TAB-SKY Racing Star Stable Fantasy Comp

Discussion in 'On the punt' started by Bearfly, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Yep, will defi wait till we know whom is racing next meet regardless, ta :)

2. graeme

graeme Guest

Len
    I reckon you have to use the two trades per week to earn "points" and keep boosting the value of the stable.

I'll probably be trading December Draw into Pierro (same price now $225,000) as the latter runs for a $600,000 first prize on Saturday and will jump in value if, as he should, he wins. If I had Southern Speed I would give her the flick. You need a second runner in week 2, ideally in either the Stakes or the Toorak. You cannot carry "turnarounds" in this game.

That's my view, other comments?

3. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

I think I read somewhere that the maximum horse value is $250 000, ie. Values won't rise past this. so keep that in mind when looking for trade ins, might be important if deciding which horse to trade in with pierro. Although earning $ is still more important than increasing stable value IMO. I could be wrong on that maximum, will check it out if I get a chance, unless someone else can confirm???

4. weazel

weazel Member

yes horse max is 250k as i understand it. and agree the need to trade into the winners this week most likely pierro. as for southern speed i didn't see the race but wide barrier turned me off plus i rated green moon a better chance. in the autumn comp i made the mistake of trading out a few horses i should have kept only to trade them back in again so i'd try to keep as many of the horses that will contest the major races as possible

5. Len

Thanks guys will study the noms with that in mind..
    I actually failed at reading the rules properly before locking in the stable and missed a few tactical opportunities as a result ;)

6. graeme

graeme Guest

you not reading and understanding the rules Len? ORFFAly hard to accept that amigo :D

7. Len

<blockquote>Quote from chels on October 9, 2012, 06:07
    you not reading and understanding the rules Len? ORFFAly hard to accept that amigo :D </blockquote>

Nothing more dangerous than assumed knowledge, I assumed I knew.. :)

8. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

So, did anyone jump the gun early and select Manighar in their initial line-up??? Anyone who did will be regretting that decision now after today's news!!!

9. Len

Yeah, just one of my idiot issues, at this stage I can only field two runners this weekend, and they will both be traded in.
    I glanced over the Rules and noted the first week was two states, didn't go any further and am now looking at 10 non runners for Melbourne this weekend.
    Manighar to Pierro
    &
    Shoot Out or Southern Speed to Sincero atm

10. weazel

weazel Member

my trades are fat al and lamasery (injured) for pierro and ocean park. jock unsure stick with nash or swap to boss anyone got some thoughts on jock selection

11. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

OUT : D Oliver (duh), Lamasery and Class Is Class
    IN : N Rawiller, Ocean Park and Gatewood

12. Bearfly

I think the jock selection comes down to Bossy, Nash, McEvoy, Brown and (heaven forbid) Williams - all have strong chances to snare at least a couple of wins and couple of places each.
    Brown is the wildcard this week impo, only booked for 5 rides but all of them have very strong chances.

13. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Fat al and lamasery out for me, in pierro and ocean park. Gunna stick with the safe option in Nash this week and maybe start taking a few chances next week.

14. graeme

graeme Guest

Pierro and Epaulette in for me - December Draw and Moment of Change out. Four runners today (Ocean Park and Snitzerland also). Would have been five if Moment of Change had not been injured. Will find out if my strategy worked in the next few hours.

Went with C. Brown as the jockey.

15. Bearfly

Thanks to my f*#*#*g laptop & Telstra's dodgy mobile internet this morning, I missed lockout - #nothappyJan!!!

16. graeme

graeme Guest

that's bad news Bear - perhaps you should live in a less remote part of the lucky country?

17. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Feel free to rate my team...and my likely trades:

Keep : Glencadam Gold, December Draw, Gatewood, Voila Ici, Green Moon, Mourayan, Ocean Park, Proisir
    Trade : Exceptionally for Philippi, Ichihara for My Quest For Peace, N Rawiller for L Nolen.

18. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

looking strong to me onion, im currently thinkng of perhaps urban groove for alcopop and shoot out for dunaden as my trades this week but open to suggestions....

19. Bearfly

Go the Pop!!!! Nice choice Swans, will acquit himself well and looks really close to at least a place in this :D

As for me, am tossing up who to trade out/in - this week and next will also be about setting myself up for the Plate, Derby & MC - have to try and get as many of the French horses as possible into my stable before the MC as I have a feeling a French quinella is on the cards this year much the same as the Jap quinella several years ago - they just look so superior than our stayers!!!

20. graeme

graeme Guest

@TheOnion, I really like the Philippi trade as it sets the stable up nicely for the Derby. Had not thought of it myself but starting to think it might be a cracker. Well thought out. ;)

@GotheSwannies, interested in the Urban Groove trade. But perhaps to Folding Gear? Does anybody have a clue what is happening with Urban Groove? I thought I heard on Racing Retro she was heading to Melbourne, but I have not seen her entered for any races.