Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I'm looking at:

Curnow > I Smith
    Swallow > Mundy

Leaves me with only Swan to get to finish my mids (after his bye), then get Pav into my forwards next week to finish them, Shaw to finish my defense and swap Ryder to Sandi and team is finished with 6 trades left for LTI's & finals!

2. blankmc

blankmc New Member

@weazel i know lynch has the bye but i have cover and i think knights has peaked BE is 90 + against collingwood and i dont want to lose money on that.

3. blankmc

blankmc New Member

actually your right i mite go
    matera to pav
    swallow to swan
    still have 170k in bank

next week
    knights to lynch gives me about 350-400 k
    upgrade duigan to enright
    libba to pendles

4. seano24

seano24 New Member

I'm looking to bolster my fwds. I have plenty of gun mids so I was looking at trading Curnow a for DPP. I was thinking of Mzungu or Isaac Smith as cash cows to then use my surplus and trade Hale for a gun DPP like Pav, Chappy, Boomer or Sylvia. Or should I look at a premium ruckman? (I have Sandilands, Zac Smith, Derickx and Hale/Petrie) Any ideas?

5. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

Went Richardson to I smith and curnow to mundy last week.
    This week its Toy to Hibbard and Grimes to Fisher. Can't really go past him after last week. Already have shaw and diledio. I think fisher is a better bet than adcock.

18 trades left and going hard over the next few weeks while these rookies approach high BE's. Have tappscott, Matera, markovic, mckernan, krak, all to off load.

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@mo_cheeks
    I reckon Hibberd has a lot less job security than Puopolo at the moment. Consider Toy to Puopolo instead of Hibberd perhaps?

7. The_General

The_General Member

Probably agree with Jason, although check Poops' injury first.

8. mo_cheeks

mo_cheeks New Member

Thanks Jason, General.

I know there is other potentials, however I have Heppell in the mids and want to get him down back permanently. I think he's a keeper if he can manage to not be rested. Maybe a late upgrade come finals.

Jacobs is the other, but nothing to write home about on this weeks performance.

My team looks something like this (lets say I make these trades) if you have any other thoughts:
    Shaw, Goddard, Gibbs, Diledio, Lower, Fisher, Heppell, (Pedersen, Markovic, Mckernan)

Swan, Mundy, Boyd, Selwood, Boak, Harris, (Hibberd, Iles, Swallow)

Cox, Sandi (Smith)

Franklin, N Reiwoldt, Goodes, Harvey, Darling, Higgins, Krak, (Tapscott, I Smith, Matera)

9. Muttley

Muttley New Member

Anybody considering putting Jobe Watson out due to his injury ?. He's got the bye in Rnd 10, and with noises sounding like hes got 3 weeks out, he'll miss 2 games. He's also got the bye in Rnd 24 (league GF week), is it an option to put him out now, and replace with a Mundy (had bye and other bye is in a multi week) or a Boyd etc ?.

Or is that silly talk and leave Watson on Bench until he's repaired.

Similar scenario Hurley. Same price now as at start, missed last game, missing next game, then a bye ?. Does he go in the gun ?. Any honest opinion welcome. I'm only interested in league wins, overall not for me.

@Mo Cheeks, I reckon Hibberd will get games with injuries at the Dons. Check Poop's injury status. Good luck.

10. The_General

The_General Member

Muttley,

If you have had Watson since the start I reckon look at moving him on for Mundy. If you have traded him in recently, that is too many trades so leave him on the bench.

All I know is Essendon will not take any chances with either him or Hurley so watch out.

11. Muttley

Muttley New Member

Thanks General, nah, I've had him since the start, fancied him to have a big year, this injury's hurt my plans a bit. Mmm, same with Hurley. They both might go this week then. Bugger it.

Will wait for accurate injury news, but not looking good. This bloody game, get close to settled in one department....

12. banz

banz New Member

ROK is a bargain guys, $415 with an average of 102, Jack out for another 5 or so weeks, think Midfield, thoughts?

13. DC

DC Member

Hey Muttley

Hold the trade on Watson..

You picked him up for a reason and that is for him to score even better this year (which he has been doing) as he has added goal kicking to his game).

Ask yourself this question, If it was Ablett last year missing for two games would you trade him? The answer is No.

The fact that you are going for a league win is another reason to keep him - Just trade him out round 24 (If you make the Granny).

Could be back against Melb :)

On Hurley...

He can produce scores of 50 one week and 100 the next...

He will miss the next few weeks and there are some good upgrade options in the backline this week and I suggest upgrade him!

14. The_General

The_General Member

Yeah banz ROK has certainly picked up a bit in the last few weeks. Might be a good pickup. Just check that he doesn't clash with too many other premiums in your team for the next bye.

15. jathkel

jathkel New Member

@banz - looking at Goodes into midfield over ROK. Both are cheap.

Liking R Murphy as a def unique. Seems to have got his body right.

16. DC

DC Member

Banz ROK is looking good and if your going for league win only he should be on the cards with no byes effecting league games..

17. banz

banz New Member

@General, bye will hurt, but I suspect I will end up with 2 of Petrie/Knights/Darling sitting at F8-9, WITH Smith at R3 being cashed in about rd 12 or so.

@Jath Murphy has been great so far, prefer him playing down the back from a scoring perspective. He could do a hammy anytime though :(

@DC, I am going for overall, I guess I am hoping he has one big year left in him, he had a slow preseason coming back from surgery, but he is starting to turn it on, now I like the look of Fyfe as well, but whilst he is averaging 110+ he also costs 480k+

Bang for buck, its gotta be ROK. Will let you know if it was a dud call in 4 or 5 weeks!

18. Muttley

Muttley New Member

Thanks DC, I'm gonna take your advice and put a hold on Watson.

Hurley, I'm using him forward, gonna downgrade him and upgrade Lower in defense.

Thanks for time.

@banz, I like your thinking on ROK, good luck.

@jathkel, agree with Murphy

19. WLF

WLF New Member

Watson is a toughy.

Has been scoring so well, i just don't want to trade him then he comes back and rips it up.

20. DC

DC Member

WLF of course he is going to come back and rip it up....