Supercoach 2013 Official Discussion

Discussion in 'AFL' started by thokash, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

And having read the FAQ's I think that we'll be ok to keep on trading throughout the round. Choppers' post above (taken from the FAQ's) states that your team is not locked in until the start of the round AFTER you join. Which for all of us would be round 2.

2. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Having a conversation with myself here apparently, but at least I'm in full agreement!
    This from Al Paton... The SuperCoach 'guru' from the HUN: Remember with the new rolling lockout you only have to have your Essendon and Adelaide players locked in by 8.40pm Friday and any Eagles and Dockers the next night - unlimited trades continue for everyone else until at least Thursday next week.
    Seems pretty clear.

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Both of you make sense :p

4. Pilly

Pilly New Member

Thanks for all that. It now does seem clear but I sent an email to them before I'd seen this last one. By the way where was the Al Paton quote - in the paper or on a forum?

5. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Al Paton is 'Da Man' at the Hun when it comes to SuperCoach... You'll notice that a lot of the articles relating to SC on their website or in the paper are written by him.
    FWIW: He knows a lot about the game, but I have no idea how well his teams actually compete.
    Edit: Sorry just reread your message: The quote was here:

6. Len

TS Seriously Lenny has a spot left, some sainters are not as committed as others apparently...

7. Pilly

Pilly New Member

I have received an answer form Supercoach which confirms what was said yesterday that we have unlimited trades during rd 1. This is the email:

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

You'll have unlimited trades throughout the round 1 rolling lockout to trade players from teams that haven't played yet.

Kind Regards,

AFL SuperCoach Support

8. Pendles_17

Pendles_17 New Member

I have Goddard and Shaw as my defender prems (D1-D2), i have Daniel Pearce there as a risk (D4). But im unsure on who I should pick as another premium... Not concerned about thier price i just want the best one, opinions? and reasons?

9. Len

Pendles_17 wrote:
    I have Goddard and Shaw as my defender prems (D1-D2), i have Daniel Pearce there as a risk (D4). But im unsure on who I should pick as another premium... Not concerned about thier price i just want the best one, opinions? and reasons? If you want premium I would go Waters over Shaw, but you could pick all three and be happy if that's your structure

10. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when private leagues are locked out? I can still see the little red crosses (as I am the admin) but I am unwilling to remove teams if randoms will just be re-added

11. Len

It wont be until next weekend, just not sure if it is atthestart or completionof R1 part 2, I think it is at thecompletionof the round.

12. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Lenh191 wrote:
    It wont be until next weekend, just not sure if it is atthestart or completionof R1 part 2, I think it is at thecompletionof the round. Thanks

13. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Now that Sandi is out for at least 3 months, and Leuenberger is confirmed to miss round 1, what are people's plan of action? Considering the vast majority have the Berger as their R2. Personally, I really rate Griffin. Had him in and out of my team for the past week, unfortunately took him out last minute to free up some cash (Berger's half-game in the magoos sucked me in). He's going to play every game for the next 12+ weeks and will average 95+ with regular 100's. To free up enough cash I need to 'downgrade' Monfries. Can get either Varcoe or Petterd. Leaning towards Petterd at this stage. What are people's thoughts? I heard that Petterd has been playing off half back, any truth to this? Has he cemented his place in the Tigers 22?

14. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Kane Mitchell has been upgraded today to the senior list. Wondering what his job security would be like, or would Wines be the better way to go,

15. DC

DC Member

Get both

16. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

DC wrote:
    Get both Have to agree with this 100% DC - both are the way to go. Just have to hear what Hinkley says about Wines to see he is going to figure in plans this season - Ken come out the other day and actually compared Ollie to Selwood when he arrived at the Cattery. And Mitchell goes about his footy exactly the way Ken is demanding from the group, hard at it and attacking (as does Ollie). Lock em both in Frosty

17. grav

grav Guest

Reading that Stevie J is out for a few more than first expected. Does this raise the stocks of Varcoe/Caddy or Christensen?

18. malbi

malbi Member

DC wrote:
    Get both Agree too that you should get both. As a Carlton supporter I love seeing a Tommy Alvin lookalike out there.

19. deliverance

deliverance Guest

rhino wrote:
    DC wrote:
    Get both Agree too that you should get both. As a Carlton supporter I love seeing a Tommy Alvin lookalike out there. Not so sure. There is still a lot of uncertainty as to whether or not he will be named tomorrow. Even if he does he could be playing quite a negative role.