Sky Racing Star Stable - Spring Carnival Fantasy comp

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Bearfly, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Cheers mate, that does help. Normally I'm not either but I need to boost the betting account balance for the Oaks

2. graeme

graeme Guest

true whips, I should have said "at this point in time" or some other pr speak apology.

I have been surprised by the disparity in values of horses in the two comps. Dunaden 25 in the star stable and 500 in the sportal.

Like you I am not sure if Mosheen will get the 2500m trip but she has been there since day one.

best of luck and keep raiding the TAB and / or bookies

regards
    chels

3. Thanks Bear, spot on mate. I'll probably be keeping an eye on any tips you make from here

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

No probs mate - hope that nice little trifecta boosted the balance a bit :)

Another $500+ goes into my kitty ready for tommorrow, Saturday and the weekend after!!!

5. Yeah it certainly did champ

6. Bearfly

Looking for a bit of value in the Oaks today - apart from the logical tips at the top of the field (Mosheen, Dowager Queen, Gliding & Rahveel) it might be worth a few quid each way on the #11 Pentimento, she's certainly bred to give this one hell of a shake (check her breeding here) http://www.risa.com.au/FreeServices/PedigreeReport.aspx?RefNo=8440385

Although she's still a bit inexperienced she's under the care of a very astute trainer and is worth a look at about $15

7. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

I had 3 "guesses" for the trifecta... I should have gone with my gut (frist one).

Impressive ride by Mosheen though.

8. Bearfly

Would've been nice to see the rest of the field actually try and make it a true staying test - And I am absolutely disgusted with Corey Brown's indecisive ride on Pentimento, couldn't decide whether to go down the outside or the inside in the straight and ended up almost running up the rear of 2 others before he made a decision to go the rails when it was to late!!!

9. graeme

graeme Guest

Wow, Mosheen. Quality will out.

Spewing on the trifecta, had a decent lash with Vittoria and Rahveelto run third with the two favourites.

Three winners from Luke Nolen from here in would round out a good day!

regards
    chels

10. Bearfly

Chels - you weren't alone with the trifecta!!!

If only Vittoria could've held out Hayes's filly for 3rd I would've had it 5 times!!!

Well, now it's on to Black Caviar Day :) Looking at King's Rose in the Emirates, but will probably boost my stable with a couple of other chances in that race considering it's worth a million - already have the mighty mare in to earn me the winners cheque in the Patinack.

And don't forget that the Sportal comp continues the following weekend as well.

11. graeme

graeme Guest

g'day Bear, sad story mate. I'll have a beer for you.

As well as the champion mare I have Jimmy Choux and King's Rose in the Sky game. Two picks to come to try to hold onto what I hope is a lead.

Take it easy amigo
    regards
    chels

12. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but with only 7 horses in the Patinack and Black Caviar a shoe-in for at least a place, but much more likely the win, then doesn't that make only 15 possible box trifecta combinations?

13. Bearfly

@ BB

I wouldn't even bother with a boxed trifecta in the Patinack, stand out the Mighty Mare to win from the rest coz nothing in the race has the potential to get close to her - she'll be lucky if she has to move out of 1st gear!!!

14. Her odds aren't the best because of that though

15. Bearfly

16. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Anything looking good for a bet on Emirates day? Not sure I'd bet on the Patinack, not sure where you'd get you money back.

Btw does anyone else feel like these wins are cheap or Black Caviar when they're only against 5-10 horses? The Schweppes was just a show imo.

On the Oaks, it was interesting that Moreen wouldn't have races had Atlantic Jewel raced.

17. whips

whips New Member

@ port
    I don't think Black Caviar's wins are cheap.
    The same was said about Lonhro racing against 6-7 horses in those WFA races in Sydney.
    You can only win and throughout his career he showed his champion qualities - although some wins were a walk in the park.

Given BC's exploits against Hay List in previous seasons shows how good she is. Hay List would beat the country's best sprinters by 3-5L and BC would beat him by 3-5.

I'm with your implied point that it would be great to see her get overseas OR have some of the world's best come here.
    But it shouldn't "cheapen" her because no one wants to take her on. Yes, the Schweppes was just a "show" but it's not her fault.

18. Bearfly

The lack of quality sprinting opponents coming up against BC really demonstrates the inherent problems in the Australian racing industry where the breeders are breeding for speed, but unfortunately with the riches on offer in 2yo sprint races, these well bred sprinters are not coming on again as 3yo and on - they are getting burnt out as 2yo through taxing preparations as 2yo chasing the riches.

This narrow sighted view of breeding for speed is killing the breeding industry because the richest races in the nation are in fact staying races (Melbourne & Caulfield Cups, Cox Plate).

Now we have our top trainers looking to Europe for quality stayers because they can buy 2 or 3 well performed horses over there who are well suited to our staying races for the same price ($500k +) that a decently bred Australian staying yearling costs (a Zabeel foal will cost at least $500K at the yearling sales here).

If our racing clubs don't act soon, Australia will only have a breeding industry which caters for speed only within the next 20 years and all our major staying races will be won by horses bred in Europe!!!

When will Australia's racing authorities wake up and realise that the really big crowds come to the races for the meetings with the great staying races - not a bloody sprint race (races with BC excepted)!!!

19. graeme

graeme Guest

very interesting BB, very interesting.

However, with limited transfers we have to take what we have hot.

regards
    chels