supercoach scoring ..puzzling at times?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by VanderHaar, Apr 18, 2011.

1. hippy

hippy New Member

My bad. I didn't get a prospectus so that I didn't know. And I'm pleased to hear it. I thought from all the talk about 'influence on a game' that something must be subjective.

2. banz

banz New Member

Whilst the scoring system may be objective, the data is gathered and entered by human beings, well known for allowing their subjective processes to run rampant at times :)

It sounds a rather precise/objective methodology Hornsy, once you throw in the human element however anything can happen.

I think there are plenty scores throughout a year which raise eyebrows, no big deal, just things that make you go mmmmmm.

Not interested in buying the book either, leave that reading to you.

3. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

<blockquote>Quote from banz on April 19, 2011, 20:19
    Whilst the scoring system may be objective, the data is gathered and entered by human beings, well known for allowing their subjective processes to run rampant at times :)

It sounds a rather precise/objective methodology Hornsy, once you throw in the human element however anything can happen.

</blockquote>

While vague assertions like that are true enough at face value, the callers at CD have nothing to gain by being inaccurate/subjective and everything to lose. But I've been over this. Meh.

4. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Hey, if DT gives Bruce over 100 points for his game last week, I know which comp I prefer.