Sky Racing Star Stable - Spring Carnival Fantasy comp

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Bearfly, Sep 29, 2011.

1. kaiser

kaiser New Member

Morning all, would anybody have a link to a live stream for todays racing?

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

3. kaiser

kaiser New Member

Hey Bearfly,

Thanks very much for the link however I am in Singapore and they block Bigpond racing it to viewers outside of Australia.

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Just need Americain to get up in this next race and i clean up with my 3 legged multi of Manawanui into Black Caviar into Americain.....

But just on the Cav, what a freaking star. Doesnt even need to use the whip!!

5. Bearfly

Seems like great minds think alike SKT - plonked a lazy $200 0n the same multi :)

Agree with your sentiments regarding the Mighty Mare - will be looking forward to seeing her burn off a good field for once in the Patinack in a fortnight's time (she might even get out of 1st gear for a change)!!!

As for the win by Americain, I honestly believe they might as well pack the Cup off to France again because I can't honestly see much that can beat him or Dunaden apart from a couple of other Internationals - looks like we could be seeing a Cup with the top 4 - 6 placings filled by Internationals (Lucas Cranach, Manighar & Jukebox Jury if it runs) - what locals can match them!!!

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Yes was great multi, and my day was topped off by cleaning up on Pinker Pinker :)

Totally agree with Americain, just cant see anyone beating him.

7. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Well done guys. I myself was on the edge of glory in the Big 6 but got blown out by the camel that won the last. To rub salt in the wound got 2nd & 3rd.

8. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

I was in the same boat Melbandy, I thought I had all of my bases covered with 5 runners in the last leg but got smoked by ocean wanderer at $51. Sure did sting seeing the big6 pay 50k!

9. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

The Camel got me too guys, was starring down half the field in the last and then had places 2 thru to 7. Also my quaddie legs would have netted me the First 4's all day, (If only I had've ballsed up and put them on), Oh Well Fav Day of racing for the year coming up this Saturday, Group one Day.... Looking at getting some balls and going large....

10. Bearfly

Well, looking at the 2nd acceptances and order of entry for the Cup, could be in for the 1st ever Melbourne Cup without an Aussie born n bred runner - about time breeders stopped breeding sprinters and concentrated on milers/stayers, that's where the main money and breeding dollars are around the world!!!

@ dabombers - I'm with you mate, always look forward to Derby Day, is the best race day in the world with all races Black Type - bring it on, built my kitty from $175 to $420 on Saturday (may even top it up to an even $500) - bring on the top races!!!

11. whips

whips New Member

Hi Bear and fellow punters.
    Interesting discussion about breeding.
    While I agree that the big money around the world is with the miler/stayers, it also takes a lot of luck to find one to compete on that stage.
    Given that, most horses sold through the Aussie sales are destined for Aussie racing and so why wouldn't you look at the precocious types that can race as a 2YO in a $4M (or whatever it's worth now) Golden Slipper? You're then only racing against a select few of your own age-group.
    Not only that, most early 2YO races are black-type so buyers can get their hands on a fairly valuable potential broodmare or even a stallion fairly quickly.
    I fully agree with the sentiment expressed and it's extremely disappointing that we no longer breed quality stayers.
    The Golden Slipper has a lot to answer for in that regard.

More importantly, bring on Derby Day. Yep, the best race day in the world.
    Good luck to all on the punt.

12. Bearfly

Well, just watched the Lexus and a great staying effort by Niwot sees him secure a Cup berth.

Must say it was a terrible ride by Hall on the favourite!!!

But looking at others from that race who are in the early 20's in the order of entry I cannot see any merit in Hayes, Waterhouse or Lynds paying up for final acceptances this arvo for Tactic, Older Than Time & Booming - none of them deserve a run in the big one.

Am still yet to see anything that will challenge the 2 French horses, Lucas Cranach, Illo & a few other International entries!!!

13. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

SCREW YOU GREEN MOON!!!!

Taking punt on Atlantic Jewell & Sepoy to live up to favouritsm

On Southern Speed in Mackinnon and Perfect Punch in Derby.

14. Bearfly

SKT - just watch out for my namesake to upset your applecart in the Coolmore :D

Luckily I avoided Green Moon in my Multi - Galah in the 1st made my heart skip a beat until he nailed it on the line - now i've got it riding on the Jewel

EDIT - and now they're just lining up for the minor prizemoney in the Oaks - what a great performance by the Jewel

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Got on Jewell in OAKS yesterday, so loving that!! Much better odds then what will be now.....

16. Bearfly

Niwot shortens in Cup markets from 100/1 to 18/1

17. Bearfly

Am absolutely disgusted with the VRC not using discretionary powers and allow The Verminator & Older Than Time to make the field ahead of Bauer!!!

At least Bauer has shown he is up to the quality of the field, whereas the 2 horses making it ahead of him didn't even look like being a threat today, and they will be exactly the same on Tuesday.

Disgusting VRC!!!

18. whips

whips New Member

I agree Bear.
    I had this argument with a coupla mates a few years ago.
    They howled me down cos they reckon that owners that have qualified "fair and square" should be allowed to run.
    But if the VRC have discretionary powers - use them.
    Otherwise take the discretionary powers away.
    It doesn't make sense to me!!

Disappointing day on the punt and Temple Of Boom would have got me out. Close but not to be!
    It's been a very good Spring so can't complain.

19. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Hey boys,

Narrowed it down to 3 for my bet for the Melbourne Cup, who's got the best value (I'm going $something each way). So, I've narrowed it down to Unusual Suspect, Lucas Cranach (is his hoof okay?) and Illo. What do you think, who would you bet on? Really have no idea who I should go with...

Cheers boys

20. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

God damn it Atlantic Jewell has pulled out of the OAKS.