SideBottom Vs Danger Vs Gray

Discussion in 'AFL' started by GaryReal, Mar 6, 2012.

1. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from AngryAnt on March 8, 2012, 13:43
    Lewis has played in the midfield predominantly throughout the past 5 years, has he not?</blockquote>

Predominantly, yes. However he probably spent about 20&#37;-25&#37; of his time up forward, and has as long as I can remember. Off and on in 2008-09 he was also used as a defensive forward, a role later filled by whitecross. The main thing that makes him an interesting option this year is that Clarkson said given the recruiting of Gunston and the emergence of guys like Bruest and Poppy, that he plans to use Lewis solely as a midfielder, he said he believed that is where he is able to have the biggest impact. I'll try and dig up the exact quote.

2. The_General

The_General Member

Two massive problems with Lewis is the competition for points, especially if cyril doesn't break down, as well as the very tough run the hawks have at the start.

P.S he gets suspended a lot.

3. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_General on March 9, 2012, 10:48
    Two massive problems with Lewis is the competition for points, especially if cyril doesn't break down, as well as the very tough run the hawks have at the start.

P.S he gets suspended a lot.</blockquote>

The spread of points is a fair point, but I don't think he has been suspended since round 3 2008...

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from The_General on March 9, 2012, 10:48
    P.S he gets suspended a lot.</blockquote>

If he hasn't he should have been.

5. Stampede

Stampede Member

Great discussion. These players do seem to have significant reward to go with the risk. My question, however, is whether this mainly relevant to those shooting for the &#36;50k, ie, you may need to nail one of these middling options who goes up a la Fyfe 2011 if you're going to challenge for the whole thing? But if you'd be happy finishing top 1000-2000 would it be safest to go pure GNR with cookie cutter prems and just try to get the rookies right?

6. Sainterz12

Sainterz12 Member

Dangermouse scoring well for Adelaide today. Gosh he is tempting!
    Sidebottom got a nice 87 DT for Collingwood and Gray is on track for 90-100 at 3 quarter time in his match.

Grrrr. Why can't two fall down now

7. Tango

Tango New Member

Zaharakis only scored 34DT on Friday night. I live overseas, so I haven't seen any of NAB Cup. Was he being rotated through the bench a lot with limited game time, or was he just playing predominantly half forward? Based on the games of Danger, Sidebottom and Gray, he might have just played himself out of most people's mid-price options.

8. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

@ tango

Thinking the same thing. Zaha is in my side at the moment and am extremely tempted to put Dangerfield back in my side. Maybe Sando's game plan is just what he needed to up his consistency.

Appears to be flying atm

9. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Will be interested to see how the Mouse goes in a game with round intensity like the "NAB GF" lol ends up being.

10. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Lucas, my tip is that Danger and his team will crumble under the increased pressure of "NAB GF" intensity, and the other mob will win! :p

FWIW I had Zaha in my team, but since he has obviously decided to not turn up to any of the games the bombers were supposed to play (dig-dig), I've dropped him for Gray and will likely use the extra 10c in cash to tweak the rookie selections...

11. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Is Gray travelling that well though?

12. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Nah I think Adelaide will win it simply because they seem to want it more

13. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Find it quite funny how there's been comments about Gray being over-hyped etc at the same time as Danger gets pumped up, yet Danger has scored well in 2 games where he's been under stuff all pressure - watch him crumble as usual when he has to play under real pressure!!!

14. hench

hench New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Nick on March 8, 2012, 12:25
    Is anyone at all considering Lewis from Hawthorn? Will definitely run through the mids and can score well.

Was he a FWD last year? Can't remember.

Seems to be never mentioned in these FWD/MID discussions. Too much competition for points? Unrealistic to say he'd improve by 10 ppg?

Not sold - but just realised he's never mentioned. </blockquote>

First year as a FWD so has become fantasy relevant. Don't think he'll improve that much but should still get you 87-92 average for the year in both comps.

Only problem is that he has the same bye week as Franklin (obviously) and Dustin Martin. Which is fine in SC because you would have to upgrade him for a gun with a R11 or R12 bye but in DT I'd be happy with him in my side all year.

15. hench

hench New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bearfly on March 11, 2012, 12:13
    Find it quite funny how there's been comments about Gray being over-hyped etc at the same time as Danger gets pumped up, yet Danger has scored well in 2 games where he's been under stuff all pressure - watch him crumble as usual when he has to play under real pressure!!!</blockquote>

Some of those highlight packages of Danger running through the middle do look very impressive and make you want to think this is the year.

16. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Dangermouse looks the goods after GF win reckon he will have an excellent year

17. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Dangerfield only scored 80 in a side that won comfortably, might be a year away still

18. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I think Danger looked fantastic, played the whole game in the middle from what I saw and looked great.

19. Turbs

Turbs New Member

yeah he shared equal clearances with vince who won the medal and was imo 2nd best midfielder for the crows, looked pretty good.
    Looking like seeing alot of midfield action this year and will only improve on sat night

20. hayesing

hayesing New Member

he spent that long in the mid and still only got 80 in a side that had a large &#37; of the possession. id have to agree with angryant... or go further and say he may never hit his potential, just keep teasing us a bit each preseason.