Sky Racing Star Stable - Spring Carnival Fantasy comp

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Bearfly, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

WHAT A BRILLIANT MARE SHE IS - Hands and heels all the way

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

pretty sure I have Descarado :D

3. Bearfly

You sure do Sainter, combine his win with the champion mare Black Caviar's and that really boosts your winnings - wouldn't be surprised if you're close to overtaking me after my poor day with only the great mare paying off for me!!!

4. whips

whips New Member

So Helmet heads to the Cox Plate? Yes!
    Does Atlantic Jewel? Surely not at her 5th start.
    But this must be the weakest Cox Plate I've seen.
    And it is the weakest Caul Cup I've seen.
    It looks like a Wednesday Sandown Hcp.

5. graeme

graeme Guest

that's a bit unfair on Sandown whips!

This week in all games is all about horses in the Caufield Cup, finishing eighth there is better than winning most of the rest of the card = simple startegy.
    good luck
    regards
    chels

6. Bearfly

@ whips

Looking at the Cup field I have to say that I agree but also disagree with your comment.

On the one hand I agree because the quality of local horses in this year's field is abysmal to say the least - but on the other hand, I have to disagree because of the simple fact of the weight of numbers of international representatives in the race, personally I wouldn't be surprised to see the top weight street them, he's a quality WFA & Hcp performer in HK and Moore wouldn't bring him out here for nothing.

Honestly find it hard to see anything but internationals filling the placings!!!

7. graeme

graeme Guest

hope the health is improving Bear and the surgery is successful. We need your smiling face and comments mate
    regards
    chels

8. Bearfly

Cheers chels,

Surgery scheduled for 10am Monday morning and will be spending just that night in hospital, so I only have the misfortune of suffering hospital food that evening and the next morning!!!

Hopefully my housemate will bring my laptop up there on Monday arvo so I can log in here sometime that evening, otherwise it's going to be a bloody boring nights stay :)

9. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

All the best for Monday Bear.

Should heal quickly once it's done.

Just stick to the program. No Group W behaviour required.

10. whips

whips New Member

Good luck Monday, Bear.
    And yes, you're right.
    I guess I was bemoaning the fact that the Aussie staying contingent looks mediocre but your point on the internationals is well received.

Also, to clarify my comment on Atlantic Jewel. "Surely not" meant "surely hope so". She looks very exciting.

Along with Sepoy, Helmet and of course The mare, we've got some great horses to go and see - just not Aussie stayers.

Good luck to all for the weekend. I think I'm going to struggle in the Sportal comp.

11. Bearfly

Thanks whips & andy, much appreciated - am actually looking forward to the op (spare parts removal).

Just watched the first 2 races from Caulfield, thankfully there doesn't seem to be any track bias this week.

Good win by Galah in the 2nd coming from last to over-run Masthead in good style - and that makes it a good start for me after changing my stable jockey from Nolan to McEvoy at the last minute - should have at least one more win from him today on Sepoy!!!

Looking forward to the Cup today.

12. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Picked the Cup winner in the comp and got 18% of the Big 6 for $2,300 on $50 outlay. Life's good.

13. Bearfly

Well done mate - personally, I managed to get the exacta x 10, boxed 5 with the winner the only local horse.

Must admit though, Lucas Cranach was definitely the run of the race - 3rd last till just before the turn and run home strongly - top effort considering the setbacks during the week and can only get better from that run.

Also liked the performances of Green Moon & Manighar - but am absolutely disgusted with the ridiculous ride on the top weight by Beadman, what the hell did he think he was doing!!!

14. Sainter

Sainter New Member

When you trade a horse, that already has winnings, do you lose all of those winnings? Same with the jockeys... not sure how to go about the trading when it's trading period again..

15. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

No Sainter, you don't lose winnings. Same as SC trades, you don't lose when you trade a player. I just try to find the winner of the richest race of the meeting and pick the jockey with the most likely best rides. Good luck.

16. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

@melbandy & Bearfly, also had a great day at Caulfield
    built my spring kitty up a bit, but wish I had've laid some more on Southern Speed who with Tullamore was Bossy's tips on the racing channel on friday.

Big day In one event can get you back up the table nicely with 1.92mil over the day.
    Cox Plate looks alot tougher to pick, might have to spread the field....

17. graeme

graeme Guest

hope all went well Bear - are the spare parts on ebay?

Top weekend coming up, hope the post-op drugs do not affect your performance!

regards
    chels

18. graeme

graeme Guest

BTW, Bear are you the administrator for sky racing's star stable?
    Alcopop - Vladimir has no stable and is destroying our overall performance. Could we get him to put a stable in or put him down? Hate to sound heavy handed, but .......

regards
    chels

19. Bearfly

Hey chels, all went well - unfortunately haven't been able to put the spare parts on ebay - some bloody pathetic law regarding the prohibition of selling body parts!!! :D

Should be ok for the weekend, don't think the post-op drugs will adversely affect my performance - just hope the stewards don't swab me if I manage a good performance :D

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the non-performing stable - will have to take action on that so our overall performance doesn't get adversely affected anymore!!!

EDIT: On a good note, had a beauty of a day on the punt in the Geelong Cup - won a stack on the winner, cleaned up on the exacta and trifecta multiple times, built my kitty up to a very healthy level ready to make a killing on the big one on the first Tuesday in November :)

I must say though, when it comes to trying to decipher the international form for the Cup this year, it will pay off if you concentrate on those horses with strong formlines through the quality French races - Wednesdays winner of the Geelong Cup, Dunaden, was an easy selection simply through it's recent defeat of Americain - I was shocked and pleasantly pleased to be able to get 7's about him and absolutely loaded up - and he didn't disappoint with a well judged ride from Craig Williams who looks to be the form jockey atm

20. graeme

graeme Guest

good news on all fronts by the sounds Bear.

also loaded up here on Dunaden, which BTW is at 25,000 in the Sky Racing game!

Reckon you are right about the French form which makes Shewan's form look pretty good albeit not treated to well at the weight.

However, i'll be hoping the French form is weak in Sunday's final of the RWC!

regards
    chels