Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. weazel

weazel Member

@Tino lower has highest be of the lot but can understand matera trade also depends on your trade down target too

2. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Ok guys this is where I'm at...

Need to to strengthen my backline. Have Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Lower, Duigan, Nicoski, McKernan, Batchelor, Toy and Hunt.

Short of Gaz and Chappy, my midfield is going great guns. Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Judd, Fyfe, Mundy, D.Swallow, Harris and Polec. The last three are my cows that will be slashed to assist elsewhere i.e. this week in my back line.

I'm thinking of going D.Swallow > Hibberd and then Batchelor > Shaw.

Should I go for Shaw or someone else?

Thoughts?

3. blankmc

blankmc New Member

This week i am thinking:
    out swallow, knights
    in swan, T Lynch

i know lynch has the bye but i doubt Knights will get his BE of 91 against Collingwood and i dont want to lose value. And as i already have 630k in bank this extra money in the trade will allow for pav, enright and pendles all to make way into team without downgrades.
    Are these good trades to make?

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Tino

Personally, I'd cull Lower out of those 6 players - has a B/E of 64 and an average of 76 - to me,that's near on culling time for him!!!

Matera - B/E: 32 - Ave: 67
    Tapscott - B/E: 38 - Ave: 77
    Darling - B/E: 54 - Ave: 83
    Krakouer - B/E: 8 - Ave: 77
    Batchelor - B/E: 2 - Ave: 55

5. torcida

torcida Member

blankmc - havin all that $ in the bank is probably costing u 200-300 pts every week

6. blankmc

blankmc New Member

torcida
    i got it last week did two downgrades went harris and curnow out smith and jacobs in early calls but needed the flexibilty for cover plus the cash comes in handy now

7. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bearfly on May 16, 2011, 19:31
    Tino

Personally, I'd cull Lower out of those 6 players - has a B/E of 64 and an average of 76 - to me,that's near on culling time for him!!!

Matera - B/E: 32 - Ave: 67
    Tapscott - B/E: 38 - Ave: 77
    Darling - B/E: 54 - Ave: 83
    Krakouer - B/E: 8 - Ave: 77
    Batchelor - B/E: 2 - Ave: 55</blockquote>

Sound thinking there, but the other week it was meant to be the week when we all had to get rid of Duigan who had a BE of 80. He came out and got 111 from memory.

Given Freo is playing Port, one would assume Lower would easily get his BE.

8. jdOzman

jdOzman New Member

@FixEmUp I reckon Shaw is a good option if you have the cash.

My backline also needs attention, but I'm short on cash, so my current thinking is:
    FWD Out: Rioli In: I.Smith (frees up a good sum of cash for future week upgrades too, + I'm a little spooked about his injury chances and move back to fwd line)
    DEF Out: Stanley In: Suckling (did have Shaw in mind but Suckling is 100k cheaper and should allow me 3 upgrades in the next 2 weeks instead of only 2).

Thoughts ?

9. bama

bama Active Member

Next 2 weeks for me at this stage are

Maters to I smith
    Swallow to hodge

Next week
    Conca to Jacobs
    Krak to ablett

This will leave me with 13 trades and my mids finished and my worst forward Petrie with darling and Harris f8/m7. Still need 2 upgrades in the back line.

10. weazel

weazel Member

@fixemup as long as your happy with that amount of pies players maybe adcock suckling fisher(goddard issue) and if your braver than me bob murphy or chaplin not consistent but can go big

11. weazel

weazel Member

@Blankmc why not go both up to guns lynch has the bye so trade another next week

12. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

@weazel

Perhaps Adcock for a POD.

13. weazel

weazel Member

@FixEmUp i have him been good for me so far touch wood (hope the injury curse stays away)

14. weazel

weazel Member

i just don't like to load up on one team to much been burnt a few times in seasons past (stk geel) missed half my side when they rested them so am wary now but each to there own just on bris they have multi bye in rnd 19 which may influence your decision

15. The_General

The_General Member

There doesn't seem to be a lot of love out here for Enright. Yes he has had a couple of bad weeks but at low 400k he is a steal. He also goes well against Carlton and at Etihad. Fisher and Shaw are just as up and down and will come down sooner or later.

Buy low sell high isn't that the aim here (except maybe points of course)?

16. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Enright is an option and one I will definitely consider.

17. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

Im thinking Matera/Tapscott > I.Smith

Then Harris > Priddis

There doesnt seem much love for him, A good POD and watching West Coast yesterday, they are a top 8 side.

Matera or Tapscott ??

18. The_General

The_General Member

Matera, his high scores have been due to match winning goals. Can't keep that up.

19. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Need to bring in 2 back prems (or 1 rookie) for B.Smith & Grimes.

At the moment its out of 3 guys (because I can't have Fisher or Scotland, already have Shaw):
    Adcock
    Enright
    Deledio

Now atm I have cash to get any of the 3 but I am musing about the possibilities. My big question is with Deledio have one less game to play is it worth jumping on the Adcock train? Other than those guys its a case of looking at the other poisoned chalices like Newman (same situation as Lids), Rawlings (gormless), Duffield (lost), Broughton (brittle).

Or, I could upgrade Grimes and then downgrade Smith to someone like Poop if he's playing. This would allow me to still have cash in hand for next week to get in Ablett. Damn Grimes..completely wrecked any momentum I have had combine him with Richardson/Higgins/Green I've had to make 4 changes now to try and get a decent team.

20. The_General

The_General Member

If you can do a double premium upgrade do it. Yes I do think Lids is the one to get. Has the potential to go 130+ which I don't think Adcock has.