Round Six Teams/Scores

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by chris88, May 7, 2015.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Reckon Shuey and Gray have gotten Iron Knob home over the Guim. Just too good (barring some really strange scoring corrections) - Darraweit have got way too many players not pulling their weight.

Dodged a lot of bullets this season, but there's only some many poor performances a team can cover. Funniest thing is - with a minute to go in the Port game, a ball floated into Port's forward line towards Westhoff. If it floats 2 metres further, Westhoff marks it 20 out right in front with a kick to win the game and rack up a lot of SC points.

But the ball didn't float that far - it ran up the other end eventually where Shuey kicked the sealer.

Swings and roundabouts - but it would've been daylight robbery if I'd pinched this one - not with so many guys scoring 70 and below this week.

Bravo Jim, fine fine win!

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Simonoz wrote:
    Hoppers Round Six team Vs Len's mob...... DEF: Stratton / Talia / WhiteX / Oxley (Cockatoo) MID: Rocky / Neale / Cripps / Brayshaw (Curnow) FWD: Stringer / Billings /Sunshine / T. Adams (PK) RCK: Grundy I/C: Honey / Witts (Jedi) In - Witts Out - J. Martin (Cockatoo & Jedi get called up to be travelling emergencies, Cameron dropped to the two's to find form) In what is a bit of an upset, I think the Misfits have got the Hoppers by 8 points, thanks to some final minute heroics from Hombsch

3. graeme

graeme Guest

Gariwerd 1324 defeat Waikick 1172 Les W votes - 5. Alan Christensen (GAR) 133 4. Sam Jacobs (WAI) 127 3. Tom Mitchell (WAI) 125 2. Nat Fyfe (WAI) 121 1. Jeremy Cameron (GAR) 116 Well done Ant, too much depth for the overseas team. Hope you enjoyed the visit. Prediction - It is not going to be an easy week on the track at Bulls before the away trip to play the Nuffers. Coach Graeme will be told to improve his team selection and play those with form rather than favourites. There are likely to be some débutantes for the away team this week.

4. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that the aggregate margins of this round will be the lowest ever.

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

graeme wrote:
    Gariwerd 1324 defeat Waikick 1172 Les W votes - 5. Alan Christensen (GAR) 133 4. Sam Jacobs (WAI) 127 3. Tom Mitchell (WAI) 125 2. Nat Fyfe (WAI) 121 1. Jeremy Cameron (GAR) 116 Well done Ant, too much depth for the overseas team. Hope you enjoyed the visit. Prediction - It is not going to be an easy week on the track at Bulls before the away trip to play the Nuffers. Coach Graeme will be told to improve his team selection and play those with form rather than favourites. There are likely to be some débutantes for the away team this week. Thanks for the update Chels. Nice to see ive got a win. Good game mate. Thanks for the hospitality over in NZ. I also need to be a bit smarter with team selection. Levi Casboult and Touk Miller have both been building form and finding it difficult to make the first 15, whereas Matty Crouch found his way in without any games in the magoos to check his form. And Zach Tuohy has not been setting the world on fire, and still getting a game.... but I couldnt drop him for this round, considering his Irish home.

6. snoz

snoz Moderator

..........the young Hops have been weighed & measured and found wanting.......... Correct Lenski. Unofficialresult has the Misfits beating Gundagai 1140 to 1132. Ugh !!! Les W Votes: 5. Billings (143) Gund 4. Neale (133) Gund 3. Ward (131) MB 2. Laird (122) MB 1. Hombsch (114) MB

7. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Spelunkers pinched a win against the lefties 1277[span class='Apple-tab-span] Charlies Opening[span class='Apple-tab-span] vs[span class='Apple-tab-span] Larrikin Lagoon Lefties[span class='Apple-tab-span] 1248 5. Goddard (LLL) 135 4. Priddis (LLL) 127 3. LeCras (COS) 117 * 2. Mitchell (LLL) 117 1. Bontempelli (COS) 113 * * LeCras and Bontempelli get the votes over Mitchell and Tom Lynch respectively due to being on the winning side

8. chris88

Iron Knob getting the job done over Darraweit in a bloody good game in the end - 1290-1266.

Given Iron Knob's injuries and lack of a ruckman, 1290 suggests there's plenty of talent still there. Given Darraweit had SIX players score 61 or below, 1266 is a total I'd take.

That said, changes are in the offing next week I reckon.

Les W Votes:
    5 - Robbie Gray - IK - the matchwinner
    4 - David Armitage - DG
    3 - Shed Edwards - DG
    2 - Shane Burgoyne - IK
    1 - The Mullet - DG

I'm giving 4 votes to Armitage and three to Shed Edwards as they both scored 134 - can't go past Armitage's 45 possessions - guy is a gun.

9. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris, GG was a very close one until that last game! Gray is a gun and thats why we brought him in! Now just need a few of my injured guys back!

10. J_C

J_C Guest

Birdsville Battlers 1223 def Lovely Banks Lilacs 1204

The Battlers fall over the line in a close one against the Lilacs.

Commiserations Jen. You're definitely unlucky to lose that one. I'd pencilled in a loss after McEvoy and McDonald both posted 30s, but somehow snuck home with a win.

The competition has definitely tightened up this year, as evidenced by this week's margins. <p style='margin: 0cm 0cm 8pt;] <p style='margin: 0cm 0cm 8pt;]Les W votes:
    5. M Duncan (Lilacs) - 153
    4. C Enright (Battlers) - 126
    3. T McDonald (Battlers) - 123
    2. L Jetta (Battlers) - 110
    1. J Caddy (Lilacs) - 107

11. chris88

Definitely the closest season in ORFFA history. I'd hazard to say that Lovely Banks are the best 17th team going around.

Heaven help us all in about 12 or so months when they and Gundagai get another few youngsters via the draft and some game into their players.

Ladder is great to look at - different teams at the top, plenty of potential outside the eight. Enjoyable.

12. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Review is in your inbox Chris :)