Supercoach Teams 2012

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Dogs4Life, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Yamumluvsbigcox

Yamumluvsbigcox New Member

O'Meara is a mid but cant play next year teams bid for GWS 17 year olds and have them on there list for 12 months playing reserves and they will debut 2013

DEF lake, malcesky, suban, leon neon cripps

MID rockliff martin hayes zaha montags koby stevens

Ruck hmac nik nat

FWD didak, fyfe mitchie fev

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@jibba
    Had he even been playing back though?

Don't go Dempsey, will hurn you.

Winderlich is TOO injury prone for my liking, but if he's cheap he's worth a shot I guess.

@ThePosty
    I'd think so..

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

hurt* not hurn - or could also be burn*, Dempsey fits into either category

4. Yamumluvsbigcox

ide rather be hurt than hurned

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

@ Yamum

Cripps should be a forward next year as that's where he played. Hopefully they might make him a F/B....

Tom Ledger is another young Saint to look out for. Will be rookie priced again and should get plenty of games. Only played handful before getting injured....

6. Yamumluvsbigcox

dont know if you got any news in vic but the shockers could be interested in fev that the rumours over west

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Will Fev be rookie priced? Or do you think it will be similiar to the Ben Cousins situation? If he gets picked up...

8. Yamumluvsbigcox

id think it would be his average from last year played times the magic number take 40 percent which is about 160000 ben cousins was much higher due to average of over 100

9. Tino

Tino Member

A Fevola/Ballentyne forward line would give me another reason to hate Freo.

10. Sainter

Sainter New Member

What are people's thoughts on Vickery being Ruck/Fwd? Been second to big Jack this year, and as a left field decision may consider him at F7...

Majak Daw R/F, too, seeingas he did a bit of ruck in the NAB Cup AND in the ressies too?

Liam Shiels ready to become premium or still a year off you guys reckon?
    Haven't been following his scores of late but just throwing out ideas....

Cheers.

11. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

@Sainter- I'd say Shiels is stil abit off becoming a premium, better options will be out there next year for roughly the same price.

As for vickery, i really like this kid and his development as a big man has grown quickly this year. We all know talls take that little bit longer to develop and i believe Vickery could be a find next year for supercoaches everywhere. Will benefit greatly from the young tiger team getting more experience also as delivery to him will be more efficient and more often.

I'd be staying away from Daw. Unless he is a regular in the North line up and be used as Ruck 4. Although with Goldstein and Petrie in the team i cant see him getting a spot week after week.

12. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Next year im looking at getting serious about this great fantasy game. Have played the last 4 years(including this one) and this year is the only season i have gotten right into it. Next year i will be going even harder and am keen to get some ideas of you guys(and girls) on whats the best strategy. So here are my questions.....

When picking a side at the start of the year, what do people look for in their players?

Whats the formula you go for year after year?

Do you pick a certain amount of premiums in each position and go from there?

If i was to pick one line where i go heavily on premiums, would it be Mids?

Do you go both rucks as premiums to start or one and either an up and coming ruck(nic nat), a cheap bargain option(McIntosh) or maybe just a cheap draft pick(Z.Smith this year)?

A few questions there i know, any advice or insight into how you would go about it would be much appreciated!!!!

13. easty01

easty01 New Member

Some good questions there, NWG.

What to look for when building the team?

Personally, I look for consistent scoring and durability. Most SC players have a "never again" list of players like Higgins, Grimes (and now Rioli). I'd rather a guy who gets me 100 a week for 22 weeks than someone who will score some 150s but miss 8 games.

How many premiums and where?

All depends on what's out there. It's not necessarily about loading up one line with premiums, it all depends on where the value looks to be that season.

eg. There's no point loading up your Mids with premiums if that's where all the standout rookies are. Load up elsewhere instead and use the value of those rookies to build a better team.

One premium ruck or two?

There are two schools of thought on that. Personally, I'm one of those who prefer the "set and forget" style of having a Cox/Sandi duo, but others insist you have to go one premium paired with a mid-pricer or rookie.

It's worth noting that the last couple of SC winners started with only one premium ruck.

Bottom line is you pick the combinations that work for you and always look to trade up/down rather than sideways. Good luck for 2012!

14. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@NumberWonGuns

What do people look for in their players?
    I look for conistency, as easty mentioned in a away of 100s for 22 games, rather than a few 150s but missing a few months.
    Everyone says NO to injury prone players, however I am a risktaker, and will actually look at Drummond/Didak/JBrown next year. However, Rioli, Grimes, Higgins, I know well to stay away from.

Formula/Certain amount of premiums in each position?

I've been a big one on mid pricers for a while now, however it's not the best way, as a GnR (Guns and Rookies) strategy is the best and most safest way by far, you have to nail the rookies though. I.e Duigan, Lower, Stanley, Puopolo of this year, all them guys are mature age recruits, and normally I load up my reserves on MARs, as I expect that a club would only pick up a mature age recruit if they intend on playing them.

While looking at rookies, you might find that some rookie was flying in the U18s and hadn't been noticed a lot, and you think he will be a standout, be sure to check what teams all of these gun rookies are drafted to. I.e, gun rookie slips through the draft and gets picked up by Collingwood or another team with a lot of games, how much games will they get? Not as much as they would if they were drafted to Melbourne/Port/Brissy/GWS/GCS etc.

As for premiums in each position, this year in my defense, I had 3 guns, 2 midpricers and 2 rookies, my starting midfield had 4 guns, 2 midpricers, rucks had a gun and a midpricer. My forwards had 4 guns, 2 midpricers and a rookie. Next year I plan to cut down on the midpricers, and many in the same boat should do the same, with maybe 1 in each position, 2 if they are definites. To get more thoroughly to the point on how much would you load up on each position, in my opinion, try to find an even spread, and as easty stated, the mids have the best rookies, so get a few in there for money makers, use the cash elsewhere. I normally gor 1 premium ruk and a midpricer, this year went Cox (425k) and McEvoy (310k). Next year plan to have Sandilands and Vickery. Find an even spread that maximises your points opporunities.

Other tips, look at players who have dropped massivley in price this year, and have been good in next year's NAB Cup and Pre Season Matches, Training Camp etc, for example, Brian Lake will be cheap, and if he's firing in the NAB/blah blah, don't count him as a midpricer, don't waste another player's spot that you think will have similiar impact, bring in Lake, as he is pretty much a premium when he's on.

Seeing as this forum also has said teams, I might as well put up a quick rough draft that I hope will fit under the salary;

BACKLINE
    Fisher/Goddard/Gibbs/Deledio/Lake/Drummond/Rookie
    Reserves?
    MIDFIELD
    Pendlebury/Murphy/Ablett/Selwood/Hayes/K.Stevens
    Morabito/Rookie
    RUCKMEN
    Sandilands/Vickery
    Roughead/Giles (will look at McIntosh at the expense of Vickery/Roughie pending price/club.
    FORWARDS
    Riewoldt/O'Keefe/Cloke/Fyfe/Zaharakis/Mzungu/Brown
    Didak?/Rookies

Just a rough draft and it shows, prices will play a big part, you may notice that I expect the reserves number to revert back to 2 rather then 3, as they were bought in for extra help on the byes, and they are gone next year, so the extra reserve spot I reckon will follow.

15. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Again, if I have stacks to spare, K.Stevens/Morabito/Didak/Mz/brownie could easily turn into an extra premium or 2.

16. JM

JM Member

Tom Hawkins to break out next year!

17. Higgsy

Higgsy New Member

NWGS i found TS mid last year so had the benefit of this pre season, From being in the 10,000s I'm ranked about 550 this year. THANKS to all at TS.
    Pre season there is a lot of discussions on form and rookies- very helpful. In the meantime there are some great articles in the categories section on "team selection" ; great for understanding team structure etc. Best luck for 2012

18. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Anyone else noticed Fisher's large price drop, is currently 380k and this year he started at 450k, he'll probably rise this week (havent seen his B/E) but looks to be cheaper then he was this year, and probably a very good buy again next year.

19. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Fisher will be around $540K next year but is well worth the money. Their current price has absolutely nothing to do with what they start next season at, its all about their average.

20. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

540k SKT?

You think the magic number is going to rise with the introduction of another 40ish players?