Sub Rule to get the Red Vest

Discussion in 'Blog' started by port_leschenault, Aug 3, 2015.

By port_leschenault on Aug 3, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

There's been a lot of big news recently but in fantasy terms, not so much. However there was one piece of news overnight that was quite huge in fantasy terms for Supercoach next season:

[​IMG]

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by port_leschenault, Aug 3, 2015.

1. anthak
      anthak
      I actually think the sub rule is good for the game, not for fantasy footy, but good for AFL.

Even with the interchanges capped, I think it will be too big a disadvantage for teams who have someone get injured early in a game. The sub rule lessens the impact of game ending injuries and I think it has been good.

I also think its kinda exciting seeing who the subs are and when they come on etc. and the strategies used for subs are interesting too,

oh well.

2. JPK
      JPK
      Tend to agree Ant. From a fantasy perspective the sub rule sucks. From an intrigue perspective of actual footy, I enjoyed it. A little bit of extra strategy in the game can't be a bad thing.

Quote: 'oh well.'
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I agree with both of you

where I noticed the sub rule being painful was in draft games where the Midpricers returning from injury could get the vest which was very annoying

4. stripey
      stripey
      Scott Selwood being one of those... I have felt the pain this year myself...
    5. Owen
      Owen
      My two cents:

I didn't like the sub, and now that they have capped the interchangers I think it's even less warranted.

I kinda prefer seeing how a team reacts to a game ending injury as they have their backs to the wall against a, supposedly, faster finishing opponent.

First gamers were nearly always given the vest to start with, crap way to start their career.

Also lately it seems that in every game someone is given the concussion rest period. To my eyes it seems like this is being overused and abused.

I'll be happy to see it go, and even happier for a fantasy footy perspective too.
    6. Len
      Len
      For a team like the giants, and any other team with a heap of young guys it's a pain.
      Not only do we have to rotate players through the side, but running through the interference of the sub spot as well is difficult. Makes managing minutes harder not easier.

Can't wait to see the end of it, both from an AFL perspective and from a fantasy footy perspective.
    7. walesy
      walesy
      Agree. The decision was always Sub rule, or interchange caps.

No need to have both.

Reckon they'll tighten the caps as well.
    8. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Interesting comments! From a footballing perspective I didn't realise people enjoyed it, to me it always seemed more limiting than anything as it brings teams down to 21 players. Agree with others about the interchange cap making it redundant too.
    9. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Half his problem has been having his mind elsewhere, dreaming of fishing the Barwon River with his brother ;)
    10. RPritch
      RPritch
      Agree. I think it is ordinary at best as well and was also surprised at the first two comments being positive about it. Not that it matters, everyone has their own opinion
    11. anthak
      anthak
      Yeah, I think we'd be the minority in favour of the subs. There seems to be overwhelming support for their removal.
    12. G-Train
      G-Train
      I don't think they should have touched the game at all, we will probably end up full circle in the end.
    13. anthak
      anthak
      Thats a fair point
    14. Nick
      Nick
      Agreed will be great to see the end of it, from all perspectives.