Sky Racing Star Stable - Spring Carnival Fantasy comp

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Bearfly, Sep 29, 2011.

1. whips

whips New Member

Well done for posting the link BB.
    I've been reading the Dominic Beirne stuff over the carnival and I really enjoy it. He's not everyone's cup-of-tea however.
    But he lost me last week (Derby Day) when assessing the MacKinnon.
    His speed maps and race assessment were based on "the very short run to the first turn".
    Why do all the work and make a basic error like that?

Anyway, really, really like Secret Admirer tomorrow and Beirne can't find a negative.
    Given my Flem carnival, stay clear!!
    Then again, maybe I'm due.
    Good luck to all!

@Bearfly
    Agree completely.

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Put $5 on Red Tracer but no luck, looked okay halfway through but got stuck in between two strong finishers and was gone from there.

Black Caviar, just too easy, too easy!

3. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Bad luck Sainter - had 10 each way on King's Rose myself, so at least I was in the finish.

Wonder if anyone had The Fat Albert in their stable - am spewing because I read an article in the Winning Post where Chris Waller said he gave the horse a really good chance in the race, but as usual I read it after I had made my trades just before lockout!!!

But I did include him in my Quinella's & Exacta - got the Quinella 4 times & the Exacta twice - good payouts for both :D

As for Black Caviar, it's an absolute pleasure to watch her race without any $$$'s on the race - actually can enjoy the sheer beauty of the way she demolishes a field without having to be ridden hard.

Like the commentators said, Sweet 16 & never been whipped :)

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Yeah, Caviar doesn't even sprint neaer the end of her races, it's like Usain Bolt breaking the 100m record!

5. whips

whips New Member

It's funny watching her races.
    Her competitors come off the bit one at a time like balloons popping around her.
    A pure pleasure to watch her and hopefully she'll take on and beat the rest of the world soon.

6. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Anyone get the chance to check out the Breeders Classic this morning? So You Think ran a gallant 6th but I don't think Aiden O'Brien really knows what he's doing with the horse & the jockey's ride was poorly judged, took him to the lead to far out and got run down.

If he was in that race under Bart's watchful eyes and with his regular Aussie rider on board he would've been alot closer, if not won the race!!!

And as for the Yankee race callers, learn how to call a race properly, you all sound so disinterested!!!!

7. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Lots of stuff since my last post.
    Had my worst carnival in years, after promising myself that I would go big on whoever wins the Geelong Cup I went against Dunaden. Heard some late mail on Red Credaux(however its spelt) so put him in my quaddie and one Tri, but missed him in my first 4.
    Blokes day,,,,Ba Buum.....Not a winner all day.
    And Stakes Day looks like some of the horses that had form thru the winter leading up to spring came thru, but recent form on all winners in quaddie were poor. I guess thats why it paid nearly 400k....

Black Caviar.....Has Just booked a place in my Top 5 horses seen race along with Sunline, Makybe Diva, Lohnro, Fields of Omagh.
    Whats next for this great horse who knows?
    Hopefully something to prove he is the best to the French, English, American, and the Asian racing industries.

I guess every Owner/Trainers dream is to have a Melb Cup Horse, and it's just going to get harder in Oz to justify the Training required to get a Distance runner with the overseas horses coming here and dominating.
    One Trainer I've talked to has said that in racing 'anything that can go wrong will go wrong'
    and also pointed out the amount of horses that never even get to the race track.
    With most Distance runners coming into their own 4yrs and over (Usually 5-6yrs), And Sprinters, like already said getting the Moolah after 2yrs, I dont see many trainers/Owners putting in the time and energy to get a great stayer. All I can see is more people wanting to get their hands on the next Black Caviar.

Been a great game and thanks to Bearfly for bringing it to my attention, Now Back to the Multi's in Overseas Sports.....

8. graeme

graeme Guest

hi fellow race fans,
    bit of a disappointing finale at Sandown with very few of the Sportal horses running - without the Zipping iy would have been a disaster.

Thanks for organising these two fantasies Bear - much appreciated; but then I would say that! lol

regards and bring on the footy
    chels

9. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Was good fun.

Got 5 legs in Big 6 at Sandown - missed the Gallah race. Most appropriate - Doh!

10. whips

whips New Member

Thanks for organizing Bear and well done chels.
    Best I've ever gone in one of these. Nothing like a bit of TS competition to make one think a bit harder.

And can someone answer me one question. Why are 2YO races included in the points score when you can't pick a 2YO horse?

Good fun!!

11. Sainter

Sainter New Member

It was good fun even though I quite frankly sucked at it! Thanks for organizing, maybe next time I won't go on easy on you guys XD