Round 8 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, May 8, 2011.

1. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

my grimes trade is possible atm for rawlings.. but not 100% sure yet
    what do people think, hes droped 100k this season. he is a performer in years gone past can he get back to it?
    i have delids so the prospect of newman is worrying, like im banking on richmond doing well in most of there games, with a richmond mid and fwd too

2. Midge001

Midge001 Member

@Nick, Smith is a difficult one, but if Rioli comes back AND Smith is still selected I'd say that's an indication he may be around for a while.
    It'd be stiff to cut him after the way he played, what I think might hold in his favour is that he is the exact player Hawthorn thrive on. They play their best when they've got somebody quick and energetic to pump up the team. I think it's probably him or Hibberd of those options, pending selection. Hibberd looks to be more of a slow-burning type, Smith looks like he might take off a little faster.
    Poops would be a good bet in the defense (of the available options)
    I'm still tossing up between Stanley to Poops or Conca to Smith...and probably will be doing so right up until 7:39 Friday night.

3. Tino

Tino Member

@Markaninos

Rawlings is one that I am looking at for Grimes too.

My thoughts:

Shaw > Adcock > Rawlings

Already have Lids, Enright, Goddard, Gibbs and Heppell holding the fort.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Thanks Midge. Are you upgrading Curnow like many as well?

Hibberd vs I Smith will be a toughie this round. I may just hold onto Brodie Smith for the GC game I think...

Not so sure on Rawlings, only premium I'd touch at North is Boomer and at a stretch Swallow. But would be a POD.

5. Midge001

Midge001 Member

I actually offloaded Curnow in round 6 for 311k. I figured most would be trading him in the bye-week so I was hoping it'd give me a bit of a jump on them.
    I was expecting to miss maybe 20-30k on the early move, but it worked out a bit better than that with the injury, so compared to most this week I'm not in a position where I need a mid upgrade so I'm not losing as much covering Grimes.
    Having said that, I am half tempted to cop a weak backline for a week, trade Grimes to a rookie and upgrade Conca to Boyd or Mundy, that would leave me with Swan, Pendles, Judd, Selwood, Boyd, and Chapman with Harris my main bench player.
    That would give me an extra week to look at Smith, if he goes well he'll come in for Darling and with his MPP let me get Chapman in to the forward line, Harris as R6 then upgrade to a premium defender to plug the gap back there.

6. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

unfortunately cant wait a week on Smith (going to be out of the country next week) is he worth bringing in if selected or does he not have good enough JS to bring in at this stage?

who would be best to downgrade to him, Swallow, Harris, Matera, Mckernan (have 1 M/F link but have 3 more in fwd so another link could be useful)

and also who would be the best out of Watson & Mundy?

7. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

I have both Grimes and Curnow and have changed my plans based on this. Let me know your thoughts.

This week: C Richardson to I Smith (hoping he gets games), Curnow to Mundy

Leave Grimes on ice for a week as I should be able to cover

After Rd 8: Grimes and Toy for hibberd/poop and Adcock

After Rd 9: Swallow and Matera for Pav and Mzungu perhaps or whatever else is on offer.

Offload some of the GC boys and start to sure up the lines.

8. Midge001

Midge001 Member

@AndrewW Either Swallow or Harris will be sitting around the 350 mark in a few weeks, Swallow is worth more now, so if you want the extra link I'd go with him.
    As for Watson/Mundy...Watson has 2 byes to come, one in the GF if you're going for league. Mundy only has one bye and it's in a multi-bye round.
    Mundy for me.

9. Quantum

Quantum New Member

So Higgins is set to miss this week too! I said last week if he is out again then im giving him the axe and now its falling.

I also have Grimes, but am gonna get some cash behind me and trade him out next week, have cover for him this week.

Im planning on downgrading Higgins to Smith, risky i know but i am confident if he is named this week with Rioli then he will see some game time.

Then i am planning to upgrade Conca to a premium.

With enough money to upgrade him to any mid, who would be recommended? Im thinking of getting in Selwood as i reckon he has bottomed out.

But i am also thinking of Swan as i dont have him in my team yet...

10. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

Andrew it depends, i would like to have mundy but i have 4 Freo players at the moment so im a little heavy. Both are having really good seasons at this stage.
    Freo have GC Rnd 15
    Depends on your bank.

At this stage
    Im going Grimes out, Adcock in
    Curnow out, Jobe Watson/Boyd/Swan In

11. WLF

WLF New Member

I'll be trading out Curnow for Swan.

Might wait one more week to decide on Pupuolo & Smith

Did i see correct the number 1 ranked team in the land doesn't have Swan or Pendlebury!!

12. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Curnow is in my sights for an upgrade just wondering which cow to cull as all have low B/E's
    Choices are:
    Stanley(1 week early),
    Lower(possible bench keeper)
    Batchelor(Cash to be made after last performance)
    Harris(Possible bench keeper)
    Krakouer(More cash to be made here and MPP very handy)
    Tapscott( $$$$)
    Matera(????)
    Darling(Looked great until this weeks score)
    All these cows look like maxing out around the same rounds.
    Close to a semi complete side(If I ever get them all out on the park)
    Looking at getting in Mundy as it was planned, giving me mids of Swan, Watson, Boyd, Mundy, Chapman, Harris/Krak V2011.
    My team will need two more rookie M/F players to get Chapman, Higgins in their right spots leaving room for 2 more Mids later.

Think it will be Matera down to rookie M/F but do I take a risk on Mzungu or go for I.Smith after 1 game.
    I did this last week on Hibberd and it left me short on emergency options.
    Next week H.Shaw in for Stanley and another round of who to downgrade to and from. Hopefully Jacobs is named soon.
    And Whats the news out of Adelaide on Callinan???

Gotta remind myself to be ruthless and not get attached to these rookies.......

13. Clutties

Clutties New Member

My problem with ALL rookies mentioned is Job Security. At some stage you have to stop downgrading for the cash. I have already reached this stage. Unfortunately I've been stung early with injuries & spuds, & am already down to 16 trades. So I want to have some confidence that the rookies I bring into the side are going to stick around -to cover byes & just general bench warming duties. Heppell, Duigan, Harris, Darling & Zac Smith all might be 'keepers' for mine. But still need to move on some LTI's. Still have Coad on my bench! And now Grimes! So Just wondering who might have better JS out of Watson, Hibberd, Poops, Pedersen? Might let the Pedersen ship sail & see what happens with this weeks scores & next weeks teams.

Being a Blues supporter I'm a bit tempted by the possibility of Watson. Ratten axed Simon White before the StKilda game & replaced him with Thornton. I think if Watson gets another chance he might be ahead of these two, & Laidler, when it comes to team selection. But I really don't want Duigan AND Watson in my backline. Am going to keep Danny Stanley as my 'Gold Coast Bench Fodder', so don't want another Sun either. So who has better JS? Puopolo or Hibberd??? Retzlaff anyone?!

14. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Everyone is at the same cross-roads maybe we should start asking this question to the 'soothsayers' out there.

"Which rookies up and coming will have the best job security leading into the second half of the the season, for possible bench coverage?"

Two that spring to mind if fit are Mzungu and Jacobs, both being highly rated. Smith looked good but I've got big questions over him playing later in the year.

One I'm not keen on is Pederson(too many big guys in side) and time to chase low B/E's is a bit late, unless you are planning for finished side in round 24, or League wins.

15. The_General

The_General Member

Here's an interesting one:

1. Grimes=>Poops and Curnow=>Swan.
    Adds 188pts (based on averages) and $130k left over.

2. Curnow=>I. Smith and Grimes=>Enright/Other
    Adds 184pts and $270k left over.

Option one has the potential to go massive if Swan is (C) and goes big, whereas option 2 allows for potentially 2 upgrades next week.

P.S I. Smith would swap with Krak into FWDS and then swapped with Tappy/Darling to come onto the field. For Poops, its either him or Toy on the field.

Thoughts?

16. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

General, nice plan im warming to it either way. Given i have Swan i like option 2 into Enright (he was on my target list) leaving my side with $308k in the bank for upgrades.

My thoughts are however to wait a week on Enright as he hasnt bottomed out yet and Smith will sit on the pine anyway so he can wait another week too.

17. Tino

Tino Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_General on May 10, 2011, 22:46
    Here's an interesting one:

1. Grimes=>Poops and Curnow=>Swan.
    Adds 188pts (based on averages) and &#36;130k left over.

2. Curnow=>I. Smith and Grimes=>Enright/Other
    Adds 184pts and &#36;270k left over.

Option one has the potential to go massive if Swan is (C) and goes big, whereas option 2 allows for potentially 2 upgrades next week.

P.S I. Smith would swap with Krak into FWDS and then swapped with Tappy/Darling to come onto the field. For Poops, its either him or Toy on the field.

Thoughts?</blockquote>

Isnt it a little early to take I Smith's avg into account using your formula?

18. Pecks

Pecks New Member

Need some advice please. Thinking of trading Grimes to Shaw (no brainer), but instead of worring about Curnow for a couple of weeks, dumping an unreliable Higgins (who is also having a bye in the finals) and jumping on Jobe Watson before he jumps 20k (BE 73, AVG 120). What do you think dudes? It's either that option or Grimes > Shaw and Curnow > O'Keefe who's cheaper (but why? Is O'Keefe a dud this year?
    Appreciate any feedback wize gurus....

19. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@Pecks
    I may not be the guru that you're looking for, but I've also had my eye on O'Keefe, and I think he might be an ok pick (dropped 40k, BE 81, avg 100). He's not going to make the top 7 fwds or mids for the year, but as a cheaper option and someone who has a good average (although all over the shop for high and low scores), it may be worth the trouble.
    One thing to watch with Watson is that after Brissie this week he has few real "easy" games, and two byes still to come.
    Personally, I think I'll be getting on O'Keefe's (is that too many apostrophes in one name???) bandwagon...

20. Midge001

Midge001 Member

@Pecks Higgins bye comes the week before the finals, mate. Not saying it's not worth unloading him, but if that's your main reason you might want to re-think. If he plays this week I'd probably keep him, if not I'd lose him.
    Make sure you get rid of Curnow before he plays again, though. His score of 14 will see his price drop rapidly when he gets back on the park.