Ruck Combos SC Finals

Discussion in 'AFL' started by petefisker, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I have Cox-Petrie-Smith

Not exactly happy with this but think I can get to the line OK.

Just smashed in defence (as most have been) and midfield last weekend, and Sylvia out put even more added pressure on.

But now with Mzungu showing himself better than HiLo...don't really have massive forward issues, which allows Petrie in the ruck.

This weekend I have been thinking of a trade of Smith, but I can't really find any that I'm too enamoured with, so maybe just give him one last chance to show his wares in my 22.

2. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Got COX, Smith, Derixcxcxcxcx and J Tippett with Petrie in the forward line. question for me is upgrade Smith to McEvoy and leave petrie fwd. or swing Petrie into ruck (after this round) and get another premium fwd ie Fyfe or chappie/stevie J? thoughts?

3. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I've got Cox, Ryder, Keefe & J Tippet with Petrie up forward. 1 trade left that I want to use for Ryder. Have 180k in the bank, want one of McEvoy, Mumford or Goldstein(obviously after his bye) really not sure what to do. McEvoy & Goldies big scores are tempting but Mummy looks to have the easier run. Finished 1st in both my leagues just don't want to lose my first final, I know I've got the double chance but being in two leagues with mates my pride is on the line, besides I've been talking it up after only losing 1 game in each league. Can't do a St Kilda (substitute with either of Bulldogs or Carlton) and choke it now the finals are here, any advice?

4. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Don't waste your last trade on the rucks! I'd save it until prelim to allow for an injury concern. If a midfield premo goes down during finals campaign (or gets the famous SC grand final resting ) and you only have average bench cover (ie mzungu or issac smith) then you loose 50 + odd PPG and the premiership hopes are done for..
    Where as Petrie and Ryder both have the ability to get the job done in ruck. I'd .
    Run with paddy this week and then you can swing Petrie in from that point forward (if ryders form is too inconsistent for you) and get another premium fwd during prelim if you can stay injury free that long

5. Quantum

Quantum New Member

My rucks are Cox, Smith, Petrie/Tippet & a no namer

I am gonna trade out petrie to mummy this week as i fall short of doing a smith to mummy trade unfortunately!

6. ashb

ashb New Member

I've still got Sandilands. Along with Smith, Bailey & Tippett (and Petrie who's no good to me this week).
    Praying Cox gets rested and Sandi plays.
    Terrible.

7. Western_Demons

Western_Demons New Member

Cox and mummy for me and I brought in mummy when he was under 400k so even better! + can switch Petrie in as mpp coverage when required.

8. thegob

thegob New Member

I have Cox, Smith and Sandi. Smith might be out this week so does anyone know if Sandi is due back this week?