Round by Round Games and Discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by Tomster, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Fire away fellas!

2. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Bang a gong!

3. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Mayne... 2 set shots... 0.2 fark!

4. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Clarification please guys: We have five positions (backs, mids, rucks, forwards, interchange) and only 4 possible emergency selections. If someone selects an emergency in each regular position, and an interchange player doesn't play, do they get an emergency? If so, which one? Or is it a matter of 'no selected emergency on that line'? Conversely, if someone doesn't select a defense emergency (for example) and a regular defender doesn't play, do they miss out, or do we cycle players around so that the emergency on the interchange line gets scored?

5. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

226 from 2, I'll take that! Pity Fyfe didn't play the whole game. Nice start for the 'gropers, go for the kill and leave the crocs for dead!

6. Tomster

JPK wrote:
    Clarification please guys: We have five positions (backs, mids, rucks, forwards, interchange) and only 4 possible emergency selections. If someone selects an emergency in each regular position, and an interchange player doesn't play, do they get an emergency? If so, which one? Or is it a matter of 'no selected emergency on that line'? Conversely, if someone doesn't select a defense emergency (for example) and a regular defender doesn't play, do they miss out, or do we cycle players around so that the emergency on the interchange line gets scored? Our rules state that if an IC doesn't play, you get the lowest scoring emergency. I'm not sure what has been programmed into tsleagues though

7. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

It was however stated, just for this round that Interchange Emergencies are allowed. That may be how TsLeagues is programmed, a temporary glitch that will likely be fixed by R2.

8. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Score update from The Battle of The Bridges: Blanchetown's gotten off to a great start, Pendles: 127, Duffield: 59, Mayne: 55, Ballantyne: 81 and Sheridan: 66 leaving 5 for 388. Probably also have to watch out for a switch-in by Langdon (111). Marty's set a good run chase there averaging 77.6, Whalers set to reply strongly today though with 7 players in today's games to 2. Let's see how it plays out!

9. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Holky just a quick update... I'm currently sitting on 620 ave 88 you are 438 ave 87.6 thanks to Prestia's 144 last night, things are looking up! You are correct about Langdon squeezing his way in and don't forget about Pearces 122 which also may make the final score sheet!

10. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

HOLKY wrote:
    Score update from The Battle of The Bridges: Blanchetown's gotten off to a great start, Pendles: 127, Duffield: 59, Mayne: 55, Ballantyne: 81 and Sheridan: 66 leaving 5 for 388. Probably also have to watch out for a switch-in by Langdon (111). Marty's set a good run chase there averaging 77.6, Whalers set to reply strongly today though with 7 players in today's games to 2. Let's see how it plays out! I also thought that Mitchell was going to account for Pendles this week mate?

11. Tomster

Grenades Update With the Grenades missing many key players, the first few weeks are all about trying new things for the Grenades, and as such the coaching panel do not expect to win many, if any, matches before the bye rounds. Here is a score update Jarrad McVeigh - A disappointing 82 Clancee Pearce - DNP with no cover due to injuries Lachie Neale - Sub affected 14 Stephen Hill - An encouraging 95 Jack Riewoldt - An appalling 36. When more players become available, Jack may see himself in the Reserves forward line Heath Grundy - A useful 87 314 from 6 players, at an average of 52.33 per player. One more donut is predicted by the master statisticians at GG HQ. The statisticians would have liked an average of 60 to start, but at least with an average of 52 the only way is up Also, don't take my lack of barbs and banter as a sign of weakness. I just know that I'm in no position to be dishing that sort of stuff out considering where my team is at

12. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Banchang Barcrawlers Update for Rd1. (weekend 1) 471/6 av 78.5 Swallow 135 brilliant first up effort Shaw 57 a little below par for Matty I thought Grigg 74 as expected Walters 65 needs more consistency over 4 qtrs Warnock 64 average Monfries 76 ordinary score on a winning team If Hodge or Adcock don't get a game, then I have Laidler's 95 sitting on the pine. Both other 2 emergencies, Hannath 40 and Lemmens 37, were as expected. I'm thinking the Barcrawlers are on their way to a first up win as they don't seem to have an opponent for Rd1 as the Orangutans failed to lodge a team prior to lockdown.

13. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

martyg wrote:
    HOLKY wrote:
    Score update from The Battle of The Bridges: Blanchetown's gotten off to a great start, Pendles: 127, Duffield: 59, Mayne: 55, Ballantyne: 81 and Sheridan: 66 leaving 5 for 388. Probably also have to watch out for a switch-in by Langdon (111). Marty's set a good run chase there averaging 77.6, Whalers set to reply strongly today though with 7 players in today's games to 2. Let's see how it plays out! I also thought that Mitchell was going to account for Pendles this week mate? I don't recall saying that, I said both Mitchell and Pendles would play, Griffen will probably play on Pendles. Hopefully he's as good at scoring big in losses as Pendles, Still waiting on Boomer and Adelaide too, quite a run chase though...

14. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Serengeti currently lead Christmas Island 535/6 to 310/4. Harbrow has been the 'standout' performer for the Smugglers, as the only player so far to exceed last year's average. Martin and Hartlett have performed as expected, while Dixon's injury affected 22 could be very costly in what's looking likebeing an otherwiseclose game.

15. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Armadillos currently lead the Barracuda’s 684/7 to 500/7

16. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Blanchetown have set a huge run chase! Currently 9/835, but with 2 Emgs having topped the 100 Marty is likely to switch them in giving the Bunyips 11/1068. At 6/553 or 7/625 (Nick Smith E-listed with 72 pts) can the Whalers with Boomer and 3 midfielders left to play reel the Bunyips in? Stay tuned and find out...

17. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

The Bulls are under the pump at half time of their round 1 match up. SFB 234/4 (58.5)thanks to my 4 Sydney boys especially S Reid's 34 given lynch's 70 odd on the pine! trailing Pearcedale 664/9 (73.7)(based on walsey's post includes O'Keefe's 16) The good news is my entire midfield is yet to play as well as some other quality scorers. I'm hopeful of reeling TTT in the final game of round!

18. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

righto lads. admittedly im a bit preoccupied with a work trip and uni at the moment, but youve gotta fill me in here#1 - where is everyone getting the scores from? just a cut/paste/lookup/etc job straight from inside the supercoach site, or is it accessible here on TS? #2 Whats Holky talking about with whomever he is playing 'switching out' emergencies or what not? Do we have partial lockouts right thru the round or something? What shenanigans doth he speaketh of

19. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

OK, it's tight in the gold fields with 2 of the 3 youngest teams going head to head in the first round. As it stands the Gropers are 430 from 5 (ave 86) with the Crocs on 551 from 7 (ave ~79). It's neck and neck, no doubt the coaches will be talking up the marathon, but with ultimate glory unlikely for either team the supporters want the win and all the drinks and celebrations it will bring.

20. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

insider wrote:
    righto lads. admittedly im a bit preoccupied with a work trip and uni at the moment, but youve gotta fill me in here#1 - where is everyone getting the scores from? just a cut/paste/lookup/etc job straight from inside the supercoach site, or is it accessible here on TS? #2 Whats Holky talking about with whomever he is playing 'switching out' emergencies or what not? Do we have partial lockouts right thru the round or something? What shenanigans doth he speaketh of It's a rolling lockout round, also yeah we are looking it up in the supercoach site. I'm sure Martyg knows about switching and will probably use the secret technique this round... this technique only works in a rolling lockout round though.