Supercoach 2013 Official Discussion

Discussion in 'AFL' started by thokash, Oct 17, 2012.

1. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/supercoach-news/supercoach-2013-have-your-say/story-fn88c7kz-1226497667168

Interesting points brought up, this could be one of the biggest changes to SuperCoach over the years:
    - FREE! Fantasy Draft
    - extra trades and/or emergencies
    - rolling lockout

After being involved in ORFFL and UltimateFooty for the first time this year, I can obviously get behind the option for a draft competition (about time). The rolling lockout is an interesting one, and one I feel advantages the 'hardcore' players that watch all the live games (I'm included in this group) a bit too much. Trades/emergencies I'll reserve my judgement on until the full fixture and bye schedule.

Discuss!

2. Fez

Fez Moderator

Love love love drafts

3. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

I like the idea of supercoach pro and would play it if it were free but not sure how the drafting would work how do they determine who gets picks one and who gets pick 18? If I get 1 and peter pan gets 18 for example it seems a tad unfair?

24 trades is enough imho, and two trades a week is laughable how easy do they want to make the game?? Even 30 i think is too many, it will make it too easy for everyone to have all star teams by seasons end rather than having to work for it as you do now.

Would love to see the rolling lockout come into effect so that games arent taken away from you by late changes and no more guesswork with who’ll be the sub, and the 4 emergencies gets a big tick from me.

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Good if you can watch all the live games Johnny. For those that cannot, is there anything on the net that advises late withdrawals a minute before the bounce? Not sure the extra emergency bench would be a great help (better than nothing though) as most coaches struggle to have more than one EMG playing in any position. Good that they recognize and are addressing the problem of LWD.

What does free fantasy draft spell for ORFFL/ORFFA? Can we make them a superior product?

5. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Although it does cause a lot of unrest in the SuperCoach community, I don't want to see rolling lockouts come into affect. Yes, the late withdrawals are bloody annoying but that's what emergencies are for. IMO they should keep the lockout as is and increase to 4 emergencies.

The free draft is gonna be awesome. For those who aren't a part of ORFFA/ORFFL it's going to be great to try and plan a draft; especially if there is also a trade period.

There is probably going to be a decrease in the amount of DPP's which mightn't be too bad as it should cause teams to be less similar and separate the SuperCoaches from the duds. Already looking forward to next year's SuperCoach!!!

6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I played SC Gold draft last year, the ORFFL & ORFFA have zero to worry about.

I like 30 trades, 24 is not enough (for me), certainly wasn't last year, key injuries and byes killed me last year.

I don't like the rolling lockout, it was annoying in UF, and it forces you to have a far greater involvement in the game every hour of the weekend than I can sustain.

7. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

My preference is extra emerg's (say one per line) with no more trades & no rolling lockout.

I like the idea that you need yr playing emerg's & not have nuffies - with yr money spent on more gun players because you have extra trades, to fall back on.

8. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Hope they do drop the bye but I have plans in case they don't, THIS WILL BE HOLKY'S YEAR!

9. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

If they listen to what everyone is complaining about, it will become too easy. This year was intense as we had to try and work around things. Those who know their stuff would have done well. I agree 100% with HeavyMen. Don't need a rolling lockout and no more trades.

10. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

I think 4 emg would be great and also when selecting 2 emg in the 1 position being able to select one as primary and one secondary so none of this only getting the lowest score when activated

11. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I have gotta say that draft leagues would be a lot of fun but the trade off would be the removal of an overall ranking and i would probably miss that a lot more than i realise

For thensupercoach game as we know it it is tough to find a decent solution to the bye rounds that works for both overall and league strategies, and would be simple to follow for both casual and more serious players,, while extra trades inckuding some " use it or lose it " trades during bye rounds could work to reduce donuts the increase would proably need to be a maximum of 5 or 6 trades not 3 like last year and for me thats too many trades to make in one week

An alternative could be to reduce the team size from 22 (7+6+2+7) to 16 (5+4+2+5) for the bye weeks, and keep trades at either 2 like normal weeks or 3 like in 2012. And yes i did see a similar idea in either orffa or orffl

Does anyone else have a simple idea to make the bye week issue a bit easier next year ??

12. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Broughton at the Suns will interest many, word on the street is he will be d/f. Not many other reliable defenders with lids and carrots likely to go, then again I do value my sanity.... intruiging

13. Easy solution for the bye rounds is to start league competition from the first round and have league byes in SC matching the real ones, although obviously they don't want to do that for some reason

14. TheTassieHawk

@bb - 23 rounds - 3 bye weeks = 20 weeks but this year with 18 teams SC was 17 matches plus 4 weeks for finals = 21 weeks

so we would need to play one match during the bye weeks, while it isnt perfect it is much better than the lottery of having 3 weeks where soem teams are donut ridden and others are not

15. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

@tassiehawk thats how I think they should do the bye weeks, just one match during a bye should be too hard to negotiate at all might even be quite interesting, but three seemed to really drag on last week and i thought a few people seemed to lose interest.

@ yamum i like your suggestion about the emergencies.

when will we find out about the changes?

16. Popey

Popey Member

<blockquote>Quote from Senator96 on October 26, 2012, 12:07
    @tassiehawk thats how I think they should do the bye weeks, just one match during a bye should be too hard to negotiate at all might even be quite interesting, but three seemed to really drag on last week and i thought a few people seemed to lose interest.

@ yamum i like your suggestion about the emergencies.

when will we find out about the changes? </blockquote>

I'd say by he end of November/early December the changes will be finalised.
    Personally I want 4 emergencies and 24 trades.
    A feature I would like to see could be one for a few years time, where you could nominate one player on the field under a fitness cloud, of whom you could swap for a bench player if they pull out before the game. It would mean that you still had to be good enough to know who is an who isn't under an injury cloud. Maybe something to think about...

17. TheTassieHawk

<blockquote>Quote from BlueBeliever on October 26, 2012, 08:43
    23 rounds?</blockquote>

22 matches + 1 bye per team = 23 rounds as per 2012 !?!

18. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Hamish Hartlett is going to be DPP next year!!

19. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Draw's been released, still got multibyes. Need to plan accordingly, I'm doing research on win/loss comparisons varying between players.