seeing what difference good trades make

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TheTassieHawk, Mar 10, 2011.

1. bookie

bookie New Member

If there is still any room left, I am in

2. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

what about this team TassieHawk?

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, H.Shaw, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Duigan, Toy, Lower)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Montagna, D.Swallow, Conca, Harris (Hibberd, Pittard, Bewick)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Keeffe)

Fwds: N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, Sylvia, A.Krakouer, Prestia (Matera, Richardson, Darling)

$5400 in the bank

3. LiQuiD_SiXx

OK - i have started a league for this called "TS Trading Games"

league code is 980564 - first in best dressed :)

4. spm67

spm67 New Member

Great idea - I'm in

5. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Casey Crushers is my daughters team...she has had a sudden urge to get into Supercoach and she doesnt know what starting team to pick anyway.

I hope she will seek my advice before trading.

6. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Count me in.
    @The Tassie Hawk.
    The team looks like a good starting point.

7. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Done Liquid.
    Tipping comp SC:277319.

8. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

just make sure eckie gets a spot as it was his idea!
    happy with any team. we could all suggest one but essentially the point is just that we have the same, not that it is the very best team possible. Also i suggest leaving a bit of money in the bank ($50 000) so that people can make use of their first two trades.

9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Im in... well my mrs is anyway.
    I vote for Liquid 6's starting team.

And I dont think any of us should be allowd to make changes before the season starts. I dont see whats wrong with some of us having the same R1 scores. I reckon it takes away from the whole concept of the whole thing, if we can make any changes before the season.

10. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

my mrs is in... I like sixx's team, but i agree with Eckie's original idea - two changes prior to Rd1.

11. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I have joined up and also locked in sixx's team for now - much superior personnel wise to my suggestion

I have one structural query with sixx's suggested team. It has 4 fwds having mid/fwd status (goodes sylvia krak prestia) but no mids with same??

Looking ahead it would be handy to have flexibility with fwds/mids in rounds 5 and 6
    5 - goodes/sylvia/darling byes
    6 - franklin/rioli byes

Would it make sense to perhaps make 1 change as follows - dump a mid (don't care who), switch one of the 4 mid/fwds to mid (again don't care who) and then bring in another fwd (again don't particularly care who)??

12. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

i reckon all starting the same 33 (same captain, vice and emergencies) and 2 changes pre round 1 but only from the bench...not the starting 22 (and 3 emergencies), that way everyone gets the same score R1 and we go from there.

13. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

tipping comp stk???

14. anthak

im not sure why people want to be able to make changes before the season starts. I reckon it takes away from the whole concept of this idea. two trades before the season could hugely advantage someone over the others, and that is not why we are doing this...

the whole idea is to see whose trades work the best. so we have to start with the same team. there is no other way to do it in my opinion.

just say someone brings in the best rookie before the season, that may generate them 200k more (Barlow esque) cash than the player they dropped. if they were the only one in the league to get on that rookie before the season - they would be close to a shue-in to win.

We have to start with the same 33 players... the whole idea is flawed otherwise, and I reckon I would pull out.

15. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from anthak on March 17, 2011, 12:49
    We have to start with the same 33 players... the whole idea is flawed otherwise, and I reckon I would pull out.
    </blockquote>
    That is not a threat haha.
    I know there would be heaps of other lining up to get in - and i would not be missed.

Just trying to show how strongly I feel about it.

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

<blockquote>Quote from LiQuiD_SiXx on March 16, 2011, 21:00
    what about this team TassieHawk?

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, H.Shaw, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Duigan, Toy, Lower)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Montagna, D.Swallow, Conca, Harris (Hibberd, Pittard, Bewick)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Keeffe)

Fwds: N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, Sylvia, A.Krakouer, Prestia (Matera, Richardson, Darling)

&#36;5400 in the bank</blockquote>

I'm in.

Don't mind this team. However I'd prefer the cookie cutter defense. It doesn't really matter what we start with as long as its half decent, its all about the trades!

17. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

alright anthak, you have convinced me. as long as you agree with starting the same captain and emergencies (so that way we will know if anyone made any changes pre round 1.

18. LiQuiD_SiXx

^^^ That's it!

If you're worried about coverage during the multi-bye rounds then trade to give yourself more peace of mind.

I agree with anthak that we all lock in the same team from round 1 - that is same captain, VC, benches and emergencies and then go from there. if rookies miss games early then you can trade others in before round 3 no problems.

19. LiQuiD_SiXx

also,

is everyone happy with the rookie selections? do we want to wait til squads are announced before we lock them in?

20. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

I see your point for making no changes and having same captain bench and emergencies.
    If everyone has the same score and we all have a draw everyone is on the same foot as not having played a game in round one. Seems fair. I have locked in sixx's team too.

I think we should have I.Smith on mid bench so that we can take advantage of MPP if we want to. Or another rookie with M/F MPP.

If we cant make trades before then we dont need to lock the team in until the teams have been named. As long as everyone can get on bewtween then and the lockout.