15k next, so still rising. What's more, next 2 weeks are Brisbane Bears (yes, they are now reverting officially to the bears given that's how they play) and then the Tigers. Both are opportunities for big scores, so I would hold him till the Essendon Bye then consider the trade. Definitely a good D6 / D7 for mid-term rather than trade.

I'm going to hold Curnow for the time being as well, as he is the perfect M6 to go with Swan, Judd, Pendlebury, Selwood and Pavlich. Look to upgrade him later for Ablett / Hodge / Boyd running into finals. Will be sacrificing Harris and Swallow to get this midfield, but think Curnow is a better keeper for now than either of them, even though his price won't change dramatically.

Ditto Darling up forward as F7, so Tapscott gets sacrificed for Chappy in a week or 2.

Not all will agree, but that's my theory (this week anyway).

14. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

Does anybody else think that maybe Curnow could be very injury prone? He has both shoulders taped, broke a leg last year.
    Just thinking he could be risky to keep as back up later in the year

15. Corks

Corks Member

Andrew...agree with Jobe. Great form and looking like pretty much Elite this year. Problem is the GF, so you need to keep a trade for that week to swap him. I got burned in the GF last year, like many, when there were injuries and restings all over the place,used 2 trades and still munched 2 GF donuts to go down by 150 points. Ouch.

Once bitten twice shy - Right now am planning to be Essendon free come finals.

16. spud

spud New Member

<blockquote>Quote from AndrewW on May 8, 2011, 21:04
    He has both shoulders taped, broke a leg last year.
    </blockquote>

I'd be more concerned about the medical staff if their solution to a broken leg is to tape the players shoulders :p

17. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Clearly Grimes needed more preventative tape.

18. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

For me it looks like
    Libba > I. Smith
    Matera/Richardson > Goodes/Pav

Was going to get Chappy this week but will let him bottom out after a disappointing score this week.

Round 9 for me looks like
    Toy/Duigan > Puopolo
    Matera/Richardson > Mzungu

Aim is to get Swallow/Harris up to Watson and Petrie to Chappy in Round 11.

At this stage Curnow/Heppell/Darling will be my keepers for this year.

Thoughts?

19. jb

jb New Member

Sainterz Keepers are what you think are Top 7 scorers at end of year players - if possible.
    Those 3 are highly doubtful.

20. Pecks

Pecks New Member

Not much talk of Boyd as upgrade. Money well spent at 550k?