Supercoach opens tonight!

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jan 28, 2016.

By walesy on Jan 28, 2016 at 5:38 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

upload_2016-1-28_17-36-38.png

Bam! 6 and a half more hours.

Then another kajillion hours of tweaking.

Then lots of cursing.

Then it's the off season again.

Ah, the circle of Supercoach, how I love thee.

• Like Like x 4

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jan 28, 2016.

• Tags:
    1. Owen
      Owen
      Man that scroll! God help you if you're using a trackpad on a small screen, there isn't any scroll arrow buttons either making it doubly annoying. Also I couldn't work out how to change the name of the league I had created (in my haste to get in quickly there was a typo), anyone know how to do that?

However the actual layout isn't too bad, just needs some tweaks on the player selection area, which is actually the most important thing for the next two months.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Jason
      Jason
      The colour palette for choosing a shield (WTF?) is bugged
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Just worked out that there are two different Melbourne players that are both M.King, Mitchell and Max.

Not twins, but same price in SC and same position!
      • Like Like x 2
    4. Owen
      Owen
      Yeah I was pressing random and I thought by the look on the screen I was getting gradient colours or something.
    5. Owen
      Owen
      HA! I thought that was a mistake too
    6. Jason
      Jason
      The so-called experts at Hun have dished up these initial teams:

Jon Ralph:

Rance, McGovern, Eski, Vlastuin, Yeo, Weitering, Hartley, Brown
      Dangerfield, Ablett, Cripps, Libba, Polec, Brayshaw, Parish, Crowley, Hopper
      Nic Nat, Lobbe, Cox
      Lynch (GC), Hogan, Hawkins, Stringer, Kerridge, Petracca

Slobbo:

McVeigh, Taylor, Jaensch, Pearce, Plowman, Brown (WC), Wagner, Brown (Ess)
      Pendlebury, GAJ, Hannebery, R.Gray, Rockliff, Parish, Kennedy (Coll), Kennedy (GWS), Gresham, Mathieson, Petracca
      Goldstein, Vardy, Derickx
      Martin, Dahlhaus, Rioli, Franklin, Kerridge, Kommer, Long, King
      Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    7. Len
      Len
      they both used an autopicker?
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Len
      Len
      Would be an awesome feature if they added a lock button, one you had to deliberately turn off to trade out a player.. This suggestion may or may not be driven by my seemingly constant urge to twiddle combined with a shit memory
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Jason
      Jason
      There's an "article" which goes through blow-by-blow reasoning for each selection.
    10. Len
      Len
      Robbo steals his ideas off Jay Clarke, nuff said :p
    11. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      No need to source that one :p

Ta
      • Like Like x 1
    12. walesy
      walesy
      I used the auto picker originally.

The only player I kept originally was Daisy. Now, no-one. :D
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      Mid price madness this year
    14. walesy
      walesy
      It's always mid-priced madness in January. :D
      • Like Like x 2
    15. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      G'day Everyone, first post this year, excited SC is open proper, disappointing that there is still 55 days to go :(

Certainly echo comments re. interface and layout, I think its horrible and cannot understand why they can't just leave well enough alone! Oh and the filter, they've gone and changed it to the crap that's used by AFL fantasy, I want my 'players I can afford' option back.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. walesy
      walesy
      I actually prefer the interface this year to last years- just need to fix up that scrolling!
    17. Owen
      Owen
      I don't mind the new layout, but picking your team on a normal widescreen monitor (assuming the majority of people have these at home or in office) leaves a huge amount of wasted green space on "the field". Some re-sizeable frames would be handy
    18. walesy
      walesy
      yeah, seems a strange choice to have it stretch out as far as possible in all cases.
    19. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Yep, that's what got me the most Owen was the actual team layout on the field, its all squashed up
    20. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Yeah tbf Walesy I'm sure I'll get over most of it pretty quickly and move on once I'm used to it (much like last year from memory) but I will be griping about the filter thing all season long!