Supercoach 2013 Official Discussion

Discussion in 'AFL' started by thokash, Oct 17, 2012.

1. The Red Vest

The Red Vest New Member

G'day all!!! Excited for season 2013 in Supercoach to kick off, can't wait! What are the thoghts on Scott Thompson(Adel) for this coming season? Pretty sold on all other premiums in my side and was wondering if he should be a lock for me or is there a player cheaper that is a big chance you think of producing a better season points wise?? (Dont have enough cash to upgrade him, must be a player cheaper) Thanks in advance guys and girls!

2. G-Train

G-Train Member

The Red Vest wrote:
    G'day all!!! Excited for season 2013 in Supercoach to kick off, can't wait! What are the thoghts on Scott Thompson(Adel) for this coming season? Pretty sold on all other premiums in my side and was wondering if he should be a lock for me or is there a player cheaper that is a big chance you think of producing a better season points wise?? (Dont have enough cash to upgrade him, must be a player cheaper) Thanks in advance guys and girls! Thompson would be a POD with most people stocking up with acombo ofthe true elites (Pendles, GAJ, Swan, Jobe) then mid range improvers like Mundy, Shuey, Fyfe and rookies. I had Thommo for the entirety of 2012 and he didnt give me enough to be honest. I cant see him improving (29 years old and Sloane/Danger developing) and he wont make you cash. He averaged 110 which isn't enough for my liking as a permenant elite in your initial team selection that basically has little chance of improving. The 4 scores under 80 really hurt when you are at the pointy end of the rankings or aiming for it. I can see him averaging 105-110 and having a similar season in terms of quiet games and great games.

3. DC

DC Member

With the extra trades this year it opens up the door for a few risks to be taken with 'injury prone' players... Fyfe, Rioli, Grimes, Harlettetc....

4. grav

grav Guest

And so it begins...... People's thoughts on Rookie/Mid/Prem/Elite combination?
    Biggest decision for me is number of Rookies to make cash.
    Last years winner started with 13 Rookies and Prompts the year before had around 15. Thinkin that with extra midfield places and extra trades, there might be scope for fatter and quicker cows there.
    Extra trades could also mean there is less risk in gambling on a few extra mid pricers.
    Thoughts?

5. The Red Vest

The Red Vest New Member

Philosoraptor wrote:
    The Red Vest wrote:
    G'day all!!! Excited for season 2013 in Supercoach to kick off, can't wait! What are the thoghts on Scott Thompson(Adel) for this coming season? Pretty sold on all other premiums in my side and was wondering if he should be a lock for me or is there a player cheaper that is a big chance you think of producing a better season points wise?? (Dont have enough cash to upgrade him, must be a player cheaper) Thanks in advance guys and girls! Thompson would be a POD with most people stocking up with acombo ofthe true elites (Pendles, GAJ, Swan, Jobe) then mid range improvers like Mundy, Shuey, Fyfe and rookies. I had Thommo for the entirety of 2012 and he didnt give me enough to be honest. I cant see him improving (29 years old and Sloane/Danger developing) and he wont make you cash. He averaged 110 which isn't enough for my liking as a permenant elite in your initial team selection that basically has little chance of improving. The 4 scores under 80 really hurt when you are at the pointy end of the rankings or aiming for it. I can see him averaging 105-110 and having a similar season in terms of quiet games and great games. Thanks for the reply mate. Will be definitely consider other options, like the look of Shuey and even S.Selwood

6. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Is TS still going to have those minigames, e.g. guess the average?

7. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

Should be more opportunity to make a lot of cash with the number of mids we can pick... GENERALLY speaking the mid-rookies will make more money, so we can pick more of them. Stock up on primo FWD/MID's and FWD/RUC's in the fwd line

8. DC

DC Member

AchillesII wrote:
    Should be more opportunity to make a lot of cash with the number of mids we can pick... GENERALLY speaking the mid-rookies will make more money, so we can pick more of them. Stock up on primo FWD/MID's and FWD/RUC's in the fwd line Yeah, thats what I will be doing at this stage.

9. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Goddard should score really well in SC this year, if he turns out to be the only Essendon player who ASADA allows to play each week...

10. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

Goddard could kick it to Daniher.

11. graeme

graeme Guest

touche and very funny guys - we have other rookies and should be able to field (maybe) a six man team. Perhaps that might be more than your club when the supplement saga has run its course?

12. grav

grav Guest

Any Cats fans out there with the oil on Ruck preferences at the Cattery? Reading that H-Mac is on restricted program from last yrs LARS so wondering who is next in queue to be R1? If Vardy looked good for some early game time then he could definately work as a starting R2 in SC until H-Mac returns

13. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

How come nobody is talking about byes this year? Last year it was the talk of the town but I've barely heard them mentioned this year. Are they no longer a big deal?

14. Podsi_53

Podsi_53 Guest

Still an issue, but not as great of one, mainly due to the amount of trades we're allowed this year.

15. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Or rather, because during each round from R11 through R13, you only need to count the best 18 players from your squad of 30, rather than your best 22. Means you can cop 4 extra donuts before needing to pull the trade trigger in these rounds.

16. TomCat

TomCat New Member

gravenger wrote:
    Any Cats fans out there with the oil on Ruck preferences at the Cattery? Reading that H-Mac is on restricted program from last yrs LARS so wondering who is next in queue to be R1? If Vardy looked good for some early game time then he could definately work as a starting R2 in SC until H-Mac returns Josh Walker helped in the ruck last year and if H-Mac isn't fit I think Westy R1 and R2 shared between Vardy and Walker. Scott has always said he is keen for Vardy to play forward and when he played last year he spent most of his time forward and shared R2 with Walker so I guess that will be the same this year. Hoping H-Mac will be fit to play though ...

17. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

TomCat wrote:
    gravenger wrote:
    Any Cats fans out there with the oil on Ruck preferences at the Cattery? Reading that H-Mac is on restricted program from last yrs LARS so wondering who is next in queue to be R1? If Vardy looked good for some early game time then he could definately work as a starting R2 in SC until H-Mac returns Josh Walker helped in the ruck last year and if H-Mac isn't fit I think Westy R1 and R2 shared between Vardy and Walker. Scott has always said he is keen for Vardy to play forward and when he played last year he spent most of his time forward and shared R2 with Walker so I guess that will be the same this year. Hoping H-Mac will be fit to play though ... I can see H-mac playing the Ottens role this year. He'll get nursed through the season, missing 5-10 games, so he is cherry ripe forSeptember. I had Vardy locked in for R3 a long time ago. With Pods potentialmove to the backline, leaving the 2 big talls up forward being THawk and Vardy.

18. G-Train

G-Train Member

240K for the R3 is pushing it for mine, especially when he might average 60 and only make you 80K.

19. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

My R3 is in the Forward line (Ryder), I've decided to go with a FWD/RUC 1,2 Switch using my 2 rucks as R/Fs and as all 3 main rucks have their bye in different rounds, I'm covered during the multibye weeks.

20. doolz

doolz New Member

Sandy out for eight weeks. Could throw a spanner in the works http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/fremantle-ruckman-aaron-sandilands-out-for-two-months-with-hamstring-injury/story-e6frf9jf-1226581194429