Sandilands overpriced

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Krispy_K, Feb 28, 2011.

1. aj

aj Member

Oh and as for the OP: yeah I think Sandi is a bit overpriced. Looking at having Cox instead.

2. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from spud on February 28, 2011, 01:14
    With the Eagles to face the Pies, who have been fielding relatively strong sides, hopefully we'll get a chance to see how he goes when up against a seasoned ruckman in Jolly, and whether he has any impact up forward when faced with a senior backline.</blockquote>

It's like they are battling it out for a spot in my team! With the winner *hopefully* to take on Ryder in the following week... ;)

Also, Jolly said during the game that it was his schedule to play the last two games of the preseason.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Going Sandi in the team after R6 but starting Cox doesn't make sense as he has the bye in R5.

Starting Ryder makes much more if you are looking to turn the screws early in the season with the Bombers' late first bye.

I see Ryder as a good candidate but you need to have the coverage for a R24 bye.

I am fine for people selecting Cox over Sandi but do it on value, not a half-baked excuse around the R6 bye.

4. aj

aj Member

And that's pretty much it Lucas. It has to be a value decision and across all lines. If the price differential means getting a super premium midfielder, I'd be more tempted there. Judd/Cox vs Sandi/Jack is a case in point. The Round 6 thing is only a bonus in that it lessens the risks of a donut if I go for Petrie after all

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Be seduced by Cox's NAB scores at your peril.

My advice would be to not meddle with your rucks too much. Sandi could be a tad overpriced, but is worth it as you know his big scores will come. Its just like Swan, no doubt he will go down from his starting price, but is a star and someone you'd want in your final 22. Its between Sandi/Jolly and Sandi/Ryder for me.
    Just remembered how last year all the craze was NicNat!

If you're going for league wins Sandi is a no-brainer.

6. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

Where is the love for Sex on the beach? If you're aiming for league wins (and round 6 doesn't count) then wouldn't it be best to set Sandi, Cox, rookie bench and forget?

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

If league wins is your priority then Sandi is a must as Freo never misses a league game. If Mummy or Jamar were firing then that would make the ideal ruck combo for league wins.

8. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

My rucks are..

Sandi, Jolly, Vickery and Smith

Should get adequate support from Vickery.