Supercoach Teams 2012

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Dogs4Life, Aug 27, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Thats what he is priced at on the stats page, so you'd have to ask Walsey how he came about it ;)

2. homerj

homerj Member

Hey all, have just had a quick look at the stats page and seen some of the price predictions for next year.

Can anyone tell me how they are worked out? I know it would have something to do with averages and then there are discounts for injury etc.

Also, does anyone know when HSun will be telling us how next year's comp will work. I know it won't open til something like Feb but the SC addicts around here will obviously be working on their teams well before then! Would be nice to know if the general assumption that we will be going back to 2 bench positions only and 20 trades is true.

3. shanaz

shanaz New Member

ive noticed that heppell and hurley's names havent popped up yet.
    as essendon continue to improve id say that these two young guns will be ready to take it to the next level.

4. Fez

Fez Moderator

Andrew Gaff will be this years Nate Fyfe

5. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

I mainly look at POD's that stand out (A.Swallow comes into mind). Any advantage that it'll give me. It is a double edge sword, but risks have to be considered.

D.Martin as a M/F is very tempting. Jarryd Roughhead could be a R/F, which would be fantastic but doubtful it'll happen.

Played basketball with Koby Stevens and he will come good with couple seasons under his belt.

But at the moment, just going to enjoy the finals and have a nice cold drink with it.

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Thought Roughead was out for most of next year...

Jack Stevens will have a breakout year, so get on board :)

7. blankmc

blankmc New Member

@Fez
    yeh i think he will. the kid has enormous potential and as a player he just racks it up.
    see him averaging 23+ disposals next year.
    beautiful kick as well.

Will barlow be worth a look next year?

8. bonesy

bonesy Member

picking 2nd year players is dancing with the devil

9. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@bonesy

Disgree.

Fyfe and Martin are names that come to mind.
    Mzungu will be good next year, Gaff has already been WCE leading possession getters on a number of occasions already.

Disgree big time.

10. meataxe

meataxe Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Sainter on September 4, 2011, 17:35
    @bonesy

Disgree.

Fyfe and Martin are names that come to mind.
    Mzungu will be good next year, Gaff has already been WCE leading possession getters on a number of occasions already

Disgree big time.</blockquote>

I can name you 40 second-year players this season that did not pay off.

And, to be honest, as well as D. Martin has played this season, he has not scored as well as a midfield premium (115+) nor has his salary appreciated substantially. As such, D. Martin would be a failed pick if you are shooting for overall.

Picking 2nd year players / midpricers will almost never pay off unless they are dirt-cheap, or unless you are VERY LUCKY. Also, I would bet than none of the top 10 coaches this year started out with Fyfe in their side.

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Ill back up what meataxe said... You have more chance of winning the lotto then picking all the right mid pricers or even 2nd year players... The only good 2nd year players i can recall have been Joel Duckwood & Nathan Fyfe.

Martin isnt a premium. Mzungu will be overpriced.

To say Gaff & Mzungu will step it upto premium status next year is im sorry just ridiculous. You'll be paying way over the odds for blokes that will more then likely average 70.

12. Sainter

Sainter New Member

whatever rows your boat.

I'll enjoy watching Gaff nexylt year, reckon he has PLENTY of upside if he doesn't get stuck with the sub role, he has already shown that.

My dad picked up Fyfe at the start of this year, I asked him how he found him.
    Skills, injuries and there was a ppace in the team.

Would any of you guys take Heppell, if it came down to it, it wouldn't be the worst option as a D6, and on previous post I have mentioned pending price.

Gaff wouldn't be a a waste of a pick at M6/M7 if you have the cash to use.
    Mzungu is 25 years old, and will probably be better next year, he's averaged more than 70 this year, so are you saying he will be worse next year?
    Mz may be over priced, but I'd be willing at F6 or F7 or something, and a plus with midpricers, if they don't work out then you can trade for the best few rookies on the bubble, so you're not just doing a sideways rookie to rookie - it's freeing up cash while you are gaining points/price so you can ise money elsewhere, therefore upgrading the team quick with those 300k midfielders. And that's the bad side of it, the good side is rewarding.

13. Sainter

Sainter New Member

*next*
    *space*
    *postS*

14. Fez

Fez Moderator

Yeah no one had Fyfe or not many would have, but it opens up the opportunity to snag a second yr player who could go bang that no 1 at the start of the year would have considered

Gaff ave is way unders for all his sub games, with the engine he has, the ball winning ability and another year in the system I say look out, the kind of gamble YOU WILL need to have a shot at 50K

15. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

can someone remind what supercoach life was like before byes, extra bench and extra trades.....how do you need to approach things? setting up squad etc

16. ExPrez

ExPrez Member

Next year my guess is that SuperCoach will go back to the way it was in 2010 - 30 players rather than 33, two on the bench in each line, 20 trades rather than 24.

With that, the magic number will go back to around 5400. So if a player averaged 100 this year, they will start at about &#36;540k. The salary cap will still be at &#36;10 million.

It will be hard to fit in all of this year's guns (eg. Pendles, Ablett, Swan, Cox) so you're going to have to look at players who previously were guns but underperformed this year.

Didak, N Roo, Montagna, even Joel Selwood come to mind. Most will shirk at starting these players (particularly Didak and N Roo) but history shows with the guns that after a poor season they usually bounce back the next one. Almost all of your premiums you select at the start of the year you are looking for a 10+ ppg avg increase on the previous year.

On 2nd year players, good luck with that. They usually come with a 60-70 point avg starting price - at that price they need to avg at least 90 (if def or fwd) to justify their selection.

With only two on the bench in each line, rookie selections are even more important. You must try and nail the right ones and those you miss you must trade in before they rise in price.

I'm surprised on the hype for Fyfe for next year. With a 108 avg will start at over &#36;580k. I reckon there will be better options at that price.

17. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from damnfunky on September 5, 2011, 12:05
    can someone remind what supercoach life was like before byes, extra bench and extra trades.....how do you need to approach things? setting up squad etc</blockquote>

For one, there were not enough trades across the year to allow the luxury of 'fiddling' with ruck selections, as most of us did with Sandilands this year.

18. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on September 5, 2011, 13:09
    <blockquote>Quote from damnfunky on September 5, 2011, 12:05
    can someone remind what supercoach life was like before byes, extra bench and extra trades.....how do you need to approach things? setting up squad etc</blockquote>

For one, there were not enough trades across the year to allow the luxury of 'fiddling' with ruck selections, as most of us did with Sandilands this year.</blockquote>

Ruck trades?? What are they :p :p

19. WindyHillWizard

WindyHillWizard New Member

I think next year the forwards are going to be the most difficult. Many of the set and forget forwards from recent years such as Pavlich, Goodes, ROK and Harvey are going to be all over 30 and not far away from having a down season. They will all be bloody expensive also.

Will we all take a risk on them or go with the young guns like Fyfe, Hurley and JRoo to all step up another notch or go value with the fallen premiums like NRoo, JB and Didak.

Should make life interesting next year.....

20. hippy

hippy New Member

Will definitely be looking at A Swallow, Barlow and Rockliff as PODs.

Rucks will be interesting. Sandilands, Cox, Goldstein, Mumford and Leuenberger all viable options.