seeing what difference good trades make

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TheTassieHawk, Mar 10, 2011.

1. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

As indicated earlier in the thread

Casey Crushers
    Coach : Casey

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from TheTassieHawk on March 21, 2011, 12:48
    @liquid-sixx - i think it was anthak volunteerign to do the weekly/regaulr wrap up - will update my SC entry with TheTassieHawk (username) as my "name" alhtough I will probably be last so maybe I won't !

</blockquote>
    Nah it wasn't me. It was eckie.

3. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Someone has pulled out of the league, put the word guys, that we have one spot left in the league.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to seeing how round 1 pans out in our league!

Will people use DPP capabilities early?

Will people use the old set Judd to VC trick, or the Duigan emergency trick...

Interesting.....

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

*bump*

<blockquote>Quote from Thunda on March 23, 2011, 13:32
    Someone has pulled out of the league, put the word guys, that we have one spot left in the league.</blockquote>

6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Thunda on March 23, 2011, 13:32
    Someone has pulled out of the league, put the word guys, that we have one spot left in the league.</blockquote>

lol - never logon to SC when tired ! I tried joining my team into another league last night but must have used the "leave this league" option instead of "join/create a 2nd league"

for anyone who is not already in the Trading Games League but is interested in the concept I have created a Div 2 league 821892 - 99&#37; probably wont fill so maybe put a TS in your team name so you stand out !

Eckie - if you are doing the TS write up do you want to join the Div 2 league so that you can keep track of any teams who join who might do very very well?

7. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from LiQuiD_SiXx on March 16, 2011, 21:00

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, H.Shaw, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Duigan, Toy, Lower)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Montagna, D.Swallow, Conca, Harris (Hibberd, Pittard, Bewick)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Keeffe)

Fwds: N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, Sylvia, A.Krakouer, Prestia (Matera, Richardson, Darling)

&#36;5400 in the bank</blockquote>

for anyone who is interested in joining Div 2 you have to start by selecting the above 33 players for round 1.

you can then switch your mpp players around if you want and also select your starting 22, captain and emgs !

8. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from TheTassieHawk on March 23, 2011, 19:00

Eckie - if you are doing the TS write up do you want to join the Div 2 league so that you can keep track of any teams who join who might do very very well?</blockquote>

Yeah I'll do that now.

9. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

Ok...let's get the word out about Div 2 guys...there are an extra 14 spots up for grabs if anyone's interested.

It would be great if we could fill the league with people from TS.

10. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

so i'd just thought i'd role out the rules again...just so everyone is clear before the 1st round gets under way...

1. select the team as chosen by Liquid Sixx (which i will bump after this post)
    2. once you have chosen your team, chose your own starting 22
    3. chose your own C, VC, and emo's
    4. NO trades are to be made before the round 1 lockout
    5. after round 1 you will have the 2 trades per round to use at your own will.

although there is no cash prize or anything, bragging rights will definately go to the victor as the "smartest" supercoach on TS.

it's just a bit of fun, and it should be interesting to see how different everyone's squads/scores are at the end of the year, after starting with the same squad of 33.

as mentioned before, i will plan on doing an end of round entry onto the forum every week (time permitting), to let everyone know how its going.

if i have left any rules or other important pieces of information out, please feel free to post.

good luck to everyone! :)

11. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from LiQuiD_SiXx on March 16, 2011, 21:00

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, H.Shaw, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Duigan, Toy, Lower)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Montagna, D.Swallow, Conca, Harris (Hibberd, Pittard, Bewick)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Keeffe)

Fwds: N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, Sylvia, A.Krakouer, Prestia (Matera, Richardson, Darling)

&#36;5400 in the bank</blockquote>

*bumped*

12. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

I'm good to go.

13. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

Good to go. How is the second league filling? any interest?

14. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

Poorly...it's only me in there now...tassiehawk must have pulled out...

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

damn it. i got so wound up in my 'real' team i forgot to make changes/set emos before the game. oh well, Duigan's 58 is now lost forever... :'(

let's hope Otten gets 58+

16. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Look at what you have created!! Your league is sitting in #11 place! :D Way to go!

17. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

haha tell me about it! this team only took me 2 minutes to make as well

18. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Well done everyone! Its clear the few who forgot captain choices.

Also am surprised there were no draws!

19. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

For everyone interested...i will be submitting my first weekly update for this comp soon.

20. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

Well, as promised, here is the first of my weekly updates for the Too Serious “Trading Games” League.

Firstly, I would like to say “kudos” to Liquid_Sixx for picking what turned out to be a pretty decent team, especially for one that took only a few minutes to put together. 

In fact, we did so well as a league, we are ranked 11th overall, as Walesy already mentioned earlier in the thread. I think we can definitely aim to finish higher than that by years end!

So, after the first round has been completed, we already have a solitary leader. Team Ramrod, coached by J, finished with the higest score for the week, amassing a total of 2387, closely followed by CrownJulz the 2nd and The Baron VonGinasII on 2379.

There were 5 teams that finished on 2376, Bookie and Anthak II both finished on 2368, NTthunda made 2324, PNG Rsakols 2208, and Channel4NewsTeam 2193.

Bringing up the rear, so to speak, were D OfaPerfectSquare and Swallow This!! both with 1980.

It will be interesting to see what trades are completed from here on in.

If anyone has any other information they would like me to include in future weeks, please let me know.

So now let the (trading) games begin! :)