Sandilands

Discussion in 'AFL' started by JPK, May 24, 2011.

1. jibba

jibba Member

Already done this, went Sandi to 91k ruck.

2. Bundybastard

Bundybastard New Member

Guess it depends on what you have on your bench

3. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

cant justify wasting the trade and Smith will be good coverage if something happens again. i think Smith is now a keeper along with Sandi for mine

4. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

i did this 2 weeks ago to Bailey and his due for a 50k rise now and as long as he doesnt get injured should be good back up

5. Jay

Jay New Member

Same as AndrewW, did this couple of weeks ago, traded out for Bailey. $450k cash injection has enabled me to almost upgrade my team this coming week, couple of premiums short. If I was still hanging on to him, would probably take an extra 2 weeks to get to this position. Still intending on bringing him back in though.

6. torcida

torcida Member

2 late now i think . i prob wouldve been tempted to do the same move but had 2 many rookies ready 2 go and some (jacobs-mzungu) that i couldnt afford 2 miss

7. Golingo

Golingo New Member

@ Torcida

I was in the same situation, needed to bring in mzungu, lynch and jocobs. I'm not bothered to hang onto him, and hopefully he rewards with a 2nd half to the year as strong as the first.

Depending on how I am with trades, can still cash in Smith after round 16 if I needed to do so. That will be a last resort though, I think I'd feel more comfortable having Smith mind the pine for the remainder of the year once Sandi returns.

8. torcida

torcida Member

yeah mate - i realised i was gunna miss out on some good downgrades and he would return before i had a chance 2 spend that $ . lets hope he will only miss 2-3 more . they really need him

9. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

Unless he is guaranteed back this week or next I feel like I could do Sandi to J. Tippett and Matera to Petrie, leaving me with a touch under 300k to finish my team the week after

This is the only way I feel like I can stay in touch with the top teams.

10. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

well im thinking sandi to j tippett,

this will leave me cox and smyth on the ground with petrie as a back up from my forwards, i had originally had smyth earmarked for this trade

11. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

I traded him out last week, to J Tippett, and will, when he's ready to come back then trade out Smith for Sandi. The cash will have allowed me to finish my team at least a week early and to be honest, with Petrie pumping out the +100 each week now, may not bring him back until the finals. Will see what is necessary from week to week but have enough cash to bring him in whenever I need now.

12. homerj

homerj Member

I wish bl**dy Freo would give us an update on Sandi, is he on track to come back in 2 weeks having missed 2 already or is it going to be longer!?
    Don't they realise that we have precious SC points/trades riding on the BIG man :p

I am seriously thinking about trading Sandi out this week if its looking like he's not coming back any time soon. Could/should have done it this week but then would've missed Pedersen.

My other ruck is Cox and I have Petrie doing a great job filling in for Sandi. I have no link to the forward line with Petrie though so was gonna trade JTip in at a later date to activate this anyway. But with my forward line doing ok, I am thinking I could instead trade Sandi to Vardy (he's gone up in price now but still gonna make cash from this). Then use Sandi's cash towards my remaining upgrades (4 to do). Could then still bring Sandi back in time for finals if needed. I have 12 trades left.

What do people think of this plan, or do you think just hold Sandi for now? Cheers

13. PiggyPommy

PiggyPommy New Member

New member to the site but great work.

101st overall here and made the decision last week to trade Sandi to Vardy and use the cash to finish my team off and catch up to the person in 1st place!

Was a big move so we will see how it goes.

14. matto76

matto76 New Member

yeah freo are fairly piss poor in there updates, but heared a slight rumour last week that he might be back this week so i would hold of till teams are named before trading him. This was inside goss and 5 min later i saw sandi on the tv saying a few weeks. So might be some borking going on over at freo

15. bfish

bfish New Member

@Sainterz12 I was looking at a similar trade this week using Knights. It will free up $400000 to upgrade Darling and Batchelor next week and leave me with 8 trades and a completed team (Lower and Puoplolo to rotate between D7/D8). Kangaroos have a very nice draw coming up and Petrie will benefit from a lot of supply coming into the forward line.
    Any further word on the big man?

16. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

We won't get any indication until the injury list is announced, but even then I expect a vague estimation.

To those Hawthorn and Geelong fans, what are Bailey's and Vardy's JS like? Just trying to go through all options for Sandi.

17. Random_Man

Random_Man New Member

Sainterz12 - Im a Geelong follower and Vardy has been super impressive so far.... very impressed with how hard he hits the packs....he wins taps and can get his own ball when it hits the ground....i dont see him going anywhere....Mooney is like an old broken down racehorse....Hawkins has has long enough to prove himself (maybe next year?).....Blake wont be seen again....i may be wrong but he has been like a breath of fresh air into our team....on Saturday also allowed Ottend to go forward a bit more resulting in 5 goals.

18. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Crunch time. Half a million sitting on the bench and the latest is 2-3 weeks, having already missed 2. Could be a total of 5+ and now the focus at Freo seems to be rushing Barlow back in.

Vardy looks to have reasonable JS, as Random_Man points out, and Smith/Petrie have exceeded most people's expectations. The Ablett ship is fast departing and Bartel seems to be firing up. Missed opportunities? The conventional wisdom was sell if going for overall and hold if going for leagues. Now it seems holding even for leagues is becoming a risk. Most people are finishing their teams and want at least top 4. Will Sandi be the Freo anchor?

With this new deadline will everyone pull the pin?

19. Corks

Corks Member

TiB...great question. It's crunch time for Freo as well, if they don't get him back in the next 2 weeks then they are at real risk of missing finals. Think I'm going to hold out for another week, but really not happy about it.

20. Tino

Tino Member

I think everyone is in the same boat. I just know that as soon as I trade Sandi out he will be fit to play the following week and punch out a 150+ to spite me.

Having said that, with Swan gone for 2 and Sandi out I (and most people would have) $1mil on the pine. Thats a huge hole.