Round Four Teams/Score

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Jen, Apr 23, 2015.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Chief - coach error almost brought Darraweit undone this week. Survived thanks to the old stager Harvey with another 100+ and Betts' junk time goals (and a shocker from Tex Walker today)

Seedsman with 130+ sitting on the bench, Haynes with 110 or more on the bench too. Put May and Jonas on the park in their stead - not great.

So many good players have just fallen off a cliff scoring wise, or are injured or underdone. Dom Tyson can't score more than about 75 this year for me - was going at 100 last year. McGlynn looked cooked on Saturday, Cooney's hamstrings are done ....

At the moment I'm lucky to have copped some teams with injury issues, and to have gotten consistent scoring from Rance, Armitage, Betts, Coniglio and Edwards - and maybe Westhoff.

But I traded away a bit to pick up some of these defenders - Haynes for example - and have stuck with Seedsman for 2 years almost through injury - I have to show some faith in them to be honest.

The comp has definitely evened up. Anyone can beat anyone right now - and it is good. Though personally I reckon Fitzy's mob are the team to beat - they beat Iron Knob this week (though IK were down a ruckman) with something like 350 points sitting in emergencies in Picken, Schulz and Hogan. That's scary.

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Les Wales Votes and result for the Misfits vs the Battlers. Battlers home by around 120, Preliminary scores are 1117 to 994, to much left to too few for the Misfits as only 12 played, I named Kelly in the thread but the team I set in tsleagues has Jackson Merrett named instead, even though Kelly only played a quarter he beat Merrett.. Wouldn't change the result as the Battlers were simply too good across the ground. Not unhappy with an average score of 83, but it would look a lot better multiplied by 15 :p <table cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' dir='ltr' border='1' style='border: 1px solid #cccccc;] <col width='180[/img]<col width='170[/img] <tr style='height: 17px;] <td data-sheets-value='[null,2,'Callan Ward (MBM)']' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border: solid #000000; text-align: left;]Callan Ward (MBM) <td data-sheets-value='[null,3,null,140]' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-top-color: #000000; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]140
    <tr style='height: 17px;] <td data-sheets-value='[null,2,'Devon Smith (MBM)']' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-left-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]Devon Smith (MBM) <td data-sheets-value='[null,3,null,128]' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]128
    <tr style='height: 17px;] <td data-sheets-value='[null,2,'Marc Murphy (BB)']' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-left-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]Marc Murphy (BB) <td data-sheets-value='[null,3,null,123]' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]123
    <tr style='height: 17px;] <td data-sheets-value='[null,2,'Corey Enright (BB)']' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-left-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]Corey Enright (BB) <td data-sheets-value='[null,3,null,109]' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]109
    <tr style='height: 17px;] <td data-sheets-value='[null,2,'Patrick Ryder (MBM)']' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-left-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]Patrick Ryder (MBM) <td data-sheets-value='[null,3,null,109]' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]109

3. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

ChiefRussell wrote:[span style='font-size: 10px;]James Kelly is cooked, I made a monumental error in selecting him against his bunnies North Melbourne. Lindsey Thomas. C'mon we talked about this.

4. chris88

Guim 1210 d Gariwerd 1097 as the after match BBQ continues.

Les W votes - DGD v Gariwerd

5 - Maric - Guim
    4 - Edwards - Guim
    3 - Armitage - Guim
    2 - N Jones - Gariwerd
    1 - Harvey - Guim

Good to see Maric back in form.

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

chris88 wrote:

5 - Maric - Guim
    4 - Edwards - Guim
    3 - Armitage - Guim
    2 - N Jones - Gariwerd
    1 - Harvey - Guim

Good to see Maric back in form. Thanks for the game Chris. and good to see everyone is enjoying the after game catch up! Much to our surprise, Tex stopped playing at half time to fire up the bbq. In round 1 he was firing up the team, to a score of almost 1500, but he has dropped right off lately and his enthusiasm for the bbq over the closing stages of the game has raised certain questions. What is it about the Guim tucker that makes it so damn good? For the 2nd week in a row, Nathan Jones was the only player to score in triple figures. The rest of the team has been mostly disappointing for the last 3 weeks, and it is clear that they got way ahead of themselves, after scoring Gariwerd's highest ever score in round 1, which saw them sitting top of the ladder. Turns out that win was against the team now sitting last on the ladder, the Lovely Banks Lilacs who have the 3rd worst defence in the Association so far this season. We have now slipped to 15th on the ladder and we need to do some serious soul searching this week before we welcome Powlett Plains to Gariwerd for Muso round next week. This week's game against Darraweit Guim was a great contest and was in the balance for much of it. In the end, it was probably Tom Hickey's late withdrawal that really cost the Cockies, as it allowed the Guim's Ivan Maric to absolutely monster the late inclusion Harry Cunningham in the ruck. Mullet Maric putting on a dominant BoG display and Cunningham a poultry out-of-position 23. The 101 points difference between them was close enough to the 113 pt final margin in the game. But the best team clearly won. The win moves the Guim to a deserved top place on the ladder as the only undefeated team left in the ORFFA this season. and their reserves are doing well too!

6. snoz

snoz Moderator

Back2Back Hops :) Gundagai defeat an injury riddled Mt Beauty Uglies outfit that had to munch 2 donuts. We'll still take it.......1173 to 1121 Les W Votes: 1. Cripps = 172sc (Gund) WOW 2. Stringer = 128sc (Gund) 2. Hartlett = 128sc (Uglies) 4. Sunshine = 124 (Gund) 5. M Boyd = 118 (Uglies) (No idea how we split stringer/hartlett)

7. graeme

graeme Guest

I think same points, different teams then the winning team's man gets the extra point. Same points, same team is manager's choice - happy to be corrected. Either way it is a nice choice to have sNooZe.

8. chris88

anthak wrote:
    chris88 wrote:

5 - Maric - Guim
    4 - Edwards - Guim
    3 - Armitage - Guim
    2 - N Jones - Gariwerd
    1 - Harvey - Guim

Good to see Maric back in form. Thanks for the game Chris. and good to see everyone is enjoying the after game catch up! Much to our surprise, Tex stopped playing at half time to fire up the bbq. In round 1 he was firing up the team, to a score of almost 1500, but he has dropped right off lately and his enthusiasm for the bbq over the closing stages of the game has raised certain questions. What is it about the Guim tucker that makes it so damn good? For the 2nd week in a row, Nathan Jones was the only player to score in triple figures. The rest of the team has been mostly disappointing for the last 3 weeks, and it is clear that they got way ahead of themselves, after scoring Gariwerd's highest ever score in round 1, which saw them sitting top of the ladder. Turns out that win was against the team now sitting last on the ladder, the Lovely Banks Lilacs who have the 3rd worst defence in the Association so far this season. We have now slipped to 15th on the ladder and we need to do some serious soul searching this week before we welcome Powlett Plains to Gariwerd for Muso round next week. This week's game against Darraweit Guim was a great contest and was in the balance for much of it. In the end, it was probably Tom Hickey's late withdrawal that really cost the Cockies, as it allowed the Guim's Ivan Maric to absolutely monster the late inclusion Harry Cunningham in the ruck. Mullet Maric putting on a dominant BoG display and Cunningham a poultry out-of-position 23. The 101 points difference between them was close enough to the 113 pt final margin in the game. But the best team clearly won. The win moves the Guim to a deserved top place on the ladder as the only undefeated team left in the ORFFA this season. and their reserves are doing well too!

We were wondering how the BBQ ended up getting fired up so quickly - now it is obvious what happened.

Tex does cook up a mean steak though, so I think everyone appreciated his efforts!!

Thanks for the game Ant - I don't think either team was in top form so hopefully both Darraweit and Gariwerd can fire up a touch in the coming matches.

9. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Trading Goldstein and keeping Minson may be one of those decisions that gets me fired as coach I think! If he cannot get back into the Doggies starting 22 IK are in big trouble. Watching Goldy pump out 150's each week is sickening.

10. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

The cows get the win against my mob, touch slog for both teams but well done to the MFKA Chels to get the win Charlie's Opening 1191 Waikickamoocow 1281 5 Fyfe (WI) 145 4 Hannebery (WI) 118 3 Taylor (WI) 114 2 Jacobs (WI) 110 1 Hooker (COS) 109

11. graeme

graeme Guest

jimbowan wrote:
    Trading Goldstein and keeping Minson may be one of those decisions that gets me fired as coach I think! If he cannot get back into the Doggies starting 22 IK are in big trouble. Watching Goldy pump out 150's each week is sickening. You know the context better than any of us Jimbo, But, I imagine the PSD was coming up, there was a player you really wanted to add to the IK roster, and there were two rucks who played every week. What could go wrong? I watch Isaac Smith pump out numbers for Prap's mob that he never produced for me, but at least I have the comfort that the fruit of my associated draft pick is performing. It's a long term game with limited resources - which, perhaps not coincidently, is one definition of economics.

12. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Len wrote:
    Les Wales Votes and result for the Misfits vs the Battlers. Battlers home by around 120, Preliminary scores are 1117 to 994, to much left to too few for the Misfits as only 12 played, I named Kelly in the thread but the team I set in tsleagues has Jackson Merrett named instead, even though Kelly only played a quarter he beat Merrett.. Wouldn't change the result as the Battlers were simply too good across the ground. Not unhappy with an average score of 83, but it would look a lot better multiplied by 15 :p <table cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' dir='ltr' border='1' style='border: 1px solid #cccccc;] <col width='180[/img]<col width='170[/img] <tr style='height: 17px;] <td data-sheets-value='[null,2,'Callan Ward (MBM)']' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border: solid #000000; text-align: left;]Callan Ward (MBM) <td data-sheets-value='[null,3,null,140]' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-top-color: #000000; border-top-style: solid; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]140
    <tr style='height: 17px;] <td data-sheets-value='[null,2,'Devon Smith (MBM)']' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-left-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]Devon Smith (MBM) <td data-sheets-value='[null,3,null,128]' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]128
    <tr style='height: 17px;] <td data-sheets-value='[null,2,'Marc Murphy (BB)']' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-left-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]Marc Murphy (BB) <td data-sheets-value='[null,3,null,123]' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]123
    <tr style='height: 17px;] <td data-sheets-value='[null,2,'Corey Enright (BB)']' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-left-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]Corey Enright (BB) <td data-sheets-value='[null,3,null,109]' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]109
    <tr style='height: 17px;] <td data-sheets-value='[null,2,'Patrick Ryder (MBM)']' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-left-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-left-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]Patrick Ryder (MBM) <td data-sheets-value='[null,3,null,109]' style='color: #444444; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-color: #000000; border-right-color: #000000; border-right-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; text-align: left;]109
    Doing JC a disservice, I forgot to add Patfull's score in as the sub and the Misfits had the benefit of some rounding. Final score BB 1174, MBM 1009

13. G-Train

G-Train Member

Powlett 1224 defeat Lovely Banks 995 5. Isaac Smith 148 PP 4. M Rosa 142 LL 3. S Thompson (ADEL) 132 LL 2. D Mundy 129 PP 1. Lachie Henderson 113 PP

14. graeme

graeme Guest

Bandit wrote:
    The cows get the win against my mob, touch slog for both teams but well done to the MFKA Chels to get the win Charlie's Opening 1191 Waikickamoocow 1281 5 Fyfe (WI) 145 4 Hannebery (WI) 118 3 Taylor (WI) 114 2 Jacobs (WI) 110 1 Hooker (COS) 109 Felt like a battle of attrition Bandito, I was nervous that the Bont would really spark up and do something special but it was not to be.

15. grav

grav Guest