Round by Round Banter for 2018

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by choppers, Mar 22, 2018.

1. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Holy sh!t, two scores over 1500 points

upload_2018-7-29_20-37-18.png

...and I thought I was doing well with 1341.

Great work @YAD69 and @wrightbrendan

• Like Like x 3
  2. JPK

Crap. Because *someone* must have cleared his side, and not entered a new one and saved it properly...

Looks like we'll need to get the chief onto this one.

3. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Geez I like it when you're on the ball....

4. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

The final whistle has sounded and Southern Cross have stormed home in the 2nd half to over-run Banchang and post a well deserved 1340-1253 victory.
    After trailing at the main break, Cunnington 142 in the middle, McGovern 122 down back and Wallis 94 in the forward line were the backbone of a solid half of football. The Barcrawlers tried hard to stem the flow, but only Higgins 92 and Langdon 97 showed any glimpse of form.
    Southern Cross remain in 2nd place with their next game at home to King Island while Banchang, with all hopes of a Finals appearance having disappeared with this loss, travel to Gisborne.
    BOG.
    Cunnington (SCS) 142
    McGovern (SCS) 122
    Greenwood (BB) 114

BIG TAP
    Sinclair def Ryder 100-83

@eagle_eyed

• Like Like x 6
  5. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Staghorn Flat - Gisborne Match Review
    The locals packed Mill Park as the Bulls season went on the line against Gisborne. The travelling team also brought a swag of supporters as coach @Tomster rolled out the GGMotF (The Gee-Gee Motif) for the other 17 coaches thats the Gisborne 'Midfield of the Future'

The Bulls again went in without a recognized ruck as the returning Hill (Steven) went up against big Wittsy.

It was a dour affair matching the conditions as a bitterly cold southerly blew across Mill Park brining with it intermittent showers.

The GGMotF despite gaining an advantage in the ruck with Witts (81) were smashed as Neale (111) was the only mid capable of mixing it in the now as Whitfield (107), Rockliff (87), Zaharakis (90), Coniglio (79) toyed with Kelly (44) SPP (59) Fiorini (67). It was a long trek home for the visitors keen to see the GGMotF on display.

Gresham (113) was a shining light up forward for the Grenades and Thomas (112) snagged four in a classy display for the Bulls. In a match that produced only 4 tonnes and 7 sub 50 scores there is not much else to write about!

At the end of the day the Bulls kept there finals chances alive with a 1143 - 990 victory.

3. J Gresham (GG)
    2. J Thomas (SFB)
    1. L Neale (GG)

Big Tap - Witts

• Like Like x 7
  6. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Disappointing debut from the GGMotF, looking forward to big things from them in the future. Great stuff from Gresh with a 5 round average of over 100 - maybe one for SC next year. Clearly a year too early for the Grenades. Thanks for the write-up @tyze1

7. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Cow Bay 1,015 def by Ararat 1,211

The final game in Cow Bay was always going to be a tough one when being faced against a side they have never one. Unfortunately for the home side a 196 point win and another ACL injury was the result.

Gawn (130) had a day out against Lycett (90) to claim the big tap and allow first use to the likes of Gibbs (118), rookie Higgins (91), Ziebell (85) and Mathieson (63). Edwards (118) and Wingard (114) ran riot and were supports by McDonald (89) and young Anderson (70). With Stewart (18) going down and the defensive 4 having a down day scoring wise due to the ball being up the other end most of the time, the coach could still afford to sit back and watch the scoreboard tick over.

No shining lights for the home side with just 3 players named in the bests - Taranto (95), Lycett (90) and Dow (86). Dow showed glimpses as to why he was taken at pick 3 and was one of the very few positives from the loss. Taranto continues his great form for a 2nd year player and Lycett was solid without being outstanding. Maybe it's the toll of a long season, perhaps the 3rd ACL this year made the players a bit weary, but there wasn't much of an excuse for the poor effort shown by the Crocs.

The win keeps Ararat in 1st and the loss secures Cow Bay the 3rd pick in the next PSD.

BAFFU
    Gawn, Ararat, 130
    2/1 Gibbs/Edwards, Ararat, 118

Next week Cow Bay travel to Serengeti while Ararat host Pearcedale.

• Like Like x 6
  8. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

FU Round 16 Trivia

Serengeti v King Island
    • Serengeti's score of 1,509 was the highest in their club history and the equal 8th highest ever seen.
    • King Island suffered the largest losing margin in their club history (380 points).
    • It was King Island's 7th loss in a row, the equal 12th longest in FU history.
    Hughenden v Groote
    • Groote's score of 1,556 was the 3rd largest in FU history.
    • Groote now have 6 wins in a row, one short of the longest in their club history and the equal 9th longest in FU history.
    • The 471 point margin was the 20th largest in FU history and the largest in Hughenden's history.

• It was the first time we've seen 2 scores of 1,500+ in the one round.
    • Korumburra now have 7 wins in a row, the equal longest in their history.
    • Blanchetown have 20 losses in a row, the 2nd longest in FU history.

Next week
    Ararat
    will be going for their 70th overall win.
    Staghorn will be going for their 50th overall win.
    Xmas Island v Blanchetown, 5-0
    Serengeti v Cow Bay, 4-0
    Coolgardie v Hughenden, 3-0

• Like Like x 11
  9. ddsaints

ddsaints Well-Known Member

Sorry guys not sure what happened to be honest. Entered my team as per the norm and mustn’t have pushed save, was pretty sure I pushed save twice though so bit confusing.
    No mate I didn’t clear my side, I don’t do that I just made my 2 changes as per teams thread and pushed save....well I thought I did. Don’t think I have ever done this before so it’s a bit weird....sorry again. Hope it can be fixed if not I’ll suck it up.

10. JPK

It should be able to be fixed. The chief can change one player after the fact, all we're asking him to do is repeat that 15 times over! :p

11. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Vikings 1152 Def Bunyips 1070.

In what has been the closest I have come to win in a while, the Vikings managed to hold on winning by 82 points. Even with the Vikings only playing 3 Mids to give the homeside a chance, it was still not enough. With Tom "why would you bother tagging me" Mitchell scoring at will (150) and Brodie "check this shit out" Grundy (157) it was always going to be a tough day for the 'yips.

Matt Crouch bounced back into form scoring 112 which will please @bryzza restoring his faith in the ball magnet. On the homeside, new recruits Holman (34) and Fritsch (47) were both running around the paddock chasing butterflies and not the pill, much to the coaching teams disgust.

Anyhow, the Bunyips have locked in there end of season trip, most of the players are at the airport hoping this weeks matchup against @DamoH gets cancelled whilst @bryzza hosts the Blowfly's at home.

BAFFU - Grundy - 3
    Mitchell - 2
    Crouch 1

Big Tap - Grundy

• Like Like x 10
  12. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Full Time at Eden Sporting Complex and Korumburra has won 1286 to 1142.
    Despite the result, the home side have a lot to take away from this game. The low scores of earlier this year have faded away with Lester being the minimum with 49. Banfield has proven a good pickup and should become a midfield mainstay and while Curnow was the only one to top the 100, there were a lot of good fundamentals. For the Blowflies, the stars played well as they do: Dunkley put an exclamation point on what has been a great season with a career-high 147. Even at 34, Ablett showed he's still the champ with 134 and Golder picked up the win in the ruck over Trengove the latter of whom showed true belief in his capabilities as a ruckman in a game that looks to be a sign of things to come.
    With this win, @Mick has confirmed Korumburra's spot in the finals and while it has been a long year for the Whalers, this game has shown good signs for next year.
    BAFFU: Dunkley 3, Ablett 2, Golder 1
    Giant Tap: Golder 105 def Trengove 78

• Like Like x 11
  13. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

Groote Eylandt Barracudas 1,556 def Hughenden Prairie Dogs 1,085

The home side failed to provide a yelp against the in form Barracudas who kicked the highest score of the season in what can only be described as a blood bath at the Dino Dome.

As is always the case it was the midfield where the game was controlled and won. Stanley (111) rucking against Hughenden’s makeshift ruck of Greenwood (22) palmed the ball at will to the Cripps (173), Zorko (118), Phillips (102) and Bontempelli (98) who could no wrong. Their delivery into the forward line saw former Prairie Dog - Hawkins (151) combine with Riewoldt (106), Lewis (91), Cripps (93) and returning form injury Burgoyne (117) dominant the forward line kicking goals at will.

While all the action appeared to be up forward there was plenty of rebound out of the back half with Lloyd (118) and Weitering (94) shutting down the Hughenden forwards with only Breust (113) and Membrey (104) providing any resistance.

There was little to like about Hughenden with the usual suspects providing their best efforts to drag the team along:- Yeo (128), Oliver (101), Shiels (103).

An outstanding effort by the visitors who flexed their muscles leading into the finals series, BUT have they peaked a week or 2 too early? Only time will tell but they will be difficult to opponent based on current form.

For Hughenden it’s time to regroup and review the player list for 2019.

BAFFU Awards

3 Cripps (173)
    2 Hawkins (151)
    1 Yeo (128)

• Like Like x 7
  14. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Thanks @fresh i appreciate the updates and report

• Like Like x 1
  15. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Early doors and the Smugglers have the lead over the Bunyips 186/2 - 31/1.

16. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Early in the match at the Sandpit and the hometown Sandgropers lead @Tylo ’s King Island Monarchs by 44 points

SCS - 269/2/135
    KIM - 225/3/75

Go ‘Gropers!

17. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

@Mick heads up I'm working all weekend , i won't be able to post many updates

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

In the now annual Master vs Apprentice match, the Grenades find themselves with an early lead, 225/2 to @choppers's singular Barcrawler 91/1

19. JPK

Quick update @Batfink
    Coolgardie have come flying out of the blocks, comparatively, but haven't scored very well. A 557 point lead to the home team after 4/9th's.

Coolgardie: 926 / 12 / 77.1
    Hughenden: 369 / 5 / 73.8

• Like Like x 1
  20. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Blanchetown in the box seat to record their first win of the season and knock the Smugglers out of the top four:

Xmas Island - 831/11(75.5)
    Blanchetown - 756/9(84)

@martyg